Hunter Henry- TE, Arkansas

ARhawk

Reaction score
I'll assume people will think I'm a homer trying to talk up and Arkansas player, but this kid would be a great 2nd tight end and eventual Graham replacement for the Seahawks. He will be the best true tight end in this years class if he comes out, and would probably be a first round pick if he played in a pass-heavy offense. I'm not saying he is the next Gronk, but his ceiling is closer than others.

He has ideal size for a tight end (6'5" 255) to be an effective red zone threat and blocker. He doesnt have blazing speed; just from watching him, I'd guess he runs around a 4.7.

Arkansas uses Henry most often as an in-line blocker. I dont know if PFF grades college players, but if they do, I'd imagine Henry has one of the higher run-blocking grades in the country for tight ends. He has been crucial to the success of Arkansas's run game this year. He isnt dominant but he gets the job done consistently. I dont expect him to be as good a blocker as Gronk or Dwayne Allen, but he will be well above average.

Not only a solid run-blocker, Henry is also an incredibly reliable receiver with good hands. He struggled with drops early in his career at Arkansas, but I dont think he's dropped one pass this season. He reminds me of Greg Olsen a little bit in that neither are freak athletes, but are solid route runners and are fast enough to run up the seam and make tough contested catches.

What separates him from Gronk (and Gronk from just about every other tight end), is that he wont do much damage after he catches the ball. He wont throw a DB off of him and then run over another guy on his way to the end zone. You can trust him to make a tough grab, but he wont get many yards after that.

I like Luke Willson, and he's gotten better this year at blocking and is starting to clean up his drop problem. Hunter Henry definitely doesnt have Willson's straight line speed, but he is a more fluid athlete and a much better blocker. Henry is a better fit for this team and would be a good replacement for Jimmy Graham when he eventually leaves.

I dont know how high he is expected to go in the draft, but I wouldnt be upset if Seattle used an 2nd round pick on him.

HuskerHawk

Reaction score
No homerism there. Henry is a freaking stud. Would love to see him with the Hawks.

OP
OP
ARhawk

ARhawk

Reaction score
HuskerHawk":n7sidwu0 said:
No homerism there. Henry is a freaking stud. Would love to see him with the Hawks.
We are seriously lacking a legit blocking TE right now, and Henry can be that and also a threat in the pass game. He is also used to playing in a pro style offense similar to Seattle's where he doesn't get many targets. It almost makes too much sense for him to end up here.

pugs1

Reaction score
As an observer of Mississippi football I'm very fimular with Hunter and he has always stuck out in the games I've seen him play. The 4th and 25 lateral in the Ole Miss game this year was one of the headyist plays I've ever seen!

brimsalabim

Reaction score
How about Laquan McGowen from Baylor? I've seen the highlight clips that show great hands and footwork but can he do the other things a TE needs to do? I mean he is huge.