Offensive and Defensive players of the game predictions - MNF

keasley45

Reaction score
What say ye faithful?

Offense - D Eskridge

He's Shane's dude and was hand picked by him so that he could implement some of the stuff the Rams ran when he was there. Last year in his first action, Eskridge saw brief action but you could see what Waldron wanted him to do. As much conversation as there's been about Penny, Geno and DK, I think the guy the Donks will have trouble accounting for is Eskridge. Between a few big YAC receptions, a sweep and big plays in the return game, I think he turns this game into his own personal coming out party.

On defense -

Jamal Adams makes this his revenge game against Russ and anyone who thought he was overvalued on this defense. I think Clint is going to move him around the board to exploit mismatches the entire game. Denver will be focused on containing Taylor and Nwosu / Mafe, they won't be able to stop Adams as well. And releasing Adams to get to the ball early in the play is exactly Russ's cryptonite. He hasn't been great at finding the hot read in his career, preferring to make his hey on the back end of the down after he extends the play.

Eskridge - 5 catches 112 yards, 2 rushes, 33 yards, 56 return yards, 1 TD

Adams - 2 TFL, 2 sacks, and 8 total tackles.

OP
OP
keasley45

keasley45

Reaction score
Hoping to see Waldron move Eskridge around the same way the Vikes did with Jefferson. Motion, outside, inside, carrying the ball. I think he just might have that in the cards this game and hopefully for the season. It will be hard enough for defenses to cover DK and Tyler. Add in a wildcard homerun threat who can get from zero to 23mph in .5 seconds who you can never predict where he's going to be and it becomes a serious challenge. All Geno needs is to not be pressured into mistakes. The play design might just do the rest.

kidhawk

Reaction score
Instead of a prediction, I'll say that I'd like defensive player of the game I hope goes to someone who gets multiple sacks or picks on Wilson. As for offensive player of the game, I'd love it to go to Geno Smith. Yes, this game is personal and I want to see everything happen in this game to make Denver fans wonder if they made a mistake with this trade.

DarkVictory23

Reaction score
I'll bite.

Based on my Madden play thru of today's game, the top players on each side of the ball will be:

OFFENSE

Rashaad Penny - With over 100 yards and 3 TDs, Penny pulled away from the pack as the Seahawks switched gears in the second half to grind down the Broncos and pad their 17-0 halftime lead.

DEFENSE

Uchenna Nwosu - Perhaps an unexpected name, Nwosu's multi-sack performance which included a forced fumble on the Broncos opening drive set the tone for the 'Hawks D as they blanked the opposing team for a dominant 31-0 victory on Monday Night.

EDIT: Just saw Recon had the same two guys with a similar stat line for Nwosu. I'm feeling this one now.

Last edited:

hoxrox

Reaction score
Hope our rookie corners show something against their WRs. Heard Sutton is currently Russ favorite target.

toffee

Reaction score
Geno Smith
Jamal Adams

If Geno is the offense player of the week, we are winning this game. Jamal? that means Russ will be sack multiple times.

chris98251

Reaction score
I want to see some Legion Attitude and a bit of get into Wilsons head after sacks and knockdowns.

Chevy

Reaction score
DE/DT Myles Adams, gets two sacks and multiple pressures.

OC Austin Blythe, Blythe stabilizes the interior with Haynes and Curhan.

jeremiah

Reaction score
What say ye faithful?

Offense - D Eskridge

He's Shane's dude and was hand picked by him so that he could implement some of the stuff the Rams ran when he was there. Last year in his first action, Eskridge saw brief action but you could see what Waldron wanted him to do. As much conversation as there's been about Penny, Geno and DK, I think the guy the Donks will have trouble accounting for is Eskridge. Between a few big YAC receptions, a sweep and big plays in the return game, I think he turns this game into his own personal coming out party.

On defense -

Jamal Adams makes this his revenge game against Russ and anyone who thought he was overvalued on this defense. I think Clint is going to move him around the board to exploit mismatches the entire game. Denver will be focused on containing Taylor and Nwosu / Mafe, they won't be able to stop Adams as well. And releasing Adams to get to the ball early in the play is exactly Russ's cryptonite. He hasn't been great at finding the hot read in his career, preferring to make his hey on the back end of the down after he extends the play.

Eskridge - 5 catches 112 yards, 2 rushes, 33 yards, 56 return yards, 1 TD

Adams - 2 TFL, 2 sacks, and 8 total tackles.
I D K about any of this, I don't get KOMO in my area, it is not being streamed as ABC has no standalone streaming service.

BASF

Reaction score
Rashaad Penny with 125+ yds carrying, 3 catches for 25 yds, and 1 TD

Uchenna Nwosu posts 2 sacks with 1 FF, 8 tackles and a PD.
I'll bite.

Based on my Madden play thru of today's game, the top players on each side of the ball will be:

OFFENSE

Rashaad Penny - With over 100 yards and 3 TDs, Penny pulled away from the pack as the Seahawks switched gears in the second half to grind down the Broncos and pad their 17-0 halftime lead.

DEFENSE

Uchenna Nwosu - Perhaps an unexpected name, Nwosu's multi-sack performance which included a forced fumble on the Broncos opening drive set the tone for the 'Hawks D as they blanked the opposing team for a dominant 31-0 victory on Monday Night.

EDIT: Just saw Recon had the same two guys with a similar stat line for Nwosu. I'm feeling this one now.
Good call both of you. Defensive player of the week.