Tukuafu one of the keys to our turn around?

SnoCoHawk

Reaction score
I think he's definitely a factor. I wonder who will get the starting fullback job when Coleman comes back? Tukuafu seems to be a better plow for Lynch, but Coleman might be more versatile.

bigwrm

Reaction score
SnoCoHawk":h23iv5af said:
I think he's definitely a factor. I wonder who will get the starting fullback job when Coleman comes back? Tukuafu seems to be a better plow for Lynch, but Coleman might be more versatile.

I'd imagine they'll bring him into camp to compete for the job next year, although Coleman probably has the edge due to age and special teams. I've liked what Tukuafu has done in the run game, but he's kind of one dimensional and I'm not sure he knows how to catch a football.

rain7

Reaction score
There's gotta be a psychological aspect to this as well. It's bad enough you have to deal with Lynch, but as an lb, you now have a 285lb freight truck running at you - it's gotta have an effect over the course of the game.

I'd rather have Tuk as long as Lynch is here, different dynamic I think if we have another guy at rb.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
Id like to see us use him more as a pile driver in front of Lynch. He is built to deliver the hammer on that wham block. How many hits can a backer take from him before he quits worring about tackling Lynch and Wilson and just starts trying to minimize the pain?

olyfan63

Reaction score
rain7":3tfn82pi said:
There's gotta be a psychological aspect to this as well. It's bad enough you have to deal with Lynch, but as an lb, you now have a 285lb freight truck running at you - it's gotta have an effect over the course of the game.

I'd rather have Tuk as long as Lynch is here, different dynamic I think if we have another guy at rb.

Tuku seems to block well for all our backs. Turbin and Michael were actually more effective than Marshawn until late in the 2nd quarter, basically until Beastmode's 6 yard TD run.

Case in point, 3rd and 1, Tuku smacked a guy at the point of attack and Turbin followed him for the first down. This is a down and distance we've been stuffed on a lot this year, when not using a fullback. Bevell may be teachable.

Sure with you though, on the "oh $hit!" factor for defenders dealing with Tuku's blocks on running plays.

SonicHawk

Reaction score
It is not fun for opposing defenses to be smacked around by two bruisers in Tukuafu and Lynch.

seatownlowdown

Reaction score
easlily 1 of my new favorite hawks. in sincerely hope we resign this dude. just nasty, he just mashes dudes at the line, and i believe he strikes real fear into most linebackers/dbs. not only will he blow somebody up, he wont stop until that whistle blows. he brings that nasty/physical edge that beastmode and kam have and browner had. and... to top it all off hes a 49er retread that is starting on a fearsome seahawks team at the moment. its gotta make 49er players sick to see him lined up against them. i doubt 49er bandwagon fans have any idea who this guy is tho, tbh :lol:

can someone with time and editing skills find it in their heart to go through these last 9 games and make a tukuafu highlight reel for this season? i just want to rewatch his decleaters over and over again lol :mrgreen:

themunn

Reaction score
Since Tukuafu joined the team we have rushed for the yardages below

The Browns have the worst average in the league (142.4) at rush D, and every game aside from the first Arizona game, we have outrushed that. In fact, our rushing offense is so good that we have massively skewed the ranking of the teams we've played against (in left, their actual ranking, the right is the ranking they'd have excluding the Seahawk game(s))

149 (OAK) (21) (20)
350 (NYG) (30) (21)
204 (KC) (28) (25)
124 (ARI) (8) (6) (we skewed their average by almost 13 yards per game)
157 (SF) (7) (6, but still 7th if you include Arizona)
188 (PHI) (17) (14)
152 (SF)
267 (ARI)

We are averaging 199 yards per game with Tukuafu in the team (compared to 148 prior). A lot of that is due to the massive skew of the 350 yard game against New York, but even excluding that game we're still average 177 YPG with him in the team.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
vs Arizona, Lynch has one 13 yard run from the I. Arizona run blitzes a safety off the right edge, the safety was lined up 15 yards deep just before the snap and comes flying in to blow up Lynch, or Wilson if it is play action. Tukuafu destroys him. Just blows him up. It saved the play.

His first game, I was oh so wrong about him. He has become very assignment sound.

byau

Reaction score
Not to mention, seems he and Lynch really like each other.

Paraphrased conversation between Tuk and Lynch:

"So which way do you want me to hit him? left or right?"
"Just hit him..."
"Okay.."
"In fact you better hit him fast or I might hit him before you."

Bet one of the factors of Lynch possibly staying is if Tuk stays

And not sure why he wouldn't, what's not to like about him? :)