John Ursua...

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
jlwaters1":8b6r2y97 said:
ImTheScientist":8b6r2y97 said:
Ursua was a wasted pick. I don't get it. Waiver wire fodder imo.

Nothing wasted about it. He would have been a hot commodity as a free agent signee it's totally worth a 7th to get the guy and not risk losing him to another team.

^ this. Those 7th round picks are very often used around the league for teams to lock down priority UDFA prospects that they feel they may lose out on. Those discussions happen in earnest with players/agents or both well before the 7th round even begins.

The reality is, these 7th round guys are all kind of wasted picks. It's not often you get a David Moore and Chris Carson in the 7th round. Of 2017's 7th round guys those are the two of the four best players in that entire round outside of kickers. Usually less than half of the 7th round guys even last 2 years in the league at any level.

Largent80

Reaction score
^ Except that JS and PC have blown those stats elsewhere. They felt he was going to get snagged, he was obviously on their board and they WANTED him. Like I said before, someone had him on their radar and the Hawks caught wind and snagged him.

I'm fully expecting him to pan out.

sutz

Reaction score
I'm still trying to wrap my head around the concept of "wasting" a 7th round pick. :?:

I mean, how many 7th rounders actually make teams in the NFL?

:stirthepot:

Largent80

Reaction score
sutz":wy5krl9b said:
I'm still trying to wrap my head around the concept of "wasting" a 7th round pick. :?:

The Hawks have shown the way for players that never even got drafted. So even though it is the last round, what should be any difference?....It's your scouts, and teams of evaluators that make these calls.

sutz

Reaction score
Largent80":23w04uc1 said:
sutz":23w04uc1 said:

The Hawks have shown the way for players that never even got drafted. So even though it is the last round, what should be any difference?....It's your scouts, and teams of evaluators that make these calls.
I absolutely know that the Seahawks have mined some gems from late rounds and UDFAs, but the flip side of that is that the risk/reward ratio is pretty favorable. Like you say, they scouted the guy and thought it was worth it to guarantee that they got him instead of bidding for him as a UDFA. I have no problem with that. I'm just wondering how anyone can declare it a "wasted" pick, when even if he doesn't make it, you haven't blown much to bring him in.

Hell, I like Ursua. I think he could be the ultimate sleeper pick. Incidentally, using a 6th (IIRC) from next season-which is what they traded away-is probably less of a value cost than the 7th this year. :229031_shrug:

OP
OP
xray

xray

Reaction score
Uncle Si":18r7z68b said:
xray":18r7z68b said:
Jazzhawk":18r7z68b said:
Wow... so much insight.
And yours is what ?

You started the thread...

Why do you like Ursua?
After watching his highlights 4 or 5 times ; he seemed like he was playing at a higher level than those around him . As it turned out he is 25 years old and is obviously playing at more mature level . I think that he looks like the best candidate to help replace Baldwin. He is undersized ; and not the fastest guy ; but he plays with a confident swagger along with chip on his shoulder attitude. He also glides through all the routes effortlessly . I think he is ready for the pros . I hope the Hawks find a place for him.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
No doubt. And I trust their opinion about a player coming out of the draft a lot more than the fans who think they actually know more than Pete and John. Nope

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
Largent80":23evcmdu said:
So?...he makes or not...What's the big deal??...not much risk for Seattle.

This thread reminds me of the Alex McGough is the next Tom Brady thread from last year..... :lol:

When you look at Ursua he is not athletic, small, and had problems with drops. The only thing that is giving people on this forum confidence in him or even has them knowing he exists is the Seahawks drafted him. Lockett, Metcalf, Brown, Moore, Jennings, Wright, and Jazz are all better than him and they won't even keep 7 WRs.

OP
OP
xray

xray

Reaction score
ImTheScientist":23s43txi said:
Largent80":23s43txi said:

This thread reminds me of the Alex McGough is the next Tom Brady thread from last year..... :lol:

When you look at Ursua he is not athletic, small, and had problems with drops. The only thing that is giving people on this forum confidence in him or even has them knowing he exists is the Seahawks drafted him. Lockett, Metcalf, Brown, Moore, Jennings, Wright, and Jazz are all better than him and they won't even keep 7 WRs.
John Ursua...76 REC...1,083 YDS....108.3 YPG...14 TDS...2018 season. You're right Ursua is awful . LOL

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
xray":3dlkfr7y said:
ImTheScientist":3dlkfr7y said:
Largent80":3dlkfr7y said:

John Ursua...76 REC...1,083 YDS....108.3 YPG...14 TDS...2018 season. You're right Ursua is awful . LOL

He had 152 targets. Have you checked his drop rate? No....you didn't even get his 2018 season stats right.

OP
OP
xray

xray

Reaction score
ImTheScientist":22x5itpj said:
xray":22x5itpj said:
ImTheScientist":22x5itpj said:
Largent80":22x5itpj said:

He had 152 targets. Have you checked his drop rate? No....you didn't even get his 2018 season stats right.
You're right...he had 16 TDS not 14 ...my bad.

OP
OP
xray

xray

Reaction score
Largent80":2omgavqf said:
He stunk, that's why the Hawks drafted him.
he might beat out Jennings as it stands right now...IMO Ursua can help win football games. IMO..GO HAWKS !

Uncle Si

Reaction score
xray":m9ng5ljd said:
Uncle Si":m9ng5ljd said:
xray":m9ng5ljd said:
Jazzhawk":m9ng5ljd said:
Wow... so much insight.
And yours is what ?

You started the thread...

Why do you like Ursua?
After watching his highlights 4 or 5 times ; he seemed like he was playing at a higher level than those around him . As it turned out he is 25 years old and is obviously playing at more mature level . I think that he looks like the best candidate to help replace Baldwin. He is undersized ; and not the fastest guy ; but he plays with a confident swagger along with chip on his shoulder attitude. He also glides through all the routes effortlessly . I think he is ready for the pros . I hope the Hawks find a place for him.

This is good stuff...

Haven't seen him play.

Latest posts