Will Fuller

Ozzy

Reaction score
Fuller just ran a 4.33. Anyone films buffs have a strong opinion on him? He checks the Seahawks for having a unique field tilting quality so maybe a discussion is warranted. Thoughts?

McGruff

Reaction score
austinslater25":3m0qsmao said:
Fuller just ran a 4.33. Anyone films buffs have a strong opinion on him? He checks the Seahawks for having a unique field tilting quality so maybe a discussion is warranted. Thoughts?

He's a big play waiting to happen. I think he's very much a guy the Seahawks would like. He's not the best route runner, and he lacks concentration catching at times, but he's the best deep threat in the draft.

He's a better, bigger version of PR.

Erebus

Reaction score
He had a lot of drops in college. His hands measured at 8-1/4", which probably explains the drops. If you can live with that, then he should be worth taking early.

McGruff

Reaction score
As an aside, man the WRS this year are consistently slow across the board. I love Doctson, but thought he was a 4.4 guy, and he was among the faster ones this year at mid 4.5. Lots of 4.6 and slower guys.

Erebus

Reaction score
I don't know how much sense he makes for the Seahawks. They clearly have bigger needs early, but those needs may be able to be filled later. Do they just want a whole bunch of WRs that are fast big play threats? Or do they want some variety, such as adding a tall possession WR? I don't know the answer to this. If they just want speed, then Fuller might be our guy.

getnasty

Reaction score
I'm liking Fuller more and more, might not be there when we draft after his workouts though. Dude definitely fits that TD maker that Pete loves.

McGruff

Reaction score
Erebus":35vfnfar said:
I don't know how much sense he makes for the Seahawks. They clearly have bigger needs early, but those needs may be able to be filled later. Do they just want a whole bunch of WRs that are fast big play threats? Or do they want some variety, such as adding a tall possession WR? I don't know the answer to this. If they just want speed, then Fuller might be our guy.

I think the team has a pretty clear history at the position. They view size as a luxury, speed and agility as necessities. They will not compromise speed to get bigger.

McGruff

Reaction score
Hendo66":3m1kr79a said:
Doctson would be a great addition. Especially if Kearse leaves.

Doctson IMO is the best high point jump ball catcher in the draft.

hburn21

Reaction score
If we go after a receiver I want keyarris Garnett out of Tulsa or Marquez north from Tennessee. Both are 6'3 220 with 35"+ vertical and long arms. Also both should be there in the 3 round or later

Erebus

Reaction score
McGruff":dxbtuigf said:
Erebus":dxbtuigf said:

I think the team has a pretty clear history at the position. They view size as a luxury, speed and agility as necessities. They will not compromise speed to get bigger.

Except they have, several times. Chris Harper and Kevin Norwood are recent examples. They obviously want size too.

kearly

Reaction score
Receivers who shine only as deep threats generally bust in the NFL. That said, Seattle makes good use of those types. Maybe if Fuller falls a long, long way, Seattle might think about it. But I don't think they would even consider a WR before day 3.

McGruff

Reaction score
Erebus":2pkrru7c said:
McGruff":2pkrru7c said:
Erebus":2pkrru7c said:

Except they have, several times. Chris Harper and Kevin Norwood are recent examples. They obviously want size too.

Both were 4.5 speed guys. They were big and fast.

Erebus

Reaction score
McGruff":fjhw8lrf said:
Erebus":fjhw8lrf said:
McGruff":fjhw8lrf said:
Erebus":fjhw8lrf said:

Both were 4.5 speed guys. They were big and fast.

I wasn't suggesting they want slow pokes. I was raising the possibility that they may want some size to go with all their shorter receivers, which Fuller doesn't offer.

cheese22

Reaction score
Garrett doesn't look 4.5 fast. A couple other guys with good height that won't go until the last couple rounds are Devon Cajuste and Kenny Lawler. Lawler is more dynamic with good yac's. Cajuste is probably the best blocker with some of the best hands in the draft. Lawler could go middle rounds while Cajuste is projected 6th or 7th round. I'd love to get Cajuste because of size, hands and blocking.

McGruff

Reaction score
Erebus":awelq0bz said:
McGruff":awelq0bz said:
[
I wasn't suggesting they want slow pokes. I was raising the possibility that they may want some size to go with all their shorter receivers, which Fuller doesn't offer.

Of course they would like size. Who wouldnt.

The point is they will compromise size to get speed. They won't compromise speed to get size.

penihawk

Reaction score
cheese22":1n616ebo said:
Garrett doesn't look 4.5 fast. A couple other guys with good height that won't go until the last couple rounds are Devon Cajuste and Kenny Lawler. Lawler is more dynamic with good yac's. Cajuste is probably the best blocker with some of the best hands in the draft. Lawler could go middle rounds while Cajuste is projected 6th or 7th round. I'd love to get Cajuste because of size, hands and blocking.

Ditto on Cajuste. 6'4" 234 w/10 3/4 hands. Ran 4.62 but had a 1.61 split and very respectable 3cone & short shuttle. I don't see us going wr until day 3 but he is the guy I would love to get. He just looks like a "football player" that makes plays in spite of not being a prototypical wr type.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Fuller actually doesn't drop as many as people may think,you have to look at who was throwing him the ball.The passes were not that great and usually were behind him with someone on his back.The guy made a lot of tough catches as well and it wasn't just long straight routes.He is very good in the slot also.I think he is better than Golden Tate ever was at ND,I wouldn't complain if the Hawks took him.I can just see him and TL making everything easier up front with that speed

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
McGruff":3temiost said:
Hendo66":3temiost said:
Doctson would be a great addition. Especially if Kearse leaves.

Doctson IMO is the best high point jump ball catcher in the draft.
I think he's the best wr in the draft, he may not be the first off the board but he will be up there when they do those redraft articles. Someone is going to get a steal.

Latest posts