Zach Wilson to the Hawks?

Hawknballs

Reaction score
depending on price I'm good with it. Geno is the starter. Zach would be the drew lock of this season, only he's 3 years younger.

Also if he turns into something we can get him to change his # to 3 and some of us can wear our wilson jerseys again!

Hawknballs

Reaction score
Not for a 2nd round pick and a 3rd like that article suggests. No thanks.

2nd and a 5th but either way certainly not. The article is amateur hour but where there is smoke there is the possibility of fire.

bsuhawk

Reaction score
Maybe if the Jets release him, but I'm not using picks to get him.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
Nevermind. dont want him at any price. just looked at his cap hit. 10m this year 11m next year, no thanks. That's too big a hit for a back up.

kidhawk

Reaction score
He has no trade market. That proposal is laughable. I bet a 6th rounder, and maybe not even this year's 6th, could get it done.

I agree. He may have been a recent 1st rounder, but the jets really have little to no leverage and we really don't need to make the deal. I'd give up a conditional pick (3rd day) next year for him and if we cut him before the season starts, we give up nothing. That is about as far as I'd go with it. Otherwise just keep with whatever else we have planned.

kidhawk

Reaction score
Nevermind. dont want him at any price. just looked at his cap hit. 10m this year 11m next year, no thanks. That's too big a hit for a back up.

You can't really look at that current cap hit as being relevant. over $5.7 million of that cap is already paid by the Jets and they'd have to eat that if they trade him as it was from a signing bonus. If we traded for him, his cap numbers would be approximately $3.85 million in 2023 and $5.45 million in 2024.

Still as I said above, the only way I do it is with a conditional pick so we can bring him in for off season workouts and camp and if he doesn't fit, we cut him with no cost to us. If the coaches and front office like him, then we can hold onto him at a fair price.

I don't see it happening either way, but I say only do it if we have nothing to lose

Chapow

Reaction score
2nd and a 5th but either way certainly not. The article is amateur hour but where there is smoke there is the possibility of fire.

It's click bait speculation. Some sports "journalist" just dreamt up this proposed trade idea and decided to write an "article" about it. There is no smoke here.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
It's click bait speculation. Some sports "journalist" just dreamt up this proposed trade idea and decided to write an "article" about it. There is no smoke here.
Perhaps. Similar stuff was swirling around Darnold last season and I have it on pretty good authority that they had a serious interest.

Lagartixa

Reaction score
A bunch of thread titles around here lately have made me want to cite Betteridge, but this ("Zach Wilson to the Hawks?" in March of 2023) is the first one that makes me want to declare a five-alarm Betteridge emergency.

Seahawk_Dan

Reaction score
Zach Wilson is a scrub. If it were a real trade, no higher than a 5th Rounder. I’d rather draft a QB.

Chapow

Reaction score
Perhaps. Similar stuff was swirling around Darnold last season and I have it on pretty good authority that they had a serious interest.

I mean, even the article itself is pretty transparent about the fact that it's just a proposed trade idea some guy dreamt up and is not something that is actually backed up by, well, anything at all.

Look, I can do it too.

"Could the Seattle Seahawks land 2 time Super Bowl champion Patrick Mahomes?"

"An interesting trade suggestion has the Kansas City Chiefs dealing away star quarterback Patrick Mahomes to a team on the west coast."

Ta Da! And just like that, now there's smoke that the Seahawks might trade for Mahomes. ;)

Latest posts