Is it fair to whine about the refs this time?

5_Golden_Rings

Reaction score
253hawk":r0ecudyw said:
5_Golden_Rings":r0ecudyw said:
I’ll give you a bs call: the unsportsmanlike penalty on Wilson. He wasn’t even
looking at the Seahawks player. Looked like he was just tossing it up thinking a ref was going to catch it.

Intent doesn't matter, he still hit a player in the face with the ball. You want the refs to start assuming intent? Please...
Unsportsmanlike conduct is fundamentally about intent.

253hawk

Reaction score
Doesn't matter, still hit someone in the face with the ball. Just set it on the ground and let the ref pick it up; quit trying to showboat after every single play. He also got close enough to say something, maybe that's what it was for.

BChawkfan

Reaction score
MrThortan":2ee21haw said:
I thought that timely PI on Griffen was complete BS and gave them the first down.

The other PI call on Hill was equally as bad of a call.

5_Golden_Rings

Reaction score
253hawk":qc2jvsrt said:
Doesn't matter, still hit someone in the face with the ball. Just set it on the ground and let the ref pick it up; quit trying to showboat after every single play.
As i said, it looked more like he was trying to toss it to a ref. Gentle underhanded tosses are how players usually give the ball to a ref, and as he wasn’t even looking where the ball was gently tossed, it seems clear the intent was not to taunt.

253hawk":qc2jvsrt said:
He also got close enough to say something, maybe that's what it was for.
Entirely possible and if so it was the right call. But there were really not that many bad penalties. Fewer bad penalties against Seattle this week than there were that went in their favor two weeks ago.

BChawkfan

Reaction score
5_Golden_Rings":1rwn3mq4 said:
Hawk-Lock":1rwn3mq4 said:
I usually don't like to complain about refs, but thought they were awful today. Some of the penalties were on us, but I had issues with:

PI on Shaq Griffin in OT. Let them play.

Personal foul on Coleman when Taylor had just decked Coleman.

Trying to think of the other ones, but seemed like there were a lot.
Taylor was blocking. Coleman’s hit was well after the play and right in front of the official.

Dude...you should change your name to 6 golden rings.
Didnt your team just win another superbowl today.
It's kind of sounds like it the way you're babbling on about everything

scutterhawk

Reaction score
5_Golden_Rings":8aml0l3p said:
Crizilla":8aml0l3p said:
yes I think so actually. Seahawks dominated possession time, but had 14 penalties compares to SF's 8. The NFL wanted to give SF a win finally, just like they want LA Chargers to do well the refs have been on their side all year long. Who cares though we still have 99% chance to make playoffs.
Last game the 49ers were called for 13 penalties for 128 yards, including big ones. The penalties were called because the offensive line was struggling against Thomas of all people and the defensive backs were getting beat by Kittle and Pettis.

I’ll give you a bs call: the unsportsmanlike penalty on Wilson. He wasn’t even looking at the Seahawks player. Looked like he was just tossing it up thinking a ref was going to catch it.

Losing teams blame penalties. Stop holding and there’d be fewer.
Bullshit ^ Wilson Jr is a professional Football player, that toss to the face of a defender was INTENTIONAL, even the inept Referee recognized it for the chickenshit move that it was.

Your sorry assed 49rs O-Line were holding the whole damned game...I'm chalking this game up to Home Field Advantage & shitty Officiating.
I'm now starting to wonder just how many of those FOUR measly games that your whiners won, were legit wins. :pukeface:

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
5_Golden_Rings":2h1uw516 said:
Crizilla":2h1uw516 said:
yes I think so actually. Seahawks dominated possession time, but had 14 penalties compares to SF's 8. The NFL wanted to give SF a win finally, just like they want LA Chargers to do well the refs have been on their side all year long. Who cares though we still have 99% chance to make playoffs.
Last game the 49ers were called for 13 penalties for 128 yards, including big ones. The penalties were called because the offensive line was struggling against Thomas of all people and the defensive backs were getting beat by Kittle and Pettis.

I’ll give you a bs call: the unsportsmanlike penalty on Wilson. He wasn’t even looking at the Seahawks player. Looked like he was just tossing it up thinking a ref was going to catch it.

Losing teams blame penalties. Stop holding and there’d be fewer.
Well the zebras screwed you out of Bosa so there is that! :2thumbs:

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
BChawkfan":1469knyf said:
5_Golden_Rings":1469knyf said:
Hawk-Lock":1469knyf said:
I usually don't like to complain about refs, but thought they were awful today. Some of the penalties were on us, but I had issues with:

PI on Shaq Griffin in OT. Let them play.

Personal foul on Coleman when Taylor had just decked Coleman.

Trying to think of the other ones, but seemed like there were a lot.
Taylor was blocking. Coleman’s hit was well after the play and right in front of the official.

Dude...you should change your name to 6 golden rings.
Didnt your team just win another superbowl today.
It's kind of sounds like it the way you're babbling on about everything
Thread winner right there!

SlickRick

Reaction score
The refs smh .... still trying to stomach this loss. 49ers make me sick just as much as the rams fans

LeaveLynchAlone

Reaction score
Year of The Hawk":ormz36ms said:
Most of the penalties were deserved. Simple. Whine all you want. If we cut our penalties in half that game we win. Refs usual sucky self. One very egregious bad call on the PI on Hill.

It seems you miss the point. You can accuse anyone you want of whining, but I clearly saw what the referees did this game as in other games where they don't call penalties fairly or equally. Enjoy your world where everything is done fairly and I'll enjoy mine where the truth is easier to call out than ignore.

Threedee

Reaction score
The most nauseating moment in NFL history was the excitement when the refs came back instead of the replacements. They are still not any better than than the replacements six years later. At all.

HawaiiD

Reaction score
Nope bad play calling down the stetch

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

knownone

Reaction score
My biggest issue with the refs was their inability to call holding on the 49ers as they were grabbing and mugging Jaran Reed all game. Yet, they called several less egregious holding penalties on us. That level of inconsistency is what bothers me.

I can live with the other fringe 50/50 penalties they called.

OrangeGravy

Reaction score
I'm fine with holding penalties for the most part. Most of the time they are called when there is an advantage at the point of attack, a guy gets beat, or the QB breaks the pocket and a linemen doesn't let go. It's stupid when they start calling them away from the play unless they're egregious. I didn't see every hold called on the Hawks to comment, but you have to play really poorly to have every first down conversion called back on a hold for an entire quarter. Not only that, but if you're playing that poorly upfront, there would be multiple holds on 1st, 2nd down as well. I think it's really easy for refs to zero in on a backup struggling and almost get tunnel vision. At that point you almost need something else crazy to happen to reset the refs focus and get him off the guy's jock

Now, PI is a joke in football anymore. There are a number of PI calls every week on the Defense when the receiver clearly pushes off and the defender has done absolutely nothing. The way they call penalties on defenses makes the game hard to take seriously anymore.

5_Golden_Rings

Reaction score
OrangeGravy":3d5tumig said:
I'm fine with holding penalties for the most part. Most of the time they are called when there is an advantage at the point of attack, a guy gets beat, or the QB breaks the pocket and a linemen doesn't let go. It's stupid when they start calling them away from the play unless they're egregious. I didn't see every hold called on the Hawks to comment, but you have to play really poorly to have every first down conversion called back on a hold for an entire quarter. Not only that, but if you're playing that poorly upfront, there would be multiple holds on 1st, 2nd down as well. I think it's really easy for refs to zero in on a backup struggling and almost get tunnel vision. At that point you almost need something else crazy to happen to reset the refs focus and get him off the guy's jock

Now, PI is a joke in football anymore. There are a number of PI calls every week on the Defense when the receiver clearly pushes off and the defender has done absolutely nothing. The way they call penalties on defenses makes the game hard to take seriously anymore.
This one, however, was not as bad a call as people are claiming (pic found on Griffin's twitter in the replies):

Dumnp WAWo AAn Jc M jpg large

It's the one everyone is saying wasn't PI. I mean, is hooking the WR when the ball is still in the air necessarily legal? At the very best you could claim it was a judgement call, but certainly not a bad call.

Smellyman

Reaction score
5_Golden_Rings":3vvlflbm said:
OrangeGravy":3vvlflbm said:

This one, however, was not as bad a call as people are claiming (pic found on Griffin's twitter in the replies):

It's the one everyone is saying wasn't PI. I mean, is hooking the WR when the ball is still in the air necessarily legal? At the very best you could claim it was a judgement call, but certainly not a bad call.

Arm is allowed to be there as long as it doesn't pull or hold.

Watch in real time. It is there for about 1/1000th of a second and does nothing.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/TheLydiaCruz/status/1074459747623985152[/tweet]

KARAVARUS

Reaction score
Smellyman":2lno6df6 said:
5_Golden_Rings":2lno6df6 said:
OrangeGravy":2lno6df6 said:

Arm is allowed to be there as long as it doesn't pull or hold.

Watch in real time. It is there for about 1/1000th of a second and does nothing.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/TheLydiaCruz/status/1074459747623985152[/tweet]

Why do we argue or care about what this clownshoe says or thinks? If he's happy winning that way, so be it. We need to be talking about how to lock down the playoffs while he continues to watch games that don't matter for anything other than draft position...

mrt144

Reaction score
Every single holding penalty, block in the back, was legit.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
5_Golden_Rings":33pvn8as said:

I agree, but IMO the call should have been the hold earlier in the route, and not the PI.

Refs have to use a little discretion and know the moment in the game. Late in the game, HUGE momentum swing between Mullen almost getting sacked and basically just throwing it up.

So if you're ref and see Griffin tug on the jersey early? Fine, call that, that's only 5 yards and don't call the questionable ticky tack PI that was resulted in 15 yards.

Morelli and his crew are infamous with their late game ticky tack questionable calls. Again, if we're trying to fix some of this, then let's fix the thought process and train the refs to use discretion at key moments of the game, and don't just make it about them, like Morelli is FAMOUS for.