Hot take, Jamal Adams worst signing Seahawks history.

Tokadub

Reaction score
I didn't even notice I was voted best poster in 2014... I probably made some hot takes and felt too harsh and dodged the forum for a few weeks and totally missed this.

viewtopic.php?f=23&t=93523&hilit=tokadub

I know mostly everyone was joking, but I appreciate the discussion...

If you look back though on the comments of the OP I was in fact correct. This was from June 2014:

"Just watch next year Chancellor will probalby miss games,"

He never played more than 14 games again the rest of his career, averaged around 10.

"Harvin will once again be seriously injured... "

When I said this going into the 2014 season he was NEVER the same. He averaged about 7 games a season for his final 3 years.

For comparison Paul Richardson had 703 yards from scrimmage for the Seahawks in 2017, Harvin would never have that many yards again his WHOLE CAREER. I actually thought Paul Richardson could of done way more for the team... but even what he did was better than Harvin after the point I posted that.

Paul Richardson: https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/R/RichPa01.htm
Percy Harvin: https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/H/HarvPe00.htm

I stand by my points that Bennett was just benefiting from the rest of our defense making opportunities for him. That's a matter of opinion though but I think he was overrated.

So now, finally my new hot take:

I really do think that the amount of money we are paying Jamal Adams will be the death sentence for the Russell Wilson era (I stated this months ago on this forum). I know I'm right so I don't REALLY need to explain myself but I'll give a few reasons for those who disagree.

1) We were the worst defense in NFL history EXACTLY when we got Jamal Adams. He did not fit well with our team, we were the worst we ever were with his addition for the first half of that season. That simply would never happen with a well rounded player.

2) We are paying him WAYYYY too much. I would much rather have KJ Wright and +1-2 solid players (maybe offensive line). This is not even considering how much more valuable Duane Brown is to the Seahawks compared to Jamal Adams...

Simply put, we don't have enough money to be a good team due to overpaying Jamal Adams.

3) He's 90% gonna get horrifically injured this season and miss games. He doesn't have any finesse to his game, he just hits people hard and at funny angles... He's gonna get hurt almost guaranteed.

Nobody could tell where or when he got hurt last season EVEN after extensive viewing of the replays... this is a man who's body is about to break down due to intense wear and tear, it's simple science. He has withstood far too many hard impacts on his joints, he will not age well and he's 1 hit or accident away from being retired (think Bo Jackson). He simply plays too hard for his body, he is almost done I'm sure.

4) Even if he doesn't get injured THIS season he's NOT good enough to win a Super Bowl when he is stealing this much money from the team. He can't even catch a ball that bounces off both his hands when he's WIDE OPEN.

TLDR: Jamal Adams is just an athletic guy who is about to have a severe physical breakdown. He just stole so much money AND draft capital from the Seahawks and in doing so the Russell Wilson era is over.

IN TERMS OF A SINGLE SEAHAWKS MOVE THAT DESTROYS ANY CHANCE TO WIN A SUPER BOWL THIS HAS TO BE IT.

CONCLUSION:

I don't know who's stupid idea this was that one overpriced DEFENSIVE player could save our team when our offense since 2014 has been unable to compete in the playoffs due to bad offensive line etc...

This is coming from the guy who knew Russell Wilson was a top 5 QB before most Seahawks fans and almost all the national media. I'm not a hater I just say what I think plain and simple.

I would love to be wrong about this. I would much rather the Seahawks win another Super Bowl...

But the way I see it Jamal Adams just killed the Wilson era. It's not even a matter of how good he is... it just won't work for THIS SPECIFIC TEAM. He's too expensive and we can't overcome that with our economic situation.

Spohawks

Reaction score
So the money had to go somewhere. Why not your leading sack artist and top tackler. Dude had like 85 tackles in 12 games. That projects to 130 tackles next season.

If any team was asked if they would break the bank on a young guy who is crazy fast, leading sack leader and top 3 tackler on the team...they would say yes.

The cap is about to expand and if Russ chooses to stay, they will find the cash for him. Teams need super studs if they are going to make a push for the Super Bowl, I am glad Pete and the boys are at least taking a shot at it. Might he get hurt next season, sure...but I would rather take a shot at greatness and fail than settle for better than average.

toffee

Reaction score
Tokadub":8yetghhg said:
I didn't even notice I was voted best poster in 2014... I probably made some hot takes and felt too harsh and dodged the forum for a few weeks and totally missed this.

viewtopic.php?f=23&t=93523&hilit=tokadub

I know mostly everyone was joking, but I appreciate the discussion...

If you look back though on the comments of the OP I was in fact correct. This was from June 2014:

"Just watch next year Chancellor will probalby miss games,"

He never played more than 14 games again the rest of his career, averaged around 10.

"Harvin will once again be seriously injured... "

When I said this going into the 2014 season he was NEVER the same. He averaged about 7 games a season for his final 3 years.

For comparison Paul Richardson had 703 yards from scrimmage for the Seahawks in 2017, Harvin would never have that many yards again his WHOLE CAREER. I actually thought Paul Richardson could of done way more for the team... but even what he did was better than Harvin after the point I posted that.

Paul Richardson: https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/R/RichPa01.htm
Percy Harvin: https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/H/HarvPe00.htm

I stand by my points that Bennett was just benefiting from the rest of our defense making opportunities for him. That's a matter of opinion though but I think he was overrated.

So now, finally my new hot take:

I really do think that the amount of money we are paying Jamal Adams will be the death sentence for the Russell Wilson era (I stated this months ago on this forum). I know I'm right so I don't REALLY need to explain myself but I'll give a few reasons for those who disagree.

1) We were the worst defense in NFL history EXACTLY when we got Jamal Adams. He did not fit well with our team, we were the worst we ever were with his addition for the first half of that season. That simply would never happen with a well rounded player.

2) We are paying him WAYYYY too much. I would much rather have KJ Wright and +1-2 solid players (maybe offensive line). This is not even considering how much more valuable Duane Brown is to the Seahawks compared to Jamal Adams...

Simply put, we don't have enough money to be a good team due to overpaying Jamal Adams.

3) He's 90% gonna get horrifically injured this season and miss games. He doesn't have any finesse to his game, he just hits people hard and at funny angles... He's gonna get hurt almost guaranteed.

Nobody could tell where or when he got hurt last season EVEN after extensive viewing of the replays... this is a man who's body is about to break down due to intense wear and tear, it's simple science. He has withstood far too many hard impacts on his joints, he will not age well and he's 1 hit or accident away from being retired (think Bo Jackson). He simply plays too hard for his body, he is almost done I'm sure.

4) Even if he doesn't get injured THIS season he's NOT good enough to win a Super Bowl when he is stealing this much money from the team. He can't even catch a ball that bounces off both his hands when he's WIDE OPEN.

TLDR: Jamal Adams is just an athletic guy who is about to have a severe physical breakdown. He just stole so much money AND draft capital from the Seahawks and in doing so the Russell Wilson era is over.

IN TERMS OF A SINGLE SEAHAWKS MOVE THAT DESTROYS ANY CHANCE TO WIN A SUPER BOWL THIS HAS TO BE IT.

CONCLUSION:

I don't know who's stupid idea this was that one overpriced DEFENSIVE player could save our team when our offense since 2014 has been unable to compete in the playoffs due to bad offensive line etc...

This is coming from the guy who knew Russell Wilson was a top 5 QB before most Seahawks fans and almost all the national media. I'm not a hater I just say what I think plain and simple.

I would love to be wrong about this. I would much rather the Seahawks win another Super Bowl...

But the way I see it Jamal Adams just killed the Wilson era. It's not even a matter of how good he is... it just won't work for THIS SPECIFIC TEAM. He's too expensive and we can't overcome that with our economic situation.
Shall we fire Pete ?

Sent from my IN2017 using Tapatalk

Fox0r

Reaction score
Not even bothering to read whatever this post is. Nonsensical troll who is self-aware enough to be even more toxic than he is stupid. Waste of time. Move on, people.

Smellyman

Reaction score
After your Ciara post maybe just take a break and not pretend you're the smartest guy on the internet.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Another Nostradumass Hater thread!

So according to the thread’s opening premise nobody should get paid. Right OK. :177692:

This player has been an exceptional player since he came into the NFL and he wasn’t too shabby in college either. He’s now a Seahawks player for 4 more years. :2thumbs:

Mad Dog

Reaction score
If Adams never plays a down of football again then he will be the worst signing. Until then we have several candidates that were signed and never played making them even worse candidates than an All Pro Safety getting paid.

Nate Odomes, anyone?

The deal is essentially a two year contract that we can re-write or move on from after that. I think we get 2 years of excellent play from Adams to justify that expense. So I'm cool.

Dude is a baller and a positive influencer. Works hard, competes like crazy. Perfect guy for Pete's system.

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
I don’t know what’s in that doobie you’ve been toking, but you might want to put it down for awhile! Or at least dial back the THc %!!

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Ciara, Adams............I'll give the OP credit, he's got some REALLY bad take range.

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
oldhawkfan":1qtkoght said:
I don’t know what’s in that doobie you’ve been toking, but you might want to put it down for awhile! Or at least dial back the THc %!!

Dabs, man. Don't start with dabs as a newcomer.

Otherwise stuff like this happens.

flv

Reaction score
I think the Seahawks gave up too much to acquire Adams. If it's a $70M extension then it's $80M over 5 years considering his current deal. I'll wait for the full details but it seems a lot more team friendly than it could have been. The worst signings are players who contribute very little at great expense. Adams isn't in that category.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
flv":13lyh7qn said:
I think the Seahawks gave up too much to acquire Adams. If it's a $70M extension then it's $80M over 5 years considering his current deal. I'll wait for the full details but it seems a lot more team friendly than it could have been. The worst signings are players who contribute very little at great expense. Adams isn't in that category.

Well when you draft guys like Lano Hill, Tedric Thompson and Michael Tyson to fill your safety positions, you get a little desperate.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
To be fair, that Colorado secondary was shutting everyone down that year.

I was actually excited we got TT, though he was admittedly a little slow for the position.

But yeah. I was way wrong there. TT was not going to work here.

(It is weird that we certainly did not put a ton of draft capital into the team, for a defense where the success or failure often hinged on the safety position. Budda Baker was just sitting there and we overlooked him. Then we didn't get Savage, but instead let GB get him. Great safeties were there for us, we just traded down for other things. Frustrating.)