Will anyone really be surprised...

Chapow

Reaction score
If the team looks something like this next season?

RF - Dom Canzone
CF - Julio Rodriguez
LF - Dylan Moore / Sam Haggerty

3B - Luis Urias
SS - JP Crawford
2B - Josh Rojas / Jose Caballero
1B - Ty France

C - Cal Raleigh

DH - Mike Ford

I won't be, and at this point I'm kind of expecting it.

But hey, at least we'll probably have pretty damn good starting pitching to enjoy while we're losing games 2-0 and 3-1 all season long.

morgulon1

Reaction score
I am a Mariners fan. Always have been but (here's the but); I don't get too wrapped up in what they do anymore . I watched games for many seasons thinking they could get out of their average /below average purgatory and compete with the big boys.

I was always disappointed in the end.

I think it's ownership . They're a classier less successful version of the Oakland A's . I believe the ownership views their team as an entertainment/ business venture and as long as they have TV revenue, people show up to the ball park
and buy Julio Rodriguez jerseys they're happy.

That's just my uneducated theory.

NoGain

Reaction score
Baseball is the one major sport in America where you can spend an almost limitless amount of money in the hopes of improving your team. And, of course, we are cursed with an ownership group that is unwilling to spend money even when we are but a few players away from being a contending team.

My guess is that JD trades some young pitching talent for an everyday player under team control for awhile, and then adds a couple more middling type players to round out the roster. I suppose it's possible they might add one of the top 6-7 FA's out there, but seeing will be believing.

It's not looking good for next year, and it's not like Texas and Houston are going away, or that even a WC berth is something to hang your hope onto with our current roster.

And just when I was starting to pay closer attention to them the last few years.

NoGain

Reaction score
Boy, looking at the remaining FA list was sobering. The M's don't have too many places to turn to improve the club now. It's probably going to have to be trader Jerry.

OP
OP
Chapow

Chapow

Reaction score
Boy, looking at the remaining FA list was sobering. The M's don't have too many places to turn to improve the club now. It's probably going to have to be trader Jerry.

Unless they somehow aquire several impact bats, this team very well could lose 90 games next season. The starting pitching is in good shape. The bullpen could use a little help, but will be fine, imo. The rest of the roster outside of our starting CF, SS, and Catcher is pretty much a dumpster fire. We could have as many as 5 replacement (or worse) level players in our starting lineup every day. Now imagine that lineup when Cal gets an off day every 5th game, or if JP or Julio misses some time. It's looking awfully bleak right now.

It's going to be hilarious seeing fans blame Servais and coaching all season long again, even though he basically doesn't have a chance with this roster.

acctingman

Reaction score
They aren't winning 54% of their games next season. Not with this shit lineup.

Mariners will be losers until the team is sold.

sutz

Reaction score
I would be surprised if that is our starting lineup. But that's just me. 🤷‍♂️

bileever

Reaction score
Not even the Mariners would trot out that lineup next year. Dom Canzone as part of a platoon, maybe?, but not Dylan Moore, Sam Haggerty, Mike Ford or Luis Urias (at least not at 3B). I think we would all agree that this would not be an acceptable major league lineup. We need major league players in LF, RF, 3B and DH. I would be beyond shocked if the Mariners went with that lineup.

OP
OP
Chapow

Chapow

Reaction score