Will Sherman break the int record first 4 seasons this year?

HawkWow

Reaction score
I'd vote no. Sherm won't get the record. Testimony to the greatness of the man.

I listen to 9er smack all the time. I am amazed by those that feel "Sherm got paid and is now slipping". Really? IF using no more than the eye test alone, this has to be Sherm's best year to date. His run support is so good it makes me cringe. Literally. Against Zona, he shot in to stop the RB for no gain with such ferocity that the play made me say aloud "Sherm, GTF outta there". He's turning into the Marshawn of CBs.

tom sawyer

Reaction score
Probably not, he will probably get at least 2 in the post season though.

SnoCoHawk

Reaction score
With two interceptions last week I don't see Sanchez throwing Sherman's way too much on Sunday. I still have faith in Kaepernick to make stupid throws, though :) so I say Sherm gets the record.

BlueTalon

Reaction score
I rather doubt he will get three interceptions in this game. (Has he ever gotten three interceptions in any game?) But I think it's very possible to get three or more by the end of the regular season.

On a side note, is number of interceptions in first 4 years even a thing? Weird stats in football are reaching baseballish levels. I'm kinda uncomfortable with something being called a record simply because it hasn't been done before.

"Team X has held opponents to zero third down conversions of 10 yards or longer for 13 straight quarters in the regular season."

Who the hell cares?

byau

Reaction score
Likely no.

The best quarterback in the league, on the current best team in the league, and likely one of the smartest quarterbacks in the league, avoided Sherman all game.

That could be on the extreme, but for the most part I'm guessing the smarter QBs avoid him or pass in front of him. Not a lot of INT opportunities generally speaking.

His best chance is to intercept Kaep 3 times in the next game.

Hmmm....

fenderbender123

Reaction score
We don't necessarily have the best NFL qbs remaining on our schedule...so I say he's got a realistic shot.

byau

Reaction score
fenderbender123":6x4q94cj said:
We don't necessarily have the best NFL qbs remaining on our schedule...so I say he's got a realistic shot.

Ha.. Well, actually you're right. Okay, so yeah it's possible.

Then again, we have good coaches on the opposing side and maybe they will remind their QBs

HawkWow

Reaction score
One thing that favors Sherm's chances is we are facing teams with less than spectacular QBs that are resigned to must win situations. The Rams being on the low end of the spectrum, but that makes them no less dangerous. The Rams continue to understand we are the team to beat in the division (even should we not win the division). Sweeping our Hawks would save jobs, positions and generate an off-season of hope and promise.

So, all 4 of the remaining teams will be pulling out all the stops should they get behind by 9 + points and I would think that includes throwing to Sherm's side of the field (whether they'd like to or not). I voted no to this but I think it will be very close and I hope the record is the last thing on Sherm's mind. He is the high watermark and therefore needs no validation, imo.

Hawks46

Reaction score
HawkWow":1xo2gxb3 said:

I listen to 9er smack all the time. I am amazed by those that feel "Sherm got paid and is now slipping". Really? IF using no more than the eye test alone, this has to be Sherm's best year to date. His run support is so good it makes me cringe. Literally. Against Zona, he shot in to stop the RB for no gain with such ferocity that the play made me say aloud "Sherm, GTF outta there". He's turning into the Marshawn of CBs.

Yea, I noticed the same thing. He might be nearing the best run support CB in the league at this point. If I remember that play correctly, he was shooting the gap INSIDE the Tackle box. I thought it was a LBer or maybe Kam at first and the guy gets up and it's Sherman.

To expand upon others' points, he has a shot at the record as we're facing QB's like Stanton, Hill and Kaepernick that aren't that great, and all throw predominantly to the right side. Sanchez likes to throw between the hashes in the middle of the field lately, so I'm not really sure if he throws at Sherman at all. If we get up on any of these teams, they're going to want to start throwing, and out of habit will throw at the right side.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
The 49er fans can hate all they want with their crappy secondary.

Sherman has been worth every penny and we're all happy to have him.

With the QBs we are facing, he's got a decent shot at the record.

XxXdragonXxX

Reaction score
BlueTalon":1imyzoc8 said:
I rather doubt he will get three interceptions in this game. (Has he ever gotten three interceptions in any game?) But I think it's very possible to get three or more by the end of the regular season.

On a side note, is number of interceptions in first 4 years even a thing? Weird stats in football are reaching baseballish levels. I'm kinda uncomfortable with something being called a record simply because it hasn't been done before.

"Team X has held opponents to zero third down conversions of 10 yards or longer for 13 straight quarters in the regular season."

Who the hell cares?

I don't mind stats like this just because it speaks to their pace for an actual record (like INT's in a career).

What gets me is when they start throwing in other random arbitrary stats in combination. Like when Cordarrelle Patterson became the first player to score 4 receiving, 3 rushing and 2 return kickoffs in a season.

HawkWow

Reaction score
Hawks46":3p670cia said:
HawkWow":3p670cia said:

Yea, I noticed the same thing. He might be nearing the best run support CB in the league at this point. If I remember that play correctly, he was shooting the gap INSIDE the Tackle box. I thought it was a LBer or maybe Kam at first and the guy gets up and it's Sherman.

To expand upon others' points, he has a shot at the record as we're facing QB's like Stanton, Hill and Kaepernick that aren't that great, and all throw predominantly to the right side. Sanchez likes to throw between the hashes in the middle of the field lately, so I'm not really sure if he throws at Sherman at all. If we get up on any of these teams, they're going to want to start throwing, and out of habit will throw at the right side.

That was in fact the play, bro. I was actually more pissed than pleased (even in needing the stop). Sherm plays much larger than his frame and that always scares me. For all the "diva" tags that some wanted to saddle Sherm with, nothing could be further from the truth. Sherm, uncommon to his position and certainly status, has no fear of getting dirty in there. How many elite CBs could say that? Deion, no doubt the best ever, got so fast by learning to run away from contact, lol.

Latest posts