What has Jameis done?

pehawk

Reaction score
I want to hear all these supposed redflags. Here's what I've heard so far and why I think its dumb;

1) Sexual Assault - If he did it, then yeah, he's a bastard. But, I've experienced first-hand false accusations along these lines. I was 19 and girl couldn't come up with a reasonable excuse for not coming home, so, she cried "rape". It went as far as detectives and polygraphs. She flat made it up and once she cried wolf felt dumb recanting. I take this accusation with a reasonable and justified grain of salt. I'm a short little nothing and I had a woman say that about me, cant imagine being Jameis in such instances.

2) Shopliftting - WHO CARES!! I probably gave you a wedgie in HS if you didn't shoplift occasionally. Young equals dumb...don't care.

3) Yelling "blank her in the blank". Again, who cares! Its a joke and meme for people younger than us. It's nothing but a catch phrase. The outrage is from phonies reaching for something out of context.

Is that it? Really?

From what I've heard dudes teammates LOVED him. Pros will love him too. I don't get the redflags. Dude's a beast.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
If he played a position other then QB i would agree with you. But I dont want a lack of maturity in my quarterback, and I think thats his biggest red flag.

On the field he's a stud. But has to cut down on the turnovers. Plus, he squints. Kind of creepy.

In the NFL I think he's Ben Roethlessberger, rape accusations and all.

OP
OP
P

pehawk

Reaction score
JSeahawks":frm1ubye said:
If he played a position other then QB i would agree with you. But I dont want a lack of maturity in my quarterback, and I think thats his biggest red flag.

On the field he's a stud. But has to cut down on the turnovers. Plus, he squints. Kind of creepy.

I agree with your comp. Cam or Big Ben, really.

So, did I miss any incidents?

DTexHawk

Reaction score
Don't want him if he couldn't beat Oregon.

And J, why aren't you down in Dallas partying right now?

JSeahawks

Reaction score
pehawk":rz2v1cis said:
JSeahawks":rz2v1cis said:

I agree with your comp. Cam or Big Ben, really.

So, did I miss any incidents?

Nov. 25, 2012: A woman calls 911 to report that there are two men on a bike path on the Florida State University campus with what appears to be a black, long-barreled pistol. Police respond and draw their guns as they approach Jameis Winston and his roommate and teammate, Chris Casher, and ultimately handcuff them. The two tell the officer they were shooting at squirrels with a pellet gun, and they are released without charges being filed.
Nov. 25, 2012: A few hours after the incident on the bike path, Winston, Casher and two other Florida State players, Mario Edwards and Kenneth “P.J.” Williams, allegedly engage in a BB- and pellet-gun battle at their apartment house, inflicting an estimated $4,000 in damage. Management at the apartment house declines to press criminal charges after an FSU athletic official vows that the players will pay for the damage.

July 21, 2013: Winston is accused of entering a Burger King in Tallahassee and helping himself to soda from the fountain machine without paying for it. A restaurant employee later tells police she gave Winston a cup of water but that he poured the water out and helped himself to several cups of soda despite her objections. No charges are filed.

Oct. 13, 2014: ESPN reports that FSU's compliance department is investigating whether Winston accepted money in exchange for autographs. The university's athletic director issues a statement on Oct. 17, explaining that the compliance staff looking into whether Jameis Winston accepted unauthorized benefits for his autograph has "no information indicating that he accepted payment for items reported to bear his signature, thereby compromising his athletics eligibility."

Just a bunch of stupid stuff. Nothing to demonize him over. I'm also not always crazy about his sideline demeanor, arguiing with his coaches.

http://www.foxsports.com/college-footba ... ine-091714

OP
OP
P

pehawk

Reaction score
DTexHawk":2cqz7h36 said:
Don't want him if he couldn't beat Oregon.

And J, why aren't you down in Dallas partying right now?

Restraining order.

True story.

OP
OP
P

pehawk

Reaction score
Good stuff J, thanks.

I know I'm bias towards dude with a little "edge" to them. But, Jameis' mistakes reek of youth.

Johnny Football on the other hand wanted to be able to party AND play QB. Which, I thought he could kind of do. But early results say no. Kind of different.

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
Never seen a coach have to go on the field and say, "Calm the f**k down or you're heading to the bench" during the biggest game of the season.

Never seen a coach look so frustrated when, during a suspension, Winston still got dressed and jogged onto the field in full pads only to be told, like a naughty child, to go back inside and get changed again.

Toss that off all you want, but Jimbo Fisher looked thoroughly exasperated with Winston to the point I think he's probably glad he's moving on.

And the sexual assault link was so badly handled by the authorities. It's a troubling story we can't just shrug off. Doesn't mean he's guilty, but we'll be naive if we think teams will ignore it. They won't. They'll do a ton of research. We'll see whether there's anything in it in late April. I hope it's a non-story, but it's not wrong for anyone to have doubts.

As for the other stuff -- it's just dumb college stuff. But dumb college stuff with millions on the line when you play a position that requires total responsibility and leading by example. Teams want Russell Wilson and Andrew Luck. Whether people want to accept it or not, Winston is closer to Johnny Manziel. And it surely impacted his game this year. He was a turnover machine compared to 2013.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Didn't Todd Gurley get suspended for selling autographs? If Jameis had done it, he should have been suspended as well.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
Some will think I say this because Im a UW fan but IMO Winston will end up being a much better pro than Mariotta

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":1t03hf8l said:
Never seen a coach have to go on the field and say, "Calm the f**k down or you're heading to the bench" during the biggest game of the season.

Never seen a coach look so frustrated when, during a suspension, Winston still got dressed and jogged onto the field in full pads only to be told, like a naughty child, to go back inside and get changed again.

Toss that off all you want, but Jimbo Fisher looked thoroughly exasperated with Winston to the point I think he's probably glad he's moving on.
I just want to key in on this stuff right here. Jimbo Fisher deserves everything he gets when it comes to his players doing "stupid" college stuff. I mean there is ZERO accountability in that program and he basically lets the inmates run the asylum. They let the players get away with anything and everything and then he freaks out when they don't listen to him or they do more dumb things? He's the opposite of a disciplinary HC so he gets what he gets

CPHawk

Reaction score
Forget about the off field stuff, when has a Qb thrown 17 picks, and been so well thought of? If he throws that many vs college DBs, imagine what he'll do vs NFL DB's.

bigtrain21

Reaction score
CPHawk":vr14miit said:
Forget about the off field stuff, when has a Qb thrown 17 picks, and been so well thought of? If he throws that many vs college DBs, imagine what he'll do vs NFL DB's.

I am a Husky fan and I think Mariota is way better. Doesn't Mariota have a significantly better arm than Winston?

CPHawk

Reaction score
bigtrain21":3jm3mwpb said:
CPHawk":3jm3mwpb said:

I am a Husky fan and I think Mariota is way better. Doesn't Mariota have a significantly better arm than Winston?

No, I don't think so. But Kyle Boller once threw the ball through the uprights, from the 50ydr line. Arm strength isn't everything. It's also about what's between the ears.

Honestly I'm one of the very few who hope MM falls in the draft. Aaron Rodgers benefited greatly by landing in GB, I hope Marcus can land in a similar spot, but that's seems doubtful.

bigtrain21

Reaction score
CPHawk":2knf46vx said:
bigtrain21":2knf46vx said:
CPHawk":2knf46vx said:

No, I don't think so. But Kyle Boller once threw the ball through the uprights, from the 50ydr line. Arm strength isn't everything. It's also about what's between the ears.

I actually like the way Mariota throws but I don't like the way Winston throws at all. Mariota has plenty of arm.

ivotuk

Reaction score
pehawk":2uv43cyj said:
I want to hear all these supposed redflags. Here's what I've heard so far and why I think its dumb;

1) Sexual Assault - If he did it, then yeah, he's a bastard. But, I've experienced first-hand false accusations along these lines. I was 19 and girl couldn't come up with a reasonable excuse for not coming home, so, she cried "rape". It went as far as detectives and polygraphs. She flat made it up and once she cried wolf felt dumb recanting. I take this accusation with a reasonable and justified grain of salt. I'm a short little nothing and I had a woman say that about me, cant imagine being Jameis in such instances.

2) Shopliftting - WHO CARES!! I probably gave you a wedgie in HS if you didn't shoplift occasionally. Young equals dumb...don't care.

3) Yelling "blank her in the blank". Again, who cares! Its a joke and meme for people younger than us. It's nothing but a catch phrase. The outrage is from phonies reaching for something out of context.

Is that it? Really?

From what I've heard dudes teammates LOVED him. Pros will love him too. I don't get the redflags. Dude's a beast.

So, a guy has a chance at millions and taking his team to the top but he risks it all, along with all the hard work of team mates who aren't as physically gifted as he is, to "have a little fun."

Remember the DBs who risked our Superbowl Championship year for a little weed? Smoking weed, not a big deal, putting smoking weed up there on a scale with Superbowl or NFL Career? Beyond stupid.

Jaimes WInston is a piece of shit and not only has some poor girl possibly been victimized at Florida State, but people there threatened her and tried to destroy her reputation. Does Penn State and Joe Paterno ring a bell?

lobohawk

Reaction score
Reminds me a lot of Newton, albeit with less of an impact from running. Has a high ceiling, but don't see him reaching the top 5 QBs in the NFL. The difference with Mariota is that he may have the intangibles, like Wilson or Luck, to elevate his game above his excellent athletic ability.

kearly

Reaction score
Geno Smith was boned the moment he went to a Rex Ryan team. RG3 was broken by a desperate coach, and Gruden is not the rebound he needed. I'm not enamored with Sam Bradford, but I think he'd have a winning record with Pete Carroll or Jim Harbaugh. Would Colin Kaepernick have ever started a game had he not been drafted by Harbs?

If Winston ends up better than Mariota, it is because he went to the right team and Mariota did not. Either one could be good NFL QBs, but they each need the right environment.

I think Winston would be a good fit in Arizona or Pittsburgh. He's got those Big Ben features that would appeal to Arians or Tomlin. Arians in particular, he seems to have no issue with his QB throwing interceptions.

Mariota would be an obvious fit for Philly. If for some reason Baltimore ditched Flacco I could see Mariota fitting in there nicely due to the speed and timing nature of their offense, and having a good coach helps. Tampa seems like an odd fit, but at least he'd have Mike Evans to throw to.

Regarding Mariota's interceptions, I think he deserves credit for being a very smart QB, but his predecessors had low interceptions too. The system is designed to keep interceptions down. If Winston played for Oregon he probably would have low interceptions too.

gmor

Reaction score
JSeahawks":1fkvullf said:
pehawk":1fkvullf said:
JSeahawks":1fkvullf said:
Nov. 25, 2012: A woman calls 911 to report that there are two men on a bike path on the Florida State University campus with what appears to be a black, long-barreled pistol. Police respond and draw their guns as they approach Jameis Winston and his roommate and teammate, Chris Casher, and ultimately handcuff them. The two tell the officer they were shooting at squirrels with a pellet gun, and they are released without charges being filed.
Nov. 25, 2012: A few hours after the incident on the bike path, Winston, Casher and two other Florida State players, Mario Edwards and Kenneth “P.J.” Williams, allegedly engage in a BB- and pellet-gun battle at their apartment house, inflicting an estimated $4,000 in damage. Management at the apartment house declines to press criminal charges after an FSU athletic official vows that the players will pay for the damage.

July 21, 2013: Winston is accused of entering a Burger King in Tallahassee and helping himself to soda from the fountain machine without paying for it. A restaurant employee later tells police she gave Winston a cup of water but that he poured the water out and helped himself to several cups of soda despite her objections. No charges are filed.

Oct. 13, 2014: ESPN reports that FSU's compliance department is investigating whether Winston accepted money in exchange for autographs. The university's athletic director issues a statement on Oct. 17, explaining that the compliance staff looking into whether Jameis Winston accepted unauthorized benefits for his autograph has "no information indicating that he accepted payment for items reported to bear his signature, thereby compromising his athletics eligibility."

Just a bunch of stupid stuff. Nothing to demonize him over. I'm also not always crazy about his sideline demeanor, arguiing with his coaches.

http://www.foxsports.com/college-footba ... ine-091714

The guy is a dumbass. How is he going to react when he gets a nice paycheck to fuel bigger problems while playing in a league that requires a lot more dedication? How can you not be somewhat concerned about his off field discretion?

Latest posts