2016 TE's

hburn21

Reaction score
I feel like TE is one of the bigger needs that hasn't been talked about very much. Graham coming of a terrible injury and Willson hasn't shown he can be the #1 TE. Any good ones to take a look at?
personally I'm a big OJ Howard fan. 6'6 with supposed 4.49 speed. never really put up big numbers at Alabama but he has all the tools to be that big time mismatch.
Another guy is Beau Sandland, big time recruit for Miami but ended up in JUCO and than Montana St. 6'6 260.
https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=be ... 3AB4F04943

Laloosh

Reaction score
Who's the best blocking TE in college football? Trade up for that guy.

Reaction score
Laloosh":2ywf0hf1 said:
Nah, just draft a tackle and give him a number in the 80's. Then, you could run a "Jumbo Package" and not have to report "tackle eligible" each time.

Go Hawks,
BillA

massari

Reaction score
Rhett Ellison seems like a good UFA option if the price is right. He played at USC with Carroll for two seasons as well.

Edit:Here's him annihilating Von Miller

[youtube]VehxtjQmIHQ[/youtube]

massari

Reaction score
Bill Assumpcao":2ab8oka8 said:
Laloosh":2ab8oka8 said:
Nah, just draft a tackle and give him a number in the 80's. Then, you could run a "Jumbo Package" and not have to report "tackle eligible" each time.

Go Hawks,
BillA
Gilliam would be that guy

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Hunter Henry from Arkansas is pretty good. He's a junior so I don't know if he'll be in this draft or not.

ARhawk

Reaction score
JSeahawks":o5n4caad said:
Hunter Henry from Arkansas is pretty good. He's a junior so I don't know if he'll be in this draft or not.
I would love for the Seahawks to draft Hunter Henry. Not just because he's from Arkansas, but I think he'd be a great fit for our offense. I started this thread on him awhile back. http://www.seahawks.net/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=118744
I'm not sure if he's staying for his senior year or not

massari

Reaction score
If they use a 1st/2nd on Hunter Henry I guess that means Graham is done.

ARhawk

Reaction score
massari":27kopeb4 said:
If they use a 1st/2nd on Hunter Henry I guess that means Graham is done.
Thats the thing. TE isnt a big enough need, unless Graham wont be close to the same player he was pre-injury, to warrant an early pick. I dont see any way Seattle would use a 1st on him when they desperately need O-line and CB depth/starters, and I dont think he would fall to their 2nd.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
How about that 6'7" 410lb TE at Baylor? What's the story on him. It looked like the UNC defense had trouble with him

Seafan

Reaction score
I wouldn't waste a pick on one. Same with FB. This team needs to draft Tackles, offensive and defensive. Safeties and LBs who can move. Another edge rusher would be nice. You can never have too many.

kearly

Reaction score
So far Seattle's track record with FA / trade TE's is far better than their track record with drafted TEs. I think Seattle will look to FA this year if the right player is there for the right deal. Not that I expect the Colts to let Dwayne Allen walk, but if they lowball him and he's out there, he'd be a very nice #2 TE to pair with Graham. And though I think Vernon Davis is washed up, I could see him getting a prove it deal from a team like Seattle.

And who knows, maybe Zach Miller's ankle will heal up.

massari

Reaction score
There really is quite a few good options in free agency.

As for trade targets, Dion Sims(MIA) and Jack Doyle(IND) are a couple of young cheap guys who can block.

chris98251

Reaction score
I think we have our TE's now based on the recent play I have seen.

kearly

Reaction score
chris98251":2c1rt61i said:

It was just one game, but Coffman looked pretty good.

Helfett had a nice game too, but he's had nice games before...

chris98251

Reaction score
Add Willson and Graham and where do you fit a draft pick in to this, also McCoy on IR.

OP
OP
H

hburn21

Reaction score
chris98251":17gy9l7x said:
Add Willson and Graham and where do you fit a draft pick in to this, also McCoy on IR.
It's probably a 90% chance Graham starts the year on the PUP and it's not even a guarantee he plays next year

Hawks46

Reaction score
kearly":1g5m02kp said:
chris98251":1g5m02kp said:

It was just one game, but Coffman looked pretty good.

Helfett had a nice game too, but he's had nice games before...

I was thinking the same thing. Coffman is going to get some serious playing time in the playoffs, so if he can step up we might not need a guy. Coffman easily looked like a good #2 TE, but it was only one game.

Willson's blocking looked even better this year, and Coffman's looked good (and could get better under an offseason with Cable). With the way Wilson has been throwing to the WR's, we need our TE to block maybe even more than being a good receiver. Willson is decent in the red zone and Coffman is a long target that looks promising.

I can see us going TE, but not early. Unless we know for sure Graham is out for the year and Coffman looks like garbage, I just don't see room on the roster.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
hburn21":2gb8x5xt said:
I feel like TE is one of the bigger needs that hasn't been talked about very much. Graham coming of a terrible injury and Willson hasn't shown he can be the #1 TE. Any good ones to take a look at?
personally I'm a big OJ Howard fan. 6'6 with supposed 4.49 speed. never really put up big numbers at Alabama but he has all the tools to be that big time mismatch.

He's probably the MVP of the title game.