You guys can thank me later

CallMeJimmy

Reaction score
I wonder if a Browns fan ever got that fortune and personally boycotted Chinese food establishments for life.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
dontbelikethat":3bvx4wmg said:
Just cracked open a fortune cookie and look what I got... :D

GD6ma3V
I mean that's some pretty stout evidence right there, however, I be a science geek, so I think I gunna stay with AROS' daughters 8 BALL. :16:

Shadowhawk

Reaction score
SeahawksForever":306s0nd0 said:
LOL I got that one in a fortune cookie last year, no joke.

Yep, so did a friend of mine at work, and she is a fellow Hawks fan. Still, why mess with tradition?

A

Anonymous

Used to work as a dishwasher at a local Chinese food restaurant while I was in high school. I was told that there is a right way and a wrong way to open a fortune cookie in order for it to "work". Now, the following is from memory and not Google, and I may have it a little wrong, but...

You never open one until the meal is 100% complete, you are supposed to break it and eat only the lesser of the two halves you create, and you can't look at the fortune until that half is swallowed. Once you read it, you cannot read it aloud and must pass it to whomever is interested in seeing it and they can't read it aloud. Finally, if you do not touch the cat statue (at least one found in every REAL Chinese restaurant) on your way out and thank the host (matradee, owner, main dude) for the meal while looking into their eyes in a heartfelt manner, it won't come true.

Something about respect, honor, and tradition.

I assume you followed correct cookie protocol?

Latest posts