Pre-Free Agency Mock draft #2

titan3131

Reaction score
We start this draft with a few assumptions.
Resign Okung
Resign Rubin – DONE 3/7/16 WOOHOO TUBA TUBA!!!
Sign a FA Cameron Wake – Who according to a Miami source would rather play for a contender then take a paycut with Miami.
This Eliminates the forcing of a need pick @ 26. And with the depth of this DT class we able to take advantage of the depth.

1. (26) Shon Coleman or a top tier tackle that falls.

2. (54) Trade pick for a teams 3rd 5th and 6th round pick.

3. (result of trade) Graham Glasgow, C, Michigan

3. Connor McGovern, RT/G, Mizzou – Athletic utility linemen that can play tackle or guard.

3. (comp pick) Javon Hargave DT – Smaller school prospect who had amazing sack production. We are looking to have raw talent get translated to the nfl with great coaching. Possibly the pass rushing DT we need.

4. (Comp pick) Devon Caujste Stanford WR
This guy is 6’4” and has the capacity of being a monster. He was grossly underused this year due to kevin Hogan playing like CRAP. You can watch his film and see him bust wide open and the QB will completely miss him. Fortunetly for us he will slide due to the low production. He wears the #89 and has developed a relationship with Doug Bladwin the previous Stanford 89. Baldwin has already started tutoring him on being a pro and how to break down tape in the best way. Personally I see the hawks relying on their leaders to create a “each one teach one” system. Sherm is tutoring Tye Smith, Doug will get this guy.

5. (result of trade) Willie Henry
Big Ole willie. I first found him thru a link to Frank Clark. He asked franks advice on coming out and is well connected to him. Then I watched his film. Now he isn’t a dynamic pass rusher, we obviously know that’s not the STRENGTH of this DT class. But he plays with almost perfect pad level, can take double teams, plays proper gap discipline, and has untapped pass rush potential. @ Michigan they would occasionally line him up @ DE and he was actually solid there. I see him developing in to a good 6-8 sack NT.

5. (comp pick) Justin Simmons FS/Ncb

6. (result of trade pick) Marshaun Coprich
WoW what can I say about this guy. First, he played in a small school and didn’t face great competition, second he doesn’t really stand out in his athleticism and testing #’s. But his tape is GREAT, He plays with a amazingly low bas like another Marshawn we know well, makes sick cuts and continues forward instead of dancing side to side not making progress… He is a smaller stature @ 208 ish and only 5’8” but can disappear behind the LOS and explode for a homerun hit. This is why we will draft him, HE isn’t the MAULING bruising back that Lynch was, but he has the ability to be EXPLOSIVE and a great Change of pace back. I see him as a blend of MJD, lynch, and homerun hitting speed of sproles.

6. (comp pick) Dadi Nicholas – Sparq God, 41 inch vertical…

7. Tanner McEvoy SS/ OLB

7. (comp pick) Daryl Worley CB

cover-2

Reaction score
I love the picks of Coleman, Hargrave, and McEvoy. I'm luke warm on both Glasgow and McGovern. Caujste was I guy I really like a year ago, but I cooled off on him after watching him struggle a bit with drops.

For me Coleman is on my list of "I can leave the draft without" prospect list. I love his on the field demeanor, dude is just a bully. He will impose his will on guys and then let them know it after the play. I use to love watching Breno be the bully and Coleman can bring that mentality back to our o-line.

[youtube]64vKPczvKgw[/youtube]

OP
OP
titan3131

titan3131

Reaction score
Causjte has a relationship with baldwin and I believe that baldwins tutelage could bring the superstar out of him.

firebee

Reaction score
titan3131":3gzrt1kx said:
We start this draft with a few assumptions.
Resign Okung
Resign Rubin – DONE 3/7/16 WOOHOO TUBA TUBA!!!
Sign a FA Cameron Wake – Who according to a Miami source would rather play for a contender then take a paycut with Miami.
This Eliminates the forcing of a need pick @ 26. And with the depth of this DT class we able to take advantage of the depth.

1. (26) Shon Coleman or a top tier tackle that falls.

2. (54) Trade pick for a teams 3rd 5th and 6th round pick.

3. (result of trade) Graham Glasgow, C, Michigan

3. Connor McGovern, RT/G, Mizzou – Athletic utility linemen that can play tackle or guard.

3. (comp pick) Javon Hargave DT – Smaller school prospect who had amazing sack production. We are looking to have raw talent get translated to the nfl with great coaching. Possibly the pass rushing DT we need.

4. (Comp pick) Devon Caujste Stanford WR
This guy is 6’4” and has the capacity of being a monster. He was grossly underused this year due to kevin Hogan playing like CRAP. You can watch his film and see him bust wide open and the QB will completely miss him. Fortunetly for us he will slide due to the low production. He wears the #89 and has developed a relationship with Doug Bladwin the previous Stanford 89. Baldwin has already started tutoring him on being a pro and how to break down tape in the best way. Personally I see the hawks relying on their leaders to create a “each one teach one” system. Sherm is tutoring Tye Smith, Doug will get this guy.

5. (result of trade) Willie Henry
Big Ole willie. I first found him thru a link to Frank Clark. He asked franks advice on coming out and is well connected to him. Then I watched his film. Now he isn’t a dynamic pass rusher, we obviously know that’s not the STRENGTH of this DT class. But he plays with almost perfect pad level, can take double teams, plays proper gap discipline, and has untapped pass rush potential. @ Michigan they would occasionally line him up @ DE and he was actually solid there. I see him developing in to a good 6-8 sack NT.
5. (comp pick) Justin Simmons FS/Ncb

6. (result of trade pick) Marshaun Coprich
WoW what can I say about this guy. First, he played in a small school and didn’t face great competition, second he doesn’t really stand out in his athleticism and testing #’s. But his tape is GREAT, He plays with a amazingly low bas like another Marshawn we know well, makes sick cuts and continues forward instead of dancing side to side not making progress… He is a smaller stature @ 208 ish and only 5’8” but can disappear behind the LOS and explode for a homerun hit. This is why we will draft him, HE isn’t the MAULING bruising back that Lynch was, but he has the ability to be EXPLOSIVE and a great Change of pace back. I see him as a blend of MJD, lynch, and homerun hitting speed of sproles.

6. (comp pick) Dadi Nicholas – Sparq God, 41 inch vertical…

7. Tanner McEvoy SS/ OLB

7. (comp pick) Daryl Worley CB

Problems I see... Devon Cajuste hasn't made it to our pick in the 4th in any mock I've done using the various boards on fanspeak. It seems the draftniks are catching on to his size, hops, hands and run blocking. We'll likely have to take him with our 3rd if we want some kind of guarantee on landing him and I do think he's the perfect fit for our receiving corp. Most of the other receivers come off as P-Rich, Baldwin, Lockett types that add no extra dimension to our receiving corp.

Willie Henry hasn't made it out of the 3rd round on any of the mocks I've done. We'd be lucky to land him with our 3rd round pick at #27 and it's doubtful we land him with our comp in the 3rd. I don't see any way he slides to us in the 4th, much less the 5th. I have him pegged as the 3rd best DT in this draft behind Billings and Rankins. I'd pull the trigger on Henry in round 2.

Love Tanner McEvoy, but I'm pulling the trigger on him early. He's a guy I feel like the Seahawks just have to get. Too much versatility, athleticism and too many unique traits to pass on. If he was a 6'2 average sized player, I might be inclined to hold off on him, but at 6'6" with his abilities, I don't trust that he's going to last long. He's one of those guys that could go at literally any time in this draft. Hell... He could go top 10 and I really wouldn't be surprised too much with the pick.

Like the Coleman pick, but I have other ideas viewtopic.php?f=18&t=124053
Dominique Robertson is a major sleeper. I also really like McGovern and would be really surprised if we didn't take him. Even if we don't resign Okung, I think we land someone like Sowell or maybe spend up a little on the likes of Schwartz, so we're not forcing ourselves to draft a starting LT. Really liking the idea of getting Dominique Robertson out of West Georgia. Looking at film on him, his combine performance and his measurables; he fits the bill for LT perfectly by our staff's standards. Just a matter of how he'll fare going from small school competition to NFL competition.

I'm also favoring Trae Elston over Simmons. Elston just has Sherman mannerisms and style popping off all over in the games he plays.

penihawk

Reaction score
I think your love affair with McEvoy might be a bit too optimistic firebee. :lol:

OP
OP
titan3131

titan3131

Reaction score
"Dominique Robertson is a major sleeper"

Uhhmmm have you seen any film on him? he only played 4 games at a real college level...

firebee

Reaction score
titan3131":2yie6b7m said:
"Dominique Robertson is a major sleeper"

Uhhmmm have you seen any film on him? he only played 4 games at a real college level...

Most film on him is West Georgia... See Dark Horse Draft for a link to the video that gives you the best look at him... #75.
Also did very well at his pro day according to reports, but nobody from the Seahawks was at the West Georgia Pro Day, which leads me to believe he's not even on our FO's radar. When looking at OT prospects in this draft, I realistically think that It's going to come down to Conklin if he slides to us at #26, Spriggs at #26 or Stephane Nembot late on the 2nd day based on our history with SPARQ, measurables and a propensity to lean towards the offensive lineman with good Bench reps.