Should I Worry?

HawkStar3

Reaction score
Quick question for the board. Should I be worried? I'm in Philly this week and my boss gave me two great seats to the game. When people learned I was going to the game they felt it necessary to warn me not to wear Hawks gear. I won't be an idiot. I won't be drinking. They don't seem to think that matters and I'll end up on YouTube... beat up.

What do you all think? Do I rock the Wilson jersey? Anybody been to Lincoln Financial?

Go Hawks!!!!!!

Hawknballs

Reaction score
people tend to over-exaggerate. As long as you're not doing a lot of walking through alleys on the way to the game and you're not by yourself I'd imagine you're pretty safe. People rarely get murdered at games. Worst case scenario you take a punch, and you take that punch like a true 12. I'm sure there will be other fans there. Plus I don't think there's a huge amount of hatred between eagles fans and seahawks fans.

Although, if you do take a punch, be sure and say "HAH! That would have hurt more if you guys had any rings to wear"

jkitsune

Reaction score
HawkStar3":ae2exoms said:
Quick question for the board. Should I be worried? I'm in Philly this week and my boss gave me two great seats to the game. When people learned I was going to the game they felt it necessary to warn me not too wear Hawks gear. I won't be an idiot. I won't be drinking. They don't seem to think that matters and I'll end up on YouTube... beat up.

What do you all think? Do I rock the Wilson jersey? Anybody been to Lincoln Financial?

Go Hawks!!!!!!

Going to an away game at a field with notorious fans is always a bit of a gamble. The odds that you will actually be significantly harassed are pretty low, and there aren't any stories that read "Area Man Attends Football Game Without Dying." I definitely made a "business decision" NOT to attend the Hawks/Niners on Thanksgiving, but plenty of fans did go and were fine.

The scary part is that there's nothing you can do to guarantee you won't get attacked. It probably won't happen, but being respectful is no guarantee that you'll be OK. And one punch can kill or seriously brain damage you.

Final verdict: If you're dying to go, go. The actual likelihood that you'll be in an altercation is low, so if that risk is worth it to you, game on.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
I'd go but without Hawks gear on. Philly fans are notorious for being drunken assholes so I wouldn't give them any fuel.
Yeah I know, that's pussy.

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
HawkStar3":1x4njp6s said:
Quick question for the board. Should I be worried? I'm in Philly this week and my boss gave me two great seats to the game. When people learned I was going to the game they felt it necessary to warn me not too wear Hawks gear. I won't be an idiot. I won't be drinking. They don't seem to think that matters and I'll end up on YouTube... beat up.

Go Hawks!!!!!!

It may not be your consumption you need to worry about... but your sobriety increases your chances of responding in a de-escalating way.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
They haven't had a jail inside their stadium for like, more than a decade, now. You should be fine if you just watch your mouth. :)

halps80

Reaction score
I wouldn't wear gear. I've been there a bunch of time, always incognito, and have seen people's jerseys desecrated and people suckered punched. No exaggeration.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
as long as you go and cheer on your team but aren't obnoxious about it you'll be fine. Talk to the people around you and wish them a good game, chances are the people in your immediate area will be cool if you do that and most normal people aren't going to let you get beat down or something.

I can't imagine going to a game and not wearing my teams' colors and cheering to support them. You are going to get shit, oh well.

Evil_Shenanigans

Reaction score
Is this really what the world has come to?I hear the Niners and Raiders game is expecting lots of off field "action" and are adding security as you would expect. I blame Soccer for the escalation of fan violence. That and daddy issues.

halps80

Reaction score
As a Philly resident, they are a special breed of as shore. They seek out trouble, no matter how cool you are you could still be a target.

DeSeahawk

Reaction score
Don't sweat it. I've been to the last three Seattle games there and wore my jerseys each time. You'll get some colorful names thrown your way. Last time I had my #8 on and heard "Hasselcock" from the guys behind us. Got some F U's going through the parking lot, but nobody tried anything physical. Plus, you'll see plenty of other Seattle jerseys in the stands. More than I was expecting for sure.

You guys notice the last few games in Philly have been total beat downs ? I'd sure like to see another !

morgulon1

Reaction score
halps80":1ry3xdps said:
As a Philly resident, they are a special breed of as shore. They seek out trouble, no matter how cool you are you could still be a target.

Couldn't you go with an Iggle "friend"? Ive been to a a few other teams stadiums and.always rocked Seahawks gear.
I think I'm dumb, maybe just happy.

BlueBlood

Reaction score
My friend Jarrett Borstadt went to the Eagles Seahawks game in 1998 where Seattle rolled 38-0 and was tripped on his way down, fell 19 rows, broke his wrist, was spit on, had beer dumped on him and was kicked and punched in the ribs and face. That was half time.

Edit

He was wearing a Largent throw back Jersey.

morgulon1

Reaction score
BlueBlood":3ckpc5hv said:
My friend Jarrett Borstadt went to the Eagles Seahawks game in 1998 where Seattle rolled 38-0 and was tripped on his way down, fell 19 rows, broke his wrist, was spit on, had beer dumped on him and was kicked and punched in the ribs and face. That was half time.

Edit

He was wearing a Largent throw back Jersey.

I pictured him rocking a Kitna #7 :|

pmedic920

Reaction score
This is the advise I give everybody in this situation.

If you are going with another adult male, sport your gear and be respectful.

If you are going with your wife, girlfriend or a kid, go incognito.

I say that because like most, you will probably overlook something that's done to you, before you will overlook something that is done to your guest.

Be smart and stay aware of what's going on around you, and you should be fine.
Most stadiums have a number you can text for trouble, find it and have it already in your contacts.
If you see trouble coming, get up and leave the immediate area before anything gets out of hand.

You said you have good seats, that's in your favor as well, trouble tends to happen more often than not, in the cheap seats.

Spiderdan

Reaction score
I'm goin. I'm rocking my gear. I'm just not gonna be the asshole fan. And me and my friends going will be using the buddy system.

morgulon1

Reaction score
Excellent advice pmedic, nothing like having to defend your woman's honor and "keep it real" around 60 thousand people who hate you.

BlueBlood

Reaction score
Spiderdan":1z8xykoy said:
I'm goin. I'm rocking my gear. I'm just not gonna be the asshole fan. And me and my friends going will be using the buddy system.

When you all travel together all wearing opposing fans gear you will definately get some jabs at you.