Title Belt Game

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
I don't understand what this means. Do NFL teams have names for match-ups now? Like the civil war, apple cup,egg bowl, iron bowl. If true,,, really,,,title belt game? What does that even refer to

randomation

Reaction score
It's the unofficial world champion thing starcraft does something similar as does league, and I believe chess. Basically whoever beat the unofficial champ latest becomes the champ, interesting fact seattle actually took the title from san fran not from denver. Also since the chargers missed the playoffs in '11 they actually retained the belt without winning the super bowl since they beat the reigning holder the raiders in the final week.

Cartire

Reaction score
Ive seen this before, I didnt even realize we had taken it at the end of last year, pretty cool.

For those that dont know, awhile back, someone did whats called the Title Belt. The very first superbowl winner, (green bay) was awarded the meaningless, and non-existant "Title Belt". Then, it began. When they lost, they gave it up to the team that beat them, and so on. Its kinda of a cool little thing, but completely meaningless.

Blitzhawk

Reaction score
YES!!! Now you can see just how truly important this game is.

A

Anonymous

From the bottom of that page:

About the NFL Title Belt

The NFL Title Belt was inspired by a thread on Reddit.

Via Raktoner:

When the Green Bay Packers won Super Bowl I, they started the belt. The next team they lost to in the '67 season took the belt from them, and the next team that team lost to took it, and so on. The belt was not lost during ties, and if the team failed to make the playoffs but won their last few games since getting the belt, they keep the belt going in to next year.
•The Title Belt has been active for 934 weeks. Every team has held the Title Belt at some point during their existence.
•The Title Belt is active any week where an NFL game is played, regardless if the current Title Belt holder plays. This means the current Title Belt holder can keep the Title Belt on a bye week, or during a playoff week when they are not playing or did not qualify. Bye weeks and weeks where the Title Belt holder is not qualified to play are indicated by a faded logo.
•The Title Belt is inactive any week where no NFL game is played. This means during the offseason or during a strike.
•Title Belt statistics stay with a franchise, regardless of location. Please note:
•The Arizona Cardinals were the St. Louis Cardinals prior to the 1988 season.
•The Cleveland Browns and Baltimore Ravens are not the same franchise. The Cleveland Browns were active from 1967 - 1995, and again from 1999 - present. The Baltimore Ravens began play in 1996.
•The Indianapolis Colts were the Baltimore Colts prior to the 1984 season.
•The Oakland Raiders were the Los Angeles Raiders from 1982 - 1994.
•The St. Louis Rams were the Los Angeles Rams prior to the 1995 season.
•The Tennessee Titans were the Houston Oilers prior to the 1997 season.

Foghawk

Reaction score
Make it hap'n cap'n :mrgreen:

seattlegm.jpg

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
The more I think about this the cooler I think it is. I kind of wish it was really a thing.