You know what makes this even sweeter?

StorytellerMatt

Reaction score
I've come up with a new term for 49ers and Cowboys fans - NFL hipsters. You know how hipsters like to brag about liking a certain group before it became popular?

49ers fans are like, "Yeh, I was rooting for Super Bowl Champions before it became vogue in Seattle."

GFang

Reaction score
Zowert":1dpg9n8n said:
Come to think of it, yes, yes it does sweet'n the victory even more.

I thought this 49ers fan I happen to work with would have been silent on Monday morning. Nope. First thing he says when he sees me after the Hawks SB win; "Congrats.. One ring, four more to go."

Yeah... Really, dude..??

I'd like to see the Niners fans' reactions as they watch us rip off four more championships like it's nothing, because we are more than capable of doing so.

Ever since we joined the NFC West, the Niners have won 0 rings LOL.

rjas77

Reaction score
On the bus going to the NFCCG there was a Niner fan spouting smack talk. Of course the subject of how many rings do you have come up? I replied after we beat you tonight we'll get out first...then reminded him not only has their team not won squat since realignment, but also it's been what?....a millennia since your last one? He chuckled....

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
Zowert":1bx5iu50 said:
Come to think of it, yes, yes it does sweet'n the victory even more.

I thought this 49ers fan I happen to work with would have been silent on Monday morning. Nope. First thing he says when he sees me after the Hawks SB win; "Congrats.. One ring, four more to go."

Yeah... Really, dude..??
Must have been lots easier to get rings back in the day when the Seahawks weren't in your division. Must suck now when 6 of 10 years you can't even take the division from them.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
The Niners are our rival. They have hated us for longer than they admit. They are clearly doing what they always have, which is to diminish the Hawks.

That said, unless they are going to congratulate the Hawks, nothing they say remotely matters. There is no controversy, no question, no doubt of who the best team is.

The Hawks did what they said they were going to do. They left no doubt. They left no room for argument. They dominated the Super Bowl.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Lady Talon":19u9htil said:
What makes me laugh is how many of them assume that they'd have ripped the Broncos to the tune of 43-8 just like we did.

I don't think the Niners would have won 43-8 because Kaeperstink isn't as accurate and efficient as Russell, so he would have missed on some of those crucial 3rd down passes that Russell made.

BUT, I think they still would have crushed Manning, and probably won 31-8 or somewhere around that score.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
Honestly, if SF had won last year, this game would be even sweeter, because it'd be the end of the constant comments about how they won XLVII.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I could give less than a gnat's dump what ANY 49ers coach, player or fan has to say about us. I have two words for them:

WORLD CHAMPIONS!

Largent80

Reaction score
Aros":vw58w92k said:
I could give less than a gnat's dump what ANY 49ers coach, player or fan has to say about us. I have two words for them:

WORLD CHAMPIONS!

Ha....That is awesome.

RichNhansom

Reaction score
Super bowl trophy's Pete Carroll one Jim Harbaugh ZERO. Or Russell Wilson one Colin Kaepernick ZERO. Either one works.

That's how I respond to the 5 rings.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
What keeps returning to my consciousness is the fact that we had been informed that all the Broncos had to do in order to win Sunday was to stop Marshawn Lynch and there would be no way that Russell Wilson could beat them.

SURPRISE!! They discovered otherwise.....got beat in all three phases of the game! They literally didn't know what hit them! They were shell-shocked!

HunnyBadger

Reaction score
I find it hilarious that Ricardo Lockette and BJ Daniels has a superbowl ring before Kap and Harbaugh.

Maybe next year Lockette can take Kap to the Espy's, instead of the other way around. :lol:

Seriously though, Lockette has really gained my respect. He worked his arse off on special teams and has made a few key catches the last few games of the season.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Beating the high-powered Saints, and then the hated 49ers to get to the Super Bowl, to then top the best Offense of all time certainly made for some nervous nights to get here...but it is the best possible story to look back on.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
RichNhansom":11t21w22 said:
Super bowl trophy's Pete Carroll one Jim Harbaugh ZERO. Or Russell Wilson one Colin Kaepernick ZERO. Either one works.

That's how I respond to the 5 rings.
Yeah, this one works for me too. :th2thumbs:

Hawks46

Reaction score
Lady Talon":1q775rfv said:
What makes me laugh is how many of them assume that they'd have ripped the Broncos to the tune of 43-8 just like we did.

Kaepernick had a field day ripping us running the ball, and he still ended up with 3 clutch turnovers in the 4th quarter. One week they're telling me losing Bowman probably would have lost them the game against Denver, two weeks later it's yeah we would have humiliated them at an equal (but probably better) rate. Their strength was not in their secondary and Peyton would have abused it even in a losing effort.

They may have won if the roles were reversed, but I can't see half the country changing the channel at halftime for lack of a competitive game.

There's no way their outside CBs can hold up against D. Thomas and Decker like ours did. That would've been the big difference, as we get quicker pressure than SF does. SF also brings an OLB. In a 3-4 alignment, this leaves a bit of a hole that the MLB's have to cover by sliding over. Manning would've exploited that, although I still don't think Denver wins that game either. No way do the Niners dominate Denver like that. If we played it 10 times, we might win like that 3 times, but not all 10.

Latest posts