I never really paid attention

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
But isnt the draft usually over the weekend instead of starting on Thursday?

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
They switched it up a few years back to maximize the prime time exposure.

Only the first round is Thursday. Second and third rounds are on Friday and the remainder on Saturday.

Rat

Reaction score
Goodell gave it a Thursday 5pm PST starting time to make the draft "more accessible to the fans". I don't live out west, but I guess you guys are all home from work by then.

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
Rat":1l6tyhd7 said:
Goodell gave it a Thursday 5pm PST starting time to make the draft "more accessible to the fans". I don't live out west, but I guess you guys are all home from work by then.

No, but a lot closer to home than 4pm. I'm sure the NFL would have preferred that start time.

Not sure how less accessible 9am on Saturday was. I'm going to go with accessibility having very little to do with the change. Although it is appreciated that it begins a tad later out here.

jlwaters1

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":1v7w8715 said:
They switched it up a few years back to maximize the prime time exposure.

Only the first round is Thursday. Second and third rounds are on Friday and the remainder on Saturday.

I like this format instead of getting yelled at by the wife when you park yourself infront of the tube ALL SAT/SUN. Even the most diehard draft fan starts to lose interest after 5+ hours.

It used to be rounds 1-3 SAT- Rounds 4-7 on SUN

Now it's alot more palatable. + Having it broken out the way it does kind of seperates the talent into like portions. Got 3 tiers- By in large- 1st rounds= hopefully immediate starters/impact players, 2-3= eventual starter/rotational players,, 4-7= key reserves and core special teams players.

I can't wait until Thursday even though Seattle doesn't draft.