OT: Seahawks SB48 Hat deal... Cancelled?

2_0_6

Reaction score
There was a post on here a couple weeks ago that had SB48 hats for $5 bucks. I bought a few for gifts, and was hoping they would arrive in soon. I got a paypal refund this morning for the full amount from Lids with no explanation.

Anyone else have this happen?

OP
OP
2_0_6

2_0_6

Reaction score
What a bummer. I was hoping to give them out as stocking stuffers this year.

byau

Reaction score
I've made two orders now with LIDS that went through and were oversold. Took a few weeks and then they sent me an email saying they couldn't fulfill the order and were refunding my money :/

Even now when i went to check out LIDS it still let me order it again (or put it in my cart at least)

Going to try Fanatics next, because at least there when you try to order they tell you they are out of inventory and doesn't let you put it in the cart.

Too bad Fanatics has no SuperSonics stuff :/

dbmack

Reaction score
We received the two super bowl hats we ordered plus the 49er hat we ordered at the same time. There was an inventory issue with the Seahawks dog collar and we were refunded for it though.

Greenhell

Reaction score
It's happened to me twice already. Lids needs to step it up and either have current availability when ordering or have plenty on hand when buying their product. I had a big order for Christmas gifts of various other teams and out of the 9 items, I received 1 of them. Yep. 1. Already had everyone crossed off the list and now I have to seek out replacement items. Pissed me off.

Largent80

Reaction score
Oh I went round and round with them over this and got every excuse in the book. Finally I put their crap customer service in every internet forum possible and they responded.

First I get an email saying my order shipped (4 hats), but when I looked at the quantity it was zero. Got a separate one with a virtual Lids gift card......I told them to shove that $15 up their asses and I would never, ever again order anything from them and I continue to tell everyone I know and then some about the shit site and stores they run.

There's mine.

Greenhell

Reaction score
Largent80":23tl69ld said:
Finally I put their crap customer service in every internet forum possible and they responded.

What do you mean by this? :?:

OP
OP
2_0_6

2_0_6

Reaction score
I actually got sent a tracking number as well, and the tracking numbers on the UPS site only stated "shipment pending". Then this morning I got the refund in my Paypal account, but received no email why.

Tracking still shows shipment pending.

byau

Reaction score
This has happened to me twice now, and possibly a a third time now-

The clearance items seem to be oversold a lot.

But just in general their website does not protect against overselling.

Fanatics seems to protect against overselling much better.

So if you're buying as a gift and timely and can't risk a refund due to overselling, I'd suggest using fanatics.

Otherwise, if you're really in it for the prices, seems lids has better clearance sales.

Another roundabout bonus from this that I got: if there is a coupon dealing with a minimum purchase and you only want one shirt that is not on clearance and is below the minimum, you can buy that one shirt plus a few clearance items and there will be a chance the clearance items will get refunded to you because of overselling and voila you have your original choice of shirt but at a discount without meeting the minimum purchase requirement