Connor Cook probably has an NFL future

kearly

Reaction score
I know his season numbers are pretty ordinary, but I liked what I saw from him in the Ohio State game from a talent/tools perspective. Very nice zip on short/intermediate throws, good enough to keep his interceptions down despite a lot of ballsy throws. Was pretty accurate on short stuff. Needs to work out deep throws with receivers better, though he had some big plays in this game. Most importantly, he felt pressure well and used his pocket perfectly. He checked through reads very quickly and with professional snappiness.

Reminded me a little of a Drew Brees or 2013 Nick Foles from a tools/smarts/guts standpoint.

I'm guessing he's not this good on a typical week, but any QB that can zip passes while casually shifting through reads each in under a second is worth paying attention to, IMO. He was a sophomore QB this season.

Thunderhawk

Reaction score
I was going to ask about him. His stats are really pedestrian, game managerish, but he was clutch against a top team playing for a BCS title spot. Takes care of the ball and has good size. Definitely a guy to keep an eye on.

Plus his name is an awesome alliteration.