Looks like Smith will play this week

kidhawk

Reaction score
Just listening to Dan Quinn's presser today and he said that Wright will be in the middle and Pierre-Lewis and Smith will share time in Wright's spot.

Getting Malcolm back is a little boost, but I'm glad that they will still be getting KPL some quality playing time. He's a really good (but raw) LB

OP
OP
kidhawk

kidhawk

Reaction score
Another piece of information of interest is that Tukuafu will play some End in our base packages. Sounds like it won't be a lot but they plan to have him out there some.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
KPL is gonna be a major stud in 2-3 years IMO. Not surprised he's still gonna get some pt. Interesting about Will playing a little D.

OP
OP
kidhawk

kidhawk

Reaction score
Seahwkgal":1e8jzzq0 said:
Is Coyle hurt or just back on the bench?

Pete said Monday he played through an injury against the Giants and he's on the practice report with a glute injury.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Smith is honestly just a guy. Has a lot of plays come his way by merit of his position and the rest of the defense forcing things, and he makes the most of them. But I don't see him as irreplaceable, and honestly I've really been impressed by KPL.

Not that Wagner's injury leaves us the luxury of choosing right now.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
The defense got better when Smith left the game. It's pretty painful to watch him square up run gaps. Good cover backer tho.

Ozzy

Reaction score
I hope KPL doesn't lose snaps because of the additions. I think he can be a difference maker and the more he is out there the sooner it comes. Smith has been so so for me this year.

Largent80

Reaction score
Liking what I gave seen from KPL and frankly would rather him get the majority of snaps. Smith is likely gone after this year.

jdemps

Reaction score
SF bay area, shaping young minds with a tinge of H
Largent80":19yw7cmb said:
Liking what I gave seen from KPL and frankly would rather him get the majority of snaps. Smith is likely gone after this year.

I second this sentiment.

I think KPL was drafted to be Smith's replacement and is actually better. Unless Smith comes back SUUUUUPER cheap, like vet min cheap, the writing looks to be on the wall.

Hawks46

Reaction score
So do we have Irvin as a LEO now, or is he still splitting reps at outside backer ?

I thought he looked better and more comfortable this year than last year, and if he keeps improving he's going to be damned good.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Smith needs to play, cause KPL is taking his job right now.

edogg23

Reaction score
I would give KPL the start over Smith. He has been playing great. That reminds me last week I said I wished the Hawks would send him on some blitzes. Well they did send him on one play I can remember and he got home on Eli right away forcing him to throw it away to avoid a sack.
Also I don't know if anyone caught his interview on KJR but he is definitely a well spoken guy. Seems really smart, I wouldn't be surprised that he is learning so fast.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
kidhawk":34cqmob5 said:
Seahwkgal":34cqmob5 said:
Is Coyle hurt or just back on the bench?

Pete said Monday he played through an injury against the Giants and he's on the practice report with a glute injury.

You could say that Brock had a butt hurt or pain in the arse... :)

AgentDib

Reaction score
We need KJ to be great tomorrow.

I agree that KPL looks better than Smith in the long run, but it is easy to undervalue guys like Smith who make plays when they are there. They may seem easy but there are tons of guys in this league who don't make them and dropping a catchable INT is just as bad as committing a turnover of your own.

sturg78

Reaction score
Smith is an opportunist and we need that right now. Int have bounced off of dB's hands and fumbles aren't getting pounced on. Smith is the Shaun Alexander of lbs... Drip drip pour.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
Irvin is starting SAMback and is also getting snaps in the LEO rotation.

I think the Seahawks love Kevin Pierre-Louis but right now they love him as one of the Nickel-set Linebackers... Dude, has been killin' it in Nickel defense, so why change a good thing?

CANHawk

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":9p2dw0od said:
Smith is honestly just a guy. Has a lot of plays come his way by merit of his position and the rest of the defense forcing things, and he makes the most of them. But I don't see him as irreplaceable, and honestly I've really been impressed by KPL.

I don't totally disagree, but I think Smith is a pretty damn smart LB. How else do you explain constantly being in the right place at the right time..? He might not be the best athlete out there, but he seems to have a real nose for the game..

scutterhawk

Reaction score
CANHawk":2zkwn6ex said:
MontanaHawk05":2zkwn6ex said:

I don't totally disagree, but I think Smith is a pretty damn smart LB. How else do you explain constantly being in the right place at the right time..? He might not be the best athlete out there, but he seems to have a real nose for the game..
I have to agree here.
I'm a huge KPL fan, and with all that speed, seeing good things to come as he gets more and more PT, but, apparently the Coaches have seen something in Smith that they really like also, and that's good enough for me.

capncrunch

Reaction score
scutterhawk":2gxafe46 said:
CANHawk":2gxafe46 said:
MontanaHawk05":2gxafe46 said:

I have to agree here.
I'm a huge KPL fan, and with all that speed, seeing good things to come as he gets more and more PT, but, apparently the Coaches have seen something in Smith that they really like also, and that's good enough for me.

The last sentence here. Yes. Ditto that!

Latest posts