We are going to win this weekend.

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
I like the increasing amount of confidence I see around here I guess, but I think that we would be far better off being extremely condescending and dismissive of Arizona. We're going to win the game after all, so why not just completely piss them off in the process by showing them as much disrespect as possible since respect is the thing that their fans want more than anything right now?

I really hate that everyone hasn't spent the week just arrogantly hand-waving this team away. They're nothing, and the only question is whether we beat SF on Thanksgiving.

(None of the above is sarcasm.)

marko358

Reaction score
MidwestHawker":2w4g47rh said:
I like the increasing amount of confidence I see around here I guess, but I think that we would be far better off being extremely condescending and dismissive of Arizona. We're going to win the game after all, so why not just completely piss them off in the process by showing them as much disrespect as possible since respect is the thing that their fans want more than anything right now?

I really hate that everyone hasn't spent the week just arrogantly hand-waving this team away. They're nothing, and the only question is whether we beat SF on Thanksgiving.

How does what people type up in this forum effect actual games?

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
marko358":bh0xhy8t said:
How does what people type up in this forum effect actual games?

Umm it definitely doesn't.

In case I was being unclear, the goal was to piss off Arizona fans as much as possible. They've got our "we don't get any respect" complex, and I feel that it is our duty to respond with "HAHAHAHA no you don't."

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
For years, one thing has never failed with this site. People come and go, but what remains a constant after a loss...

Assuming the game was on a Sunday:

Sunday: Shit storm. Not for the weak of heart, but certainly for those who like to say things they don't mean in the heat of the moment.

Monday: 90% percent are either still mad or depressed. Not a whole lot of productive posts in general.

Tuesday: The mad and depressed are down to about 60%. The posts from the other 40% who are clear headed, offer posts filled with reason. The 60% crowd tells the 40% crowd that they can keep living in fantasy land if it helps them.

Wednesday: Real progress is made. Now the board is split 50/50. The general tone of the board feels much better and it's much easier to read and post.

Thursday: 80% now actually feel okay with the loss. There's been enough time that has gone by to allow the sting of the loss to subside. Now they can focus on ways to beat this weekend's opponent. The 20% group still thinks everybody else needs to remove the blue-colored glasses.

Friday: Ah, yes. 95% are not only okay with last week's loss, but that we're GOING TO WIN this weekend and here's why. The 5% group chooses to keep their beliefs "based in reality".

Chawks1

Reaction score
I'm in! I still stand by this post from a couple weeks ago:

Week 10 Home vs Giants - W (anyone see how they played last year vs. Giants?)
Week 11 Road vs KC Chiefs - L (Veeeerrry tough place to play, remember when we were AFC west foes?)
Week 12 Home vs Cards - W (revenge from last years home defeat)
Week 13 Road vs Niners - W (niners are self-destructing this year, they are n a givng mood. Thanksgiving night fiesta!)
Week 14 Road vs Eagles - W (Sanchez at QB, enuf said!)
Week 15 Home vs Niners - W (complete the sweep!!!)
Week 16 Road vs Cards - L (split the series, hopefully doesn't decide the division)
Week 17 Home vs Rams - W (we beat them cuz their special teams fumbles the game away!!!)

Finish season at 11-5.

dunceface

Reaction score
Aros":3997p1ak said:
For years, one thing has never failed with this site. People come and go, but what remains a constant after a loss...

Assuming the game was on a Sunday:

Sunday: Shit storm. Not for the weak of heart, but certainly for those who like to say things they don't mean in the heat of the moment.

Monday: 90% percent are either still mad or depressed. Not a whole lot of productive posts in general.

Tuesday: The mad and depressed are down to about 60%. The posts from the other 40% who are clear headed, offer posts filled with reason. The 60% crowd tells the 40% crowd that they can keep living in fantasy land if it helps them.

Wednesday: Real progress is made. Now the board is split 50/50. The general tone of the board feels much better and it's much easier to read and post.

Thursday: 80% now actually feel okay with the loss. There's been enough time that has gone by to allow the sting of the loss to subside. Now they can focus on ways to beat this weekend's opponent. The 20% group still thinks everybody else needs to remove the blue-colored glasses.

Friday: Ah, yes. 95% are not only okay with last week's loss, but that we're GOING TO WIN this weekend and here's why. The 5% group chooses to keep their beliefs "based in reality".

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

POST OF THE DECADE.

seahawksny

Reaction score
MidwestHawker":r1aooz6q said:

It's quite astounding that people are writing off this cardinal team. They have bucked what I think is a fallacious trend of "its a qb driven league" as they are winning with a great d, and a backup qb.

people were lynching me after the raider game when I told people that we could lose this game. Didn't we lose to them last year at home? Quickly people forget.

I'm sorry people, u can blame bevell all u want, and how u are not impressed with richardson, which is another asinine assessment considering Wilson is on his fourth center and has lost his tight end for the year, but when our hawks have their work cut out for tomorrow, maybe a 9-2 or hopefully not a 10-1 arizona team might be taken seriously.

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
seahawksny":2r9q402a said:
It's quite astounding that people are writing off this cardinal team. They have bucked what I think is a fallacious trend of "its a qb driven league" as they are winning with a great d, and a backup qb.

people were lynching me after the raider game when I told people that we could lose this game. Didn't we lose to them last year at home? Quickly people forget.

I'm sorry people, u can blame bevell all u want, and how u are not impressed with richardson, which is another asinine assessment considering Wilson is on his fourth center and has lost his tight end for the year, but when our hawks have their work cut out for tomorrow, maybe a 9-2 or hopefully not a 10-1 arizona team might be taken seriously.

You seem to be confused; it's actually the case that too many people are refusing to write off this Cardinal team. That's the actual problem here.

Just remember: when we win by double digits today, the correct reaction is not to be super excited but to nod smugly and then to shrug and eat a Hot Pocket. That's all that handling this opposition is worth.