Wilson vs Kaepernick and other tall QB Height Comparison

theincrediblesok

Reaction score
Let's get a discussion going, for me I don't see the height issue. Others are still in the questionable range and some do think there is a height issue to Wilson. Wilson is 5'11 (barely) and Kaepernick is 6'4, during this whole season both were under a microscope from their fans about their performances. The same issues we made about Wilson's slumping due to the O-line, playcalling, and WR separation, etc were also discussed for Colin at their website.

As we all know what happen in that Thanksgiving game. Colin's worst game has come against Seattle, we are his kryptonite. In this game I've seen him miss many open guys, overthrowing his WR which cost him an INT by Sherman, and being very inaccurate on his throws. The thing he did well is getting out of the pocket and throwing to the sidelines just like Wilson. For being a tall QB shouldn't he be stepping into the pocket and getting rid of the ball quickly as some have mentioned that Wilson should do. Even the pass to the middle, his guys were getting hit after hit every time. I'm wondering if that's why we don't pass to the middle as much, due to the chance of a guy getting hit and fumbling the ball.

Wilson scrambles some were saying he's not seeing his guys when Aaron Rodgers scrambles to get open and he's deemed a god after completing a pass. We don't have playmakers like Rodgers does. Flynn did what he did with the guys we had in our system but didn't show enough spark, he goes back to Greenbay and gets them to the playoff.

When Andrew Luck's passes were batted down 3 times in a game, it was a good play by JJ Watt, when Wilson's get batted, it's his height.

It's almost like making an excuse for Wilson's height when he won't even make that excuse for himself.

ManBunts

Reaction score
Let's not get a discussion going, because this topic is 3 seasons old. He owns rookie QB records, he owns second year records, he owns a Super Bowl ring. The man is more successful than 3/4 of the QBs in the NFL right now. Sorry, not to try and squash the topic, but people that still bring it up as a negative against him are baseless haters who won't be convinced by any rational comparison, and you can't have a discussion with that.

And JJ Watt is 6'-5", 300 lbs of tackling (and TD catching now apparently) monstrosity. EVERYONE is too short, and too slow, when they face a guy like him.

sc85sis

Reaction score
There are going to be times when Russ can't see open guys because someone taller is blocking his view. Every QB experiences this, but it is possible it's slightly more of an issue for Russell. That's reality.

It's also reality that he's generally been really good at scrambling to find the open lanes he needs. And as he gains experience (and hopefully our WRs improve), he'll be able to move within the pocket more and not have to break his scrambles outside as much.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
sc85sis said:
There are going to be times when Russ can't see open guys because someone taller is blocking his view. Every QB experiences this, but it is possible it's slightly more of an issue for Russell. That's reality./quote]

Agreed. I think it's slightly silly to say that his height doesn't affect his game at all. He's not a Pro Bowler because it doesn't matter; he's a Pro Bowler because he makes up for it with his legs and his awareness with scrambling.

Jacknut16

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":3hnygpze said:
sc85sis":3hnygpze said:
There are going to be times when Russ can't see open guys because someone taller is blocking his view. Every QB experiences this, but it is possible it's slightly more of an issue for Russell. That's reality./quote]

Agreed. I think it's slightly silly to say that his height doesn't affect his game at all. He's not a Pro Bowler because it doesn't matter; he's a Pro Bowler because he makes up for it with his legs and his awareness with scrambling.

Sums it up, thread over.