2016 MOCK DRAFT

Overseasfan

Reaction score
I think Rob Rang's scenario is a lot more likely than Dane Brugler's. If Taylor Decker is available at #26 he'd be a prime candidate to be picked by us and since he's generally projected around the 15-25 range it wouldn't be THAT impossible he lasts untill #26. Picking Jack Conklin would be a headscratcher though. I don't think he fits us at all and we wouldn't pick him if Spriggs, Nkemdiche and Rankins were all still on the board.

McGruff

Reaction score
Overseasfan":2reytf60 said:
I think Rob Rang's scenario is a lot more likely than Dane Brugler's. If Taylor Decker is available at #26 he'd be a prime candidate to be picked by us and since he's generally projected around the 15-25 range it wouldn't be THAT impossible he lasts untill #26. Picking Jack Conklin would be a headscratcher though. I don't think he fits us at all and we wouldn't pick him if Spriggs, Nkemdiche and Rankins were all still on the board.
Yeah, Decekr would be a no brainer for me, and I can't imagine Conklin is even on the board. But I didn't think Britt was much of a Seahawk propect either, so who knows.

I do wonder how they would rate Decker compared to Spriggs. Decker his far more polished in his overall game, but Spriggs has that high upside athletic ability.

Overseasfan

Reaction score
McGruff":2gxvzzcv said:
Overseasfan":2gxvzzcv said:
Yeah, Decekr would be a no brainer for me, and I can't imagine Conklin is even on the board. But I didn't think Britt was much of a Seahawk propect either, so who knows.

I do wonder how they would rate Decker compared to Spriggs. Decker his far more polished in his overall game, but Spriggs has that high upside athletic ability.

Decker is a natural RT and a very good one at that. Picking him ensures you there won't be any problems there for years to come. However, that would leave the more important LT position a bit undermanned. Spriggs isn't as sure to succeed as Decker but I do think he has a higher ceiling as LT.

If we get a FA LT then I'd prefer Decker and if not I'd rather have Spriggs.