First 2015 mock draft of the year

pehawk

Reaction score
Jameis?

I think Fisher is nabbing him, by trade.

City Of Reign

Reaction score
If the Seahawks let Danny Shelton slip past them at 28, which we all know we are picking 32 again ;) , I'd be absolutely furious. Yes WR is a bigger need I think, but at that point in the draft Shelton would be the best value.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
pehawk":2hn9q8ce said:
Jameis?

I think Fisher is nabbing him, by trade.

It will be interesting to see where he goes or how far he falls. Wouldn't surprise me if he's a top 5 pick, also wouldn't surprise me if he falls to the 3rd round. All the physical ability, he's a winner, but doesn't show the best decision making on or off the field (I believe he's thrown the most interceptions of any power conference qb this year).

Personally, I wouldn't draft him. I have no problem with low character players, but I have a big problem with low character quarterbacks.

pehawk

Reaction score
Jameis is to Goofus what Steve McNair is to Gallant.

Agree on all points, J. He's really, really talented. I think he can walk in and instantly be on Cam Newton's level. However, I think he's comparable more to Big Ben long term.

OP
OP
theENGLISHseahawk

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
City Of Reign":33bdt0s6 said:
If the Seahawks let Danny Shelton slip past them at 28, which we all know we are picking 32 again ;) , I'd be absolutely furious. Yes WR is a bigger need I think, but at that point in the draft Shelton would be the best value.

JMHO -- but I think Shelton has become overrated. Good player. But seeing him touted as a top-20 pick is funny. I hope he goes that early, it'll push someone else closer to Seattle. I'd like to see Shelton with the Hawks but not that early.

MizzouHawkGal":33bdt0s6 said:
My guess is that our pick will be someone none of you guys pick and that most probably barely heard of.

Good for you.

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
I don't think they go with a WR. I have a feeling its either D-line or O-line.

pehawk

Reaction score
Are you ignoring Jameis and/or my question? Or, is this Seniors only?

pehawk

Reaction score
SomersetHawk":32jb8iv4 said:
pehawk":32jb8iv4 said:

He's totally blocked you. He told me as much.

We live together.

Could be. Rob's a very sensitive boy. Even if you've told him a lot you dig his mocks, especially the ones with trades, it don't mean shit if you've ever questioned him. Very, very droopy upper-lip.

OP
OP
theENGLISHseahawk

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
pehawk":3e8uql6y said:

Sorry mate didn't see it.

I left him out purely because we've seen other high profile QB's in recent years fall considerably because of questionable character and technical issues. In some cases it's a complete collapse (Mettenberger). In others it's a round or two's drop (Geno Smith, Ryan Mallett). I do think teams will be scared to death of his off-field profile. The rape allegation aside, it's just one thing after another. It doesn't help he'll be placed next to the all-business Marcus Mariota.

He's a superior talent to the other players mentioned above and that could save him. The way he leads with his eyes and goes back to a first read after a quick efficient scan is pro-level already. He has the arm and some mobility. But he has a slightly longer release and he hasn't played well this year. He's been the cause and solution to all of FSU's problems, with some lousy turnovers to begin games before leading the comeback.

I think someone will take a chance but probably one of the QB needy teams at the top of round two. Less pressure for it to work out. Less pressure on him to be 'the guy' you're building around. Less risk in case he steals some frigging crabs legs or shouts 'FK her right in the PSY' at a function.

pehawk

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":17n2o3l1 said:
pehawk":17n2o3l1 said:

Sorry mate didn't see it.

I left him out purely because we've seen other high profile QB's in recent years fall considerably because of questionable character and technical issues. In some cases it's a complete collapse (Mettenberger). In others it's a round or two's drop (Geno Smith, Ryan Mallett). I do think teams will be scared to death of his off-field profile. The rape allegation aside, it's just one thing after another. It doesn't help he'll be placed next to the all-business Marcus Mariota.

He's a superior talent to the other players mentioned above and that could save him. The way he leads with his eyes and goes back to a first read after a quick efficient scan is pro-level already. He has the arm and some mobility. But he has a slightly longer release and he hasn't played well this year. He's been the cause and solution to all of FSU's problems, with some lousy turnovers to begin games before leading the comeback.

I think someone will take a chance but probably one of the QB needy teams at the top of round two. Less pressure for it to work out. Less pressure on him to be 'the guy' you're building around. Less risk in case he steals some frigging crabs legs or shouts 'FK her right in the PSY' at a function.

I hope you're spot on in this. If true, if he does fall past 25, the Seahawks will be sitting on a pick with a lil more value. Last time there was a polarizing QB from Florida the Hawks got the Bronco's to do something dumb.

I want the Hawks to come out of this with as many bodies as possible. Jameis slipping will also just be better TV.

Thanks

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":2t8t2ne1 said:
City Of Reign":2t8t2ne1 said:

JMHO -- but I think Shelton has become overrated.

A Husky player overrated on Seahawks.net?

When has this ever happened before?

:lol:

justafan

Reaction score
Good to see the mocks going again.Thanks for all the work you do Rob.
Agree with you on Jamis,I think alot of teams have written him off in the first.History has shown spending high picks on a douche bag like Jamis for QB rarely works.
He can be a great QB talent wise but character matters.

CPHawk

Reaction score
With the Hawks already expressing intrest in moving back, I'd bet we don't pick in the first round this year. I also don't think we keep Maxwell after this year. My guess/hope is we get two 2nd round picks and I know he's not our typical sized corner, but he's going to be a stud, but has slipped due to playing injured most the year. We draft Ifo Ekpre-Olomu in the second and get and OL also in the second round.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=xcui8k0DLMA

SomersetHawk

Reaction score
CPHawk":184njzq6 said:
With the Hawks already expressing intrest in moving back, I'd bet we don't pick in the first round this year. I also don't think we keep Maxwell after this year. My guess/hope is we get two 2nd round picks and I know he's not our typical sized corner, but he's going to be a stud, but has slipped due to playing injured most the year. We draft Ifo Ekpre-Olomu in the second and get and OL also in the second round.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=xcui8k0DLMA

I like Ifo, but I'd be disappointed if we spent our first pick on him (even if it were in the second). The highest CB we've taken under PC & JS is WTIII, and that was midway through the fourth round. Of course that doesn't mean we wont spend a higher pick on one, but if there's one position we can consistently get great value out of, then it's cornerback.

pehawk

Reaction score
I can't see Jameis slipping like projected here. Unlike the other QB'S mentioned in this thread, Jameis will have that gamer tag. Jameis is front and center on Sportscenter. GM's like that too.

He's going to get a lot leeway than the others. Someone is going to see Big Ben or McNair in him.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
pehawk":pmx2xoxg said:
I can't see Jameis slipping like projected here. Unlike the other QB'S mentioned in this thread, Jameis will have that gamer tag. Jameis is front and center on Sportscenter. GM's like that too.

He's going to get a lot leeway than the others. Someone is going to see Big Ben or McNair in him.

Agreed. No way do I see Jameis falling out of the 1st. Would be even hard pressed to see him fall outside of the Top 10.