It's ok to admit Lynch isn't happy.

SonicHawk

Reaction score
Can we just agree it's ok that he can or could be unhappy?

When Lynch gets onto the field, between the lines, he has never shown a SECOND where he isn't giving absolutely everything.

This team has under-achieved significantly this year. Whether it was due to injuries, lack of depth, lack and loss of talent or simply the ball not rolling our way they are 6-4 with a tough remaining 6 games.

You want fighters right? You want them to be upset when they lose right? This organization DEMANDS success and when it doesn't come they don't fold, they get angry. When they lose again, they get ANGRIER.

When a player becomes selfish and angry because of his lack of success, he gets booted [Percy].

We unfortunately aren't going to win every Super Bowl. But I love an organization that is PISSED at 6-4.

OP
OP
SonicHawk

SonicHawk

Reaction score
I have gained an incredible amount of respect for Lynch on-field this year. This guy lets nothing get to him when he has the ball.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
so overblown.

This whole lynch thing.

Make it staaaaaahp.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
What I am amazed at is why people would even be shocked he COULD be unhappy.

Lynch is without exception the most important player on the team. Even the defense depends on him.

He also takes a severe amount of punishment each game. Maybe the FB eclipses it, but clearly he accepts a beating as part of the cost of moving the chains.

For all of that, he got to hear an endless stream of how he was going to need to be replaced. He clearly thought his contract would not be renewed at the end of this year, and I think that was the reason for the holdout. He was seeking some assurance that for all he won for this team, their plans for the future included him.

That never came. Instead the whole preseason became about how this was now going to be won not by the defense but by the new found air attack because of the improved Wilson (remember when everyone foolishly thought we were flush at WR? Just like last year? Oops). Turns out not only was the team not able to focus on other options, the defense was worse (because they sh*t canned Red and Clemons earlier, and cut Browner) so the team depended on Lynch EVEN MORE.

But that was after all the posturing and harumphing about how Lynch shouldn't be asking for a raise or holding out. Lynch GOT us to the playoffs ON HIS BACK. He was rewarded by seeing everyone annoint Wilson as the new savior. You could hear the bile in Mike Rob's description of this perception, and who does Mike Rob know well? Lynch.

I don't know. Wilson seems like a good guy. Baldwin thinks he is fake. Mike Rob clearly thinks he gets more credit than Lynch does (and he is right). I don't know the guy. He is a fantastic QB, but Lynch is getting frozen out after all he sacrificed for the team. He isn't stupid. He knows it and clearly other players do too.

How do you fix that? I don't know. But gyrations people go through to pretend it isn't a problem smacks of whistling past the graveyard. The only way I know of that fixes things like this is the veterans get everyone on point and get the team even keeled again. We cut most of those veterans.

This entire disaster seems like it stems from bad management decisions where people in charge just assumed everyone would toe the line because that is what is wanted. That doesn't work in most instances, and I am surprised that successful coaches thought it would work in this one.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
You just got me thinking how much better lynch ran when MRobb came back to our team last year. Coleman looked ok till he got hurt but I think Robinson and Marshawn worked so well together. I think we are 8-2 this year if we have, Michael at FB, something similar to our D line last year and bobby at MLB.

Actually probably 8-2 with the latter 2. Ummmm, might even be 7-3 with just Wagner back. Shit don't even know what to think anymore. Dammit!! Just beat the F'N Cardinals this week!

Rob12

Reaction score
The first person who knows Lynch personally, please raise your hand. We'd like to hear from you.

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
Marshawn Lynch is the best thing that ever happened to this franchise, beside Paul Allen of course, and he deserves to be taken care of. If he's not being taken care of then he deserves to be unhappy.

OP
OP
SonicHawk

SonicHawk

Reaction score
Rob12":j0puf333 said:
The first person who knows Lynch personally, please raise your hand. We'd like to hear from you.

Considering none of us play for the Seahawks, are members of the organization, or are anything more than fans -- why are we even on this forum?

Come on, man.

My post had nothing to do with speculation or suggesting I know anything more than what I can watch on TV.

lobohawk

Reaction score
To theorize why Lynch might be unhappy or how much is silly from the outside. It means we have to grasp at straws.

If he's bitter at the attention Russell gets, he needs to get over it. The NFL overemphasizes QBs all the time. They ask to talk to Russell and he doesn't have a problem talking to them. He always praises his teammates and tries to do the right thing. He doesn't sit on his butt waiting for adulation. For someone who doesn't like the Press, Lynch seems to be affected by what they say quite a bit. They jump all over Russell and for some reason it's Russell's fault. He hears "rumors" from the press and acts like they are real. This is the part that I get tired of (ignoring the press, yet seemingly fixated on them and oblivious to how his actions can be interpreted).

The Hawks let Lynch be himself more than probably any team would and yet they are the bad guys? Russell works hard to do his job and be a good rep for the Hawks and he's to blame? Let me know when Russell whines about his teammates or take credit away from them (not saying Lynch does).

Lynch leaves it all on the field and I could care less if he interacts with the press, but for him to ignore the perception he creates by his actions is narrow-minded.

Oh, and if we talk about getting paid for what you do....Wilson does his job while being paid peanuts compared to most of his teammates.

byau

Reaction score
You know what Lynch does?

He stays on the field when asked
He does his best
He plays for his team

Have you heard of some of the shenanigans going on with other guys? Leaving the game early? Going on twitter to criticize the playcalling (instead of directly to your coach?). These guys were summarily let go the next day.

The funny thing is, everyone seems to agree with these player releases. And it's not too hard when it's a mediocre or 2nd string player

Love to see a team brave enough to do that with a 1st string playmaker

oh wait..the Seahawks did that already (if it's true Harvin refused to go back in the game when asked to)

Yes, thread hijack to say I still believe all decisions made with Percy Harvin were correct at the time. Keeping him. And getting rid of him.

Bringing it back to Lynch, he is ALL about that action boss. Whether he's upset or not or not happy or whatever, on the field he still brings his game.

tom sawyer

Reaction score
I've been stopping at every gas station in the greater Seattle area and dropping my wallet and still no sign of Lynch, but I'm sure when i do eventually run into him (ouch) he will be happy.

So there, if he ain't happy now... he will be soon!!

byau

Reaction score
tom sawyer":2j3u4dqm said:
I've been stopping at every gas station in the greater Seattle area and dropping my wallet and still no sign of Lynch, but I'm sure when i do eventually run into him (ouch) he will be happy.

So there, if he ain't happy now... he will be soon!!

Thems a lot of wallets.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":3pmkcpam said:
And how do you know he's unhappy? If the media says it, it must be true :roll:

Riiiight!!!

Great comment.

The media can smooch my butt, their self righteous belief that they need to know and it is everyone's duty to talk to them is tedious and hard to deal with.

Clayton is a little weasel for being happy Lynch got fined. It's hard to have much respect for someone being happy about the misery of another. What a jerk!

StoneCold

Reaction score
I just finished reading Silver's article and you have to read into what Lynch says after the KC game to come up with "He's upset". I don't buy it.

SC

StoneCold

Reaction score
jammerhawk":yupno4ea said:
SoulfishHawk":yupno4ea said:
And how do you know he's unhappy? If the media says it, it must be true :roll:

Riiiight!!!

Great comment.

The media can smooch my butt, their self righteous belief that they need to know and it is everyone's duty to talk to them is tedious and hard to deal with.

Clayton is a little weasel for being happy Lynch got fined. It's hard to have much respect for someone being happy about the misery of another. What a jerk!

Clayton is a poopy pants. My god, the way he talks to his Mom?

Truly, more crap comes out of that guys mouth than actual useful information. If you kept a score card about his predictions, both games and player moves, he'd score very low. Total blow hard if you ask me.

SC

Rob12

Reaction score
SonicHawk":1m1qswrk said:
Rob12":1m1qswrk said:

Considering none of us play for the Seahawks, are members of the organization, or are anything more than fans -- why are we even on this forum?

Come on, man.

My post had nothing to do with speculation or suggesting I know anything more than what I can watch on TV.

Fair enough, Sonic.