Will/Would Pete do a little extra?

pehawk

Reaction score
I'm (bi) curious if anyone thinks Pete will take a knee, or intentionally run the clock down, if the Hawks are up in the 4th quarter? Or, will Pete rub it in a little?

If there ever was a time for Pete to rub it in a bit, it'd be Sunday, right? Chances are he wont be facing Harbaugh for quite some time. And, more than any other coach (I've heard of at least), the contempt for Jimmy seems to be common. Jim's rubbed a lot of other coaches the wrong way; be it by blitzing in preseason or the Schwartz debacle, Jim is as disliked as any coach I can recall. So, there's little risk of retribution.

XOXO

Mike Nolan

Ozzy

Reaction score
Honestly I would be shocked if Pete rubbed it in a little. I wouldn't fault him in the least if he did I just don't see him doing it. I think it almost bothers Jimmy more when Pete acts like he doesn't really care about the rivalry if that makes any sense.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Rather then rub it in, take a knee starting with about 5 minutes left. "You've got no chance and were going to treat you as such."

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
JSeahawks":3t9vuqc7 said:
Rather then rub it in, take a knee starting with about 5 minutes left. "You've got no chance and were going to treat you as such."

You mean...get to the 50 yd line and go back 3 yds, take a knee, back 3 more yards, take a knee, then get a first down...repeat. LOL :sarcasm_off:
No he will not rub it in. THat is not the way our team is built. I expect a run out of the clock in the 4th tho with about 6 mins left in the game tho. :thirishdrinkers:

One thing he may do is substitute people in to get them game experience with those that are experienced. Kind of a get used to the play atmosphere. Just an opinion tho.

volsunghawk

Reaction score
If we had zero shot at the postseason, maybe. I don't see any scenario in which Carroll tries to run up the score and risk injury to key players while there's still a chance at another ring.

Now, if he chose to make some sort of quiet comment to Harbaugh at the mid-field handshake after the game...

LawlessHawk

Reaction score
If the score was 35 - 6, I would bet Pete, deep down, would love to punch it in for one more score at the end of the game and give Harbadouche the bottom of his shoe. But I think there's just as much satisfaction taking the high road by driving it down their throat to their 5 yard line, as if they're helpless to stop us, and then taking a knee to run out the clock... We've done that a number of times and I love it.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
I don't think he would even as much as he doesn't like Jimmy.

I think the Hawks have had the ball 3 times in the redzone last possession in games they were going to win and sat on the ball.

AgentDib

Reaction score
Pete would start taking a knee halfway through the second quarter if he could. Zero chance that he errors on the side of being too aggressive this season.

lukerguy

Reaction score
I think if the 49ers were in contention he would, but he doesn't seem the type to hit someone while they are down.

HawkWow

Reaction score
pehawk":2mu55jwi said:
I'm (bi) curious if anyone thinks Pete will take a knee, or intentionally run the clock down, if the Hawks are up in the 4th quarter? Or, will Pete rub it in a little?

If there ever was a time for Pete to rub it in a bit, it'd be Sunday, right? Chances are he wont be facing Harbaugh for quite some time. And, more than any other coach (I've heard of at least), the contempt for Jimmy seems to be common. Jim's rubbed a lot of other coaches the wrong way; be it by blitzing in preseason or the Schwartz debacle, Jim is as disliked as any coach I can recall. So, there's little risk of retribution.

XOXO

Mike Nolan

Hi Mike.

I've been thinking about this all week. The Stanford thing vs USC really riled Pete. But Pete is a diplomat. Just as we are wondering if he will exact revenge against Jim (again), I'm confident he's also playing it through in his head. Do we humiliate Jim and team...or would I find more favor in being the gent? I think he will go the latter route but Pete won't have total control of the scoring and I think we win by a comfortable 3 TDs.

Making my rounds this morning, Niner nation is closeted. I stopped at some car place to get a steering wheel cover. Spotting my NFCCG hat, the 9er fan attendant says "hey, we have 49er covers in the back". I said "The closet is the perfect place for them. But if I decide I want one I will come back on Monday when they're half price" . Sheepishly the guy says "we will probably be giving them away". ; )

My 9er tenants are quite defiant though. Working the bet of the century with them now. I'm offering 8 pts and my 2 Dodge trucks for one of their Raptors.

Mrs Wow asks..."what if they take the bet"??? If they take the bet I'll be driving a Raptor. Silly question.

lsheldon

Reaction score
There is a lot of fodder on the web about animosity between those two. There is the "Whats your deal" exchange between the two in the game when Harbaugh and Stanford beat Carroll and USC 55-21. I would expect Pete to be the diplomat as he usually is, but I have no doubt that if the roles were reversed that Harbaugh and that organization / players would make it as lopsided as possible if they could.

Personally I hope Pete puts on the pressure and never lets up. Let Russell / Beast score a dozen touchdowns. More the merrier.

Mojambo

Reaction score
Absolutely not.

And it's not because he woudn't want to, it's because he doesn't want to risk an injury. They will kneel down as SOON as they possibly can.

morgulon1

Reaction score
Pete will make sure we win by enough points that it leaves Hardouche no doubt . I have a feeling that this will be SF's
last stand. They are outgunned, but will fight until about halftime when they realize it is futile. I hate Harbitch but there is a small part of me that doesn't want to see him go. We need him coaching SF so we can fully appreciate the hate.
Ali needed Frazier, Yankees need the Red Sox, Seattle needs San Fransisco WITH Harbitch. It makes defeating SF
that much more satisfying.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Doubt it.

I believe last year in the 29-3 game Seattle had the opportunity to punch it in for another score. Instead, we ran out the clock. I guess Harbaugh's inevitable departure changes the dynamic, but you still have to see those 49er players again, and I don't see any reason to give those guys extra fuel for the next game.

OP
OP
P

pehawk

Reaction score
AVL":1mie0u1k said:

Why don't you create a post dazzling us all before criticizing anyone else's? Unless I missed something, you've added nothing of consequence of late.

I would tell you to "stop", but you don't add anything anyways.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Will Pete throw into the endzone up by 20 late in the 4th? Only on third down. Which will be a respectful amount of restraint.

SnoCoHawk

Reaction score
The Niner webzoners are just sure Pete's gonna run up the score and post a gaudy win. I don't know where they're getting that from - the Seahawks hardly ever even post 40-burgers and when they do it's usually by accident because the D or ST scores. Pete likes to go up by 2 scores and then ease off the throttle. Drives me nuts sometimes, but it is what it is.

Latest posts