Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Josh Epenesa

Discuss your thoughts about anything College Football or NFL draft. Recruiting, Projections, and Mock drafts, Etc. LANGUAGE: PG-13
Josh Epenesa
Thu Jan 30, 2020 7:00 pm
  • CBS mock says we get him as the steal of the draft. One can only hope.
    TreeRon
    NET Veteran

Re: Josh Epenesa
Fri Jan 31, 2020 8:22 am
  • A.J.
    KinesProf
    NET Bench Warmer

Wed Feb 05, 2020 3:55 pm
  • I've watched him beat up on my Cyclones for years. He's a beast and I'd be thrilled to have him on our squad.
    Vaclav44
    Gold Supporter
    Gold Supporter

Thu Feb 06, 2020 4:12 am
  • I like him, but I don't think he's at all worth where he was initially being mocked in the top 15.

I don't think he's a great fit, and I'm worried about his lack of explosion. No bend, not really a great set of pass rush moves...

He has played well, however. He can anchor very well, has enough sand in his trousers to be an effective run defender as a base end. Definitely not a screamer off the edge. His power won't be as effective against pro tackles, imo.

In the late first, I think his power and length are traits that make him a passable selection as a player with a high floor. I just don't think he solves our pass rush problem like a bona fide speed rusher has the potential to.

Personally, I'd prefer him as a second round prospect. I like Gross Matos a little bit better, and K'Lavon Chaisson better than both of them. Seems like Chiasson will be long gone by 27, though.
    Maelstrom787
    NET Veteran

Thu Feb 06, 2020 2:13 pm
  • Maelstrom787 wrote:I like him, but I don't think he's at all worth where he was initially being mocked in the top 15.

I don't think he's a great fit, and I'm worried about his lack of explosion. No bend, not really a great set of pass rush moves...

He has played well, however. He can anchor very well, has enough sand in his trousers to be an effective run defender as a base end. Definitely not a screamer off the edge. His power won't be as effective against pro tackles, imo.

In the late first, I think his power and length are traits that make him a passable selection as a player with a high floor. I just don't think he solves our pass rush problem like a bona fide speed rusher has the potential to.

Personally, I'd prefer him as a second round prospect. I like Gross Matos a little bit better, and K'Lavon Chaisson better than both of them. Seems like Chiasson will be long gone by 27, though.

I've seen mocks with us getting those guys. Personally I want us to address the D line in FA and draft O.
    TreeRon
    NET Veteran

Thu Feb 06, 2020 8:34 pm
  • There's a whole slew of fresh mocks out today. None of them having any of our targets at edge or DE available to us. Instead they have us taking a varity of choices, including one of the monster O Linemen from Bama, of from Houston etc., although one had us getting a major D lineman.
    Fine by me, although I hope we don't ignore a good center.
    Looks like we're gonna have to pony up some cash to get better on the edge.
    Appyhawk
    NET Veteran

Location: Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montana.

Fri Feb 07, 2020 12:55 pm
  • Center is the main focus on this draft If I am JS. Too hard to ignore.

Reagor would be a perfect fit in this offense. PLEASE get him.
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

It is currently Wed Feb 19, 2020 9:44 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ NCAA FOOTBALL & PRO DRAFT ]

Information