Were all of us rubes?

pehawk

Reaction score
Were all of us rubes when the NFL fed us that line of shite that they were "too fearful of blowouts" to schedule primetime games in Seattle? Were we all too giddy and too busy sniff each others privates to realize, that same rule wouldn't apply to; GB, Denver, Pats, Giants, Jets?

We're dumb.

There's two types of people in this world; (Jon) carnies and rubes. All of us, each of us "12's" are kind of rubes. We bought that hook, line and sinker. Hopefully Paul Allen reminds the owners he could buy and sell all of them next offseason.. Because, this is just sickening.

XOXO

Michael Frier's Clean Shoe Soles

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
pehawk":3bcgrbmx said:
We're all of us rubes when the NFL fed us that line of shite that they were "too fearful of blowouts" to schedule primetime games in Seattle? We're we all too giddy and too busy sniff each others privates to realize, that same rule wouldn't apply to; GB, Denver, Pats, Giants, Jets?

Whether we bought that line or not, what do you propose we might have done about it?

OP
OP
P

pehawk

Reaction score
Grahamhawker":4hmvagay said:
pehawk":4hmvagay said:
We're all of us rubes when the NFL fed us that line of shite that they were "too fearful of blowouts" to schedule primetime games in Seattle? We're we all too giddy and too busy sniff each others privates to realize, that same rule wouldn't apply to; GB, Denver, Pats, Giants, Jets?

Whether we bought that line or not, what do you propose we might have done about it?

Well, I would've done something about it, unlike you.

Cartire

Reaction score
pehawk":19u2d3h5 said:
Grahamhawker":19u2d3h5 said:
pehawk":19u2d3h5 said:

Well, I would've done something about it, unlike you.

And I would have supported you from my office chair.

OP
OP
P

pehawk

Reaction score
Smellyman":13b1lqs7 said:
we are all of us rubes?

Yes, were rubes.

I know, right? I'm disgusted with myself over being taken. Stupid, fan of a SB winner for the first time guy. I got taken like a freshman girl at a graduation party.

And as far as what we could've done? I don't know, not the point. It was a question. But, to be honest a few "I cant Breathe" shirts may've sent a message. IDK, just thinking aloud.

irocdave

Reaction score
Most Hawk fans didn't buy it, but what are you going to do? My take is that the NFL didn't plan for the Hawks to be relevant this year, but, they are and look to be coming back just as strong as last year. The NFL media machine has already started altering course. The "plan" kinda got exposed several weeks ago and HAS to change. NFL cant have fans seeing spreadsheets that prove outright officiating biasedness.

It's all up to the Hawks now. Something along the lines of come home "with your shield or on it". That's how this team plays when it's clicking, they come home to their family with their shield. Sparta's mothers would tell their sons this before going to war.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
razgriz737":19yx7rgl said:
iRo is gonna have a field day with this thread.
Some low-hanging fruit is literally too easy even for me to pick. Pehawk's grammar crossed that threshold years ago.

OP
OP
P

pehawk

Reaction score
Zebulon Dak":2xkjzpax said:
Let's protest!!

Now we're talking, Zeb.

Want to a die in at the next Jets game? We can protest Percy too. I don't follow the news too much, but Craig Ferguson and Madison Bumgarner have people protesting on their behalf.

OP
OP
P

pehawk

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":164y52kw said:
razgriz737":164y52kw said:
iRo is gonna have a field day with this thread.
Some low-hanging fruit is literally too easy even for me to pick. Pehawk's grammar crossed that threshold years ago.

I know...bad grammar has kept me from writing for some big audiences and securing high paying jobs too. You win...

grizbob

Reaction score
Well Ryan, I refused/am refusing to watch any prime time game the Hawks didn't play in. What did you do? :thfight7:

Scottemojo

Reaction score
All Paul has to do is agree to play in London, then he will get some scheduling favors.

OP
OP
P

pehawk

Reaction score
Yeah, it's looking like without London theres no way they get standard playoff team treatment.

Brahn

Reaction score
OP bought into media hype, thus all Hawks fans did.

Center of the world logic.

OP
OP
P

pehawk

Reaction score
Brahn":hr8e2jnd said:
OP bought into media hype, thus all Hawks fans did.

Center of the world logic.

Oh, dang it, did I forget the question mark? Yes, I bought in and I'm embarrassed. Apparently only I did.....?