Time to shake it off

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Well, I doubt the players are doing anything but focusing on getting back in the win column. While it's pretty rare under Pete, teams get blown out. It was brutal, it sucked etc. But, it's over with. On to Sunday. Get a W and get that good feeling back.
Not sure how this is SOS, they rarely get blown out. They are still 5-3 and tied for 1st place. Sky is far from falling.

Now if they lose to Washington? Legit panic time

Chawker

Reaction score
I've been playing that song by Pink Fyold from the wall, its called "goodbye cruel world" I'm not sure I'll make it to Sunday, but yah.... A win always helps. I want "Might" though.

P.S. Shaking Spock has helped.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
Every year the Seahawks don't win the Super Bowl is a failure. As a fan, we feel pain, abuse, sadness, anger, and depression when we don't win it. Suicide rates skyrocket.

That's why it's so important to keep the pressure on the coaches and owners to win the Super Bowl every year. Our lives depend on it. Our happiness depends on it. So not winning it is basically abuse.

OneLofaTatupu

Reaction score
Get a W on Sunday and I'm over it. Dwelling on a rare blowout is waste of time. Just MY opinion.
I’ll be happy to move on but I won’t be surprised if SF or Philly do the same thing to us. Sometimes a short memory isn’t always beneficial.

Pollyanna Pete won’t change my mind either.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Nah, I don't see it. If it happens, so be it. I'm not ever going to assume my team gets blown out. It just isn't the m.o. of a PC team.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
It' rare for the Seahawks to get their doors blown off. I would be surprised if it happened again this season.

renofox

Reaction score
It' rare for the Seahawks to get their doors blown off. I would be surprised if it happened again this season.
Q: Would you consider losing by 20+ to one of the SF, DAL, SG, PHI another "doors blown off" game?

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I doubt they lose by 20+ again all season. To each his/her own. I just prefer to move on to next week. Dwelling on an a** kicking is a waste, just my own opinion. It happened, it's over with, they have 9 games left, not even technically halfway thru the season. Not one of us on here is anything but pi**ed off, bummed, confused, frustrated etc. about that game. We all saw it. Rear view time.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Q: Would you consider losing by 20+ to one of the SF, DAL, SG, PHI another "doors blown off" game?

Mmm, not necessarily. It would depend on context. Effort (or lack thereof). If we lose to any of those teams, say, 27-7 but the effort was there, just perhaps some flookie plays/turnovers, bad calls, that's not my definition of "doors blown off". I reserve those games for the ones like we saw against Baltimore where the team looked like they failed to even show up.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Depends.........Depends on the way the refs help each team to keep it close.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Luckily, we're unlikely to play another defense as good as the Ravens or Browns. So we'll see if this is who Geno is or if this is just a rough patch in our season.

Umm, the Cowboys are ranked #3 right now, the 49ers are #10, and the Eagles are #13. While not as good as the Ravens, I still see problems on the horizon.

knownone

Reaction score
Umm, the Cowboys are ranked #3 right now, the 49ers are #10, and the Eagles are #13. While not as good as the Ravens, I still see problems on the horizon.
None of those defenses are in historic territory, where the Browns and Ravens are currently. Both have passing EPAs that grade out in the same region as the prime LOB. So I agree it won't be easy, but I'm not nearly as afraid of those teams.