An unbiased list of potential RD-1 or RD-2 draftable CB's

Discuss your thoughts about anything draft related. Mocks, College and Pro. Knock yourselves out!!! LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
  • An unbiased list of potential RD-1 or RD-2 draftable CB's and their current career stats:

The next draft will likely see the Seahawks taking a CB somewhere within the 1-st two rounds of the draft. Below is a list of potential players that may be of interest and their stats current through last weeks games. Obviously there will be others that come up through the ranks & this should not be considered a complete list. I will be watching for these players as the college seasons goes along, thought I'd post it for information value. Stats from sportsreference.com, rankings from cbssports.com

CB-Bryce Hall, 6-1/200, Virginia, - Currently #6-overall
    (IF #'s count at all, this guy has them)
    --Career to date: 41-games, 153-tkls, 9.5-TFL, 4.0-sacks, 5-INT, 38-PD, 2-FR, 3-FF

CB-Kristian Fulton, 6-0/200, LSU, - Currently #11-overall
    --Career to date: 17-games, 40-tkls, 1-TFL, 1-INT, 14-PD, 1-FF

CB-Paulson Adebo, 6-1/190, Stanford, Currently #21-overall
    --Career to date: 18-games, 83-tkls, 5.0-TFL, 5-INT, 22-PD, 1-FF

CB-Trevon Diggs, 6-2/207, Alabama - Currently #34-overall
    --Career to date: 37-games, 45-tkls, 3-INT, 10-PD, 1-FR, 2-FF

CB-C. J. Henderson, 6-1/202, Florida, - Currently #35-overall
    --Career to date: 24-games, 64-tkls, 5.0-TFL, 3.0-sacks, 6-INT(2-TD's), 14-PD, 2-FF

CB-Lamar Jackson, 6-3/215, Nebraska, projected late round-1 on cbssports.com mocks
    --Career to date: 34-games, 101-tkls, 6.0-TFL, 2.0-sacks, 4-INT, 19-PD, 2-FF

CB-Jeff Okudah, 6-1/200, Ohio St., projected late round-1 on cbssports.com mocks
    --Career to date: 28-games, 66-tkls, 1.0-TFL, 3-INT, 12 PD, 2-FR, 1-FF

CB-Jaylon Johnson, 6-0/195, Utah, Currently ranked #51-overall
    --Career to date: 29-games, 78-tkls, 2.0-TFL 1.0-sack, 6-INT (1-TD), 15-PD

CB-Cameron Dantzler, 6-2/185, Miss. St., Currently ranked #73-overall
    --Career to date: 26-games, 82-tkls, 4.5-TFL, 1.0-sacks, 4-INT, 16-PD, 1-FR

CB-A.J. Terrell, 6-1/190, Clemson, Currently ranked #85-overall
    --Career to date: 29-games, 80-tkls, 3.5-TFL, 0,5-sacks, 4-INT (1-TD), 11-PD, 2-FF

CB-Mike Hampton, 6-1/190, So. Florida, Currently ranked #96-overall
    --Career to date: 26-games, 69-tkls, 2.0-TFL, 1.0-sack, 2-INT, 21-PD.

:smilingalien:
    CamanoIslandJQ
    NET Veteran

• We just don't draft CB's that high, I think it's about second payday and getting value and production early and a prove it type situation.

Look at who would be there from round three onward and that's who we start to look at.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

• I dunno, they might change up this year. I was thinking of starting a thread on what positions the Hawks need to Target in the draft. The only ones I can really see are OL and DB (mostly safety). So the simple lack of need could push a DB up into the draft plans. I would still think safety is more likely than CB, but CB could work too.

I should add that Dline could be a position of need as just like the Online I think so many bodies are needed it is always good to draft some players there but if theyamage to keep Ziggy and Clowney and resign Reed, they are pretty set there. Heck, Collier is a healthy scratch half the time.
    HawkGA
    NET Hall Of Famer

• Safety is our biggest need right now. Maybe the young guys improve, but for our D to hum along we need a guy that can take away the deep ball, and also tackle.
    CPHawk
    NET Veteran

• IMO- Bfyce Hall, Paulson Adebo & C J Henderson are all worthy 2-nd round Seahawk picks & IIIRC-Blair was a 2-nd round DB pick last draft, so why not a CB? Hall in particular looks to not be in any top 50 lists and could be available when the Hawks pick in Rd-2, Henderson could go a bit earlier than that and Adebo perhaps slightly later.

With the way JS trades down, he will likely have several picks in the 25-60 area and could very well use a 2-nd on Hall as an outside CB or Henderson as a slot CB, not far behind them is Adebo who could maybe go in Rd-2./3 and all three of these guys have decent stats and would add some very good competition to the defensive backfield.

If it were me doing the drafting, I'd take any of the 3 with Henderson being a bit more of a need at slot CB (he also plays outside), and is a bit more of a "ball hawk", but either of the other two would be fine also. For those saying we don't pick CB's high, would your opinion change if either of the starters were IR'ed? It is predominately a passing league and the CB's are more important than ever in today;s NFL.
    CamanoIslandJQ
    NET Veteran

• This draft is really quite loaded with CB prospects. Not necessarily guys rated in the top 30 overall either. But there are many quality starters to be had in day two in this group.

The safety class is pretty suck though. In this class, Blair is probably in the top 3 safety prospects. Not a ringing endorsement considering he's been a healthy scratch all year on a team that is frankly not good at safety. So there isn't anything holding him back from a roster/depth standpoint.

Best bet is to fire up a trade for an existing safety in the league.
    Attyla the Hawk
    NET Veteran

• Attyla the Hawk wrote:This draft is really quite loaded with CB prospects. Not necessarily guys rated in the top 30 overall either. But there are many quality starters to be had in day two in this group.

The safety class is pretty suck though. In this class, Blair is probably in the top 3 safety prospects. Not a ringing endorsement considering he's been a healthy scratch all year on a team that is frankly not good at safety. So there isn't anything holding him back from a roster/depth standpoint.

Best bet is to fire up a trade for an existing safety in the league.

If Jets continue to be awful I would love to get Jamal Adams, especially since he doesn't sound happy to be there anymore. I think at minimum one safety spot and one CB spot need to be upgraded, whether that's Blair stepping in, a trade, or use the army of draft picks on secondary.
    mistaowen
    NET Veteran

• A potential mid-to-late round DB prospect;
    S/BigNickel/death-LB-Patrick Nelson, SMU, 6-0/216,
    2019: 8 games; 52-tkls, 37-solo, 1-INT, 12.5-TFL, 10-Sacks, 1-PBI, 2-QBH, 1-FF.
    CamanoIslandJQ
    NET Veteran

• Paulson Adebo 2nd rd seems nice.

Will there be many OL and pass rushers to choose from in the first couple rounds?

OL, pass rusher and CB with the 1st and two 2nds seems ideal.
    massari
    NET Veteran

• DE or DT will be our 1st pick if we keep it. There's a potential that Reed, Clowney, Ansah and Jefferson could all leave after the year. You might say it's are biggest need even if they all came back.
    getnasty
    NET Veteran

• chris98251 wrote:We just don't draft CB's that high, I think it's about second payday and getting value and production early and a prove it type situation.

Look at who would be there from round three onward and that's who we start to look at.

Passing on first round CB's is not sound drafting there to important in today's NFL.
    Northwest Seahawk
    NET Veteran

It is currently Thu Nov 21, 2019 2:45 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE NCAA FOOTBALL & PRO DRAFT FORUM ]

Information