Lynch taunting penalty

twisted_steel2

Reaction score
Does anyone have any more details on this?

Been trying to find any additional information online about the penalty. It looked like he got some 'extra' physical treatment by at least 4 or 5 Niners on the sideline, he justifiably got angry, words were exchanged, then the penalty.

When's the last time you've seen a running back get gang tackled, and then he gets called for the taunting penalty afterwards? Seems strange to me. But I wasn't able to rewatch the play.

Can someone fill me in here, or have a link to more info?

-The Glove-

Reaction score
Funny how Lynch got the call when Culliver kept getting into Lynch's face...also no call on Gore's barking at ET when he was walking away. Wonder why the old man was so angry

Rainger

Reaction score
twisted_steel2":3ticgbbm said:
Does anyone have any more details on this?

Been trying to find any additional information online about the penalty. It looked like he got some 'extra' physical treatment by at least 4 or 5 Niners on the sideline, he justifiably got angry, words were exchanged, then the penalty.

When's the last time you've seen a running back get gang tackled, and then he gets called for the taunting penalty afterwards? Seems strange to me. But I wasn't able to rewatch the play.

Can someone fill me in here, or have a link to more info?
Just another call to take back a big gain that put us in scoring range. Happens every game. Like the offsetting personal fouls to take away that big gain into scoring range.

PlinytheCenter

Reaction score
I feel the same as the OP. I've re-watched the game a couple of times and the broadcast didn't really show anything to clarify what happened, but you've gotta think there was a sucker-punch or an ankle-twist going on in the pile.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
-The Glove-":2p0lus6m said:
Funny how Lynch got the call when Culliver kept getting into Lynch's face...also no call on Gore's barking at ET when he was walking away. Wonder why the old man was so angry
Because he thought Earl was trying to twist his leg.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
-The Glove-":1l1w56mb said:
Earl dirty? Never
Scottemojo":1l1w56mb said:
-The Glove-":1l1w56mb said:
Because he thought Earl was trying to twist his leg.

evergreen

Reaction score
That shows how lame the national broadcast company is. That was a huge penalty that counter intuitive to what we watched. Are they encouraged to not criticize refs. Collinsworth was quick to point out how we got away with our long snapper being downfield early on the near blocked punt like he was coming to the rescue of the refs. That play should've been replayed so we could see if the call is justified. Otherwise legitimacy is questioned. That was the thing about last year, we were too good for the refs to interfere with the outcome except with the blown call at the end of the Az game.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
The call against Lynch for unsportsmanlike conduct was yet another try to keep the game close type call. It was BS and if it was legit should have involved an offsetting call against Culliver as he continued roughing up Lynch well after the play was over and Lynch was out of bounds. Over and over this season our players are being hit, shoved, and roughed up after the play is over w/o anything being called.

The 5:1 penalty ratio in the 9ers game against the Hawks was pure crappola. It resulted in SF getting their only points in the game and accounted for 100 yds of field position lost, that doesn't include good plays called back and opportunities lost. They give up 100 yds in penalties but no TDs. I get the Hawks play hard nosed physical ball but this penalty differential is smelly and stinks of a deliberate attempt to manipulate the results or at least a double standard in refereeing where our guys are always on the short end.

It would be nice to see fewer penalties. The fact the team has been able to overcome this inequity points to how much stronger they play than their opponents and if the calls equal out the team will markedly improve statistically, not that they are are doing that bad now. That said I don't want to see them change their aggressive play to stop them from smacking the other team in the mouth every play.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
jammerhawk":2mpjp84q said:
The call against Lynch for unsportsmanlike conduct was yet another try to keep the game close type call. It was BS and if it was legit should have involved an offsetting call against Culliver as he continued roughing up Lynch well after the play was over and Lynch was out of bounds. Over and over this season our players are being hit, shoved, and roughed up after the play is over w/o anything being called.

The 5:1 penalty ratio in the 9ers game against the Hawks was pure crappola. It resulted in SF getting their only points in the game and accounted for 100 yds of field position lost, that doesn't include good plays called back and opportunities lost. They give up 100 yds in penalties but no TDs. I get the Hawks play hard nosed physical ball but this penalty differential is smelly and stinks of a deliberate attempt to manipulate the results or at least a double standard in refereeing where our guys are always on the short end.

It would be nice to see fewer penalties. The fact the team has been able to overcome this inequity points to how much stronger they play than their opponents and if the calls equal out the team will markedly improve statistically, not that they are are doing that bad now. That said I don't want to see them change their aggressive play to stop them from smacking the other team in the mouth every play.
Just call it like it is Jammerhawk, it was ANOTHER bullshit call.
The Referees haven't an ounce of shame, and they lack any of credibility, but they are just doing what they are being told to do by their bosses.
Actually, the first word that comes to mind with these jokers, is " BOUGHT".
It's getting harder and harder for those ass-holes to openly disrespect the Seahawks Defense, especially now with the whole World watching.

mistaowen

Reaction score
I've watched most primetime games this season and it is a recurring theme to keep the game close by refs throwing flags on big plays during blowouts. Our Seahawks have gotten the long end of the stick constantly this year. It isn't even a subtle thing anymore. 49ers are an aggressive team expecting a decent amount of penalties a game, and we had more penalty yards than Kaep had passing.

Latest posts