Players of the Game

McGruff

Reaction score
Can't really point to anyone on offense. Maybe Doug or Paul.

But on defense I'm giving two . . . one to Bobby Wagner, but the big one goes to Jordan Hill who had 2 sacks, 2 TFL's and 2 official hurries, and keeps getting better. At one point I honestly wondered if Mebane isn't a cap casualty . . .

Seanhawk

Reaction score
For me, it's whoever the announcers mentioned the most.

sturg78

Reaction score
Russ did well considering the pressure he was in, PRich balled out on a few catches and hits. ADB was clutch city. Even Kearse had a few big catches.

The 9ers D is physical, readjust expectations of what a good offensive performance is against that D.

SeaChase

Reaction score
Seanhawk":10wgqvl5 said:

They mentioned Irvin, with that sack he made with like 3 minutes left and when we were blitzing. Crazy he didnt get more with the constant pressure...

taco40

Reaction score
SeaChase":67mkvf0b said:
Seanhawk":67mkvf0b said:

They mentioned Irvin, with that sack he made with like 3 minutes left and when we were blitzing. Crazy he didnt get more with the constant pressure...

I was surprised that Irvin didn't keep containment on a number of plays on that 14 play, 8 minute drive by SF in the fourth quarter (Wasn't their lack of urgency interesting). Hawks were fortunate Papaki didn't get more, damaging yards on that drive as the right defensive side was open most of that series.

Marshawn can take his game to another level when needed. When they went to him consistently he took over and dominated. Once he was in domination mode, Russell has that nice run due to their loss of containment by the right end going all out for Marshawn. Kudos to the Oline for much of the third quarter who gave creases to Lynch and Turbin. Oline is much aligned, and rightly so, especially for those stupid false starts in front of a quiet crowd. But they also picked it up against a team which is getting old and getting tired of the distractions surrounding their coach.

Seafan

Reaction score
Lynch, Wagner, Hill and Jeron Johnson.

And love this quote from Wags: “They were intense, but we matched it,” middle linebacker Bobby Wagner said. “We’re trying to do something special, and they came in our way.”