If Sheldon Richardson slides past #20...

Discuss your thoughts about anything draft related. Mocks, College and Pro. Knock yourselves out!!! RATING: PG-13
If Sheldon Richardson slides past #20...
Sun Apr 21, 2013 6:40 pm
  • If Sheldon Richardson were to slide past #20, I'd love to see JS pull off a trade. Depending how long we wait, we might be able to trade for our 2014 1st, our third round pick and our second fifth round pick. If we pulled the trigger on this deal, we would still be able to address our other needs, and we would be trading the 32nd pick next year. He is the player in this draft that I most covet.
    godawg
    NET Starter

• I say if their at 17 then I try to make a deal with pittsburgh because there is no way sheldon gets past the cowboys at 18 and I think sheldon would be exactly what this team needs up the middle.
    goseahawks2012
    NET Bench Warmer

• Wayyyyyyy tooo much draft capital to move up that far. We'd be giving up our 2nd this year, our 1st next and probably another pick like a 3rd or 4th.

Not sure if we'd actually trade any players but if we could sell high with Tate or Chancellor before they are FA's next year and throw in our 2nd I'd probably do it.
    Wenhawk
    NET Veteran

• I like the idea of a trade including players. I don't underestimate JS' ability to pull something like this off if he thinks it's the right thing to do.
    Last edited by godawg on Wed Apr 24, 2013 1:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    godawg
    NET Starter

• Never happen. Sheldon Richardson would be the one player that I would most
    like to see as a Seahawk. If The steelers or Cowboys want him, they better
    trade into the top 12 or so.

Guys like this do not come along all that often. With his motor and demonstrated
    skills, I think he will go sooner rather than later. No slide for him.
    two dog
    NET Veteran

• Rams will take him at #22 if he is there based on value alone. Richardson is for real and I actually expect him to go in the top 14.
    vanillasuede
    NET Bench Warmer

• two dog wrote:Never happen. Sheldon Richardson would be the one player that I would most
    like to see as a Seahawk. If The steelers or Cowboys want him, they better
    trade into the top 12 or so.

Guys like this do not come along all that often. With his motor and demonstrated
    skills, I think he will go sooner rather than later. No slide for him.

If that is true he would be a top 5 pick, especially with this craptastic draft class.
    P-Rich fo life
    ImTheScientist
    NET Veteran

• I'd certainly think about it. i think he's great. What would really hold me back is just the fact that it seems like getting a good DT with a high pick is more of a crapshoot than almost any other position. Look at Glen Dorsey, Sed Ellis, and Gerald McCoy recently. Everyone thought those dudes would be dominant and they all went top 5. They have all disappointed to varying degrees. Meanwhile, the unhyped Randy Starks and Henry Melton are 2 of the better 3 techs in the league. Seems like projecting DT's in the top of the draft is just not easy, and that would probably prevent me from selling off a ton of capital to get a DT.

If we were talking about like moving up 8 spots in round 1, yea I'd very likely do it. But going from round 2 will be so costly.
    Missing_Clink
    NET Veteran

It is currently Fri Sep 19, 2014 9:58 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE NCAA FOOTBALL & PRO DRAFT FORUM ]

Information