Bruce Arians stunned facial expression

kearly

Reaction score
There were a lot of moments in this game I'll never forget, the best being BeastQuake2. The second best one seems to have been missed by most, but was so iconic to me.

I forget which play it happened on, I think it was in the second half, but the NBC camera cut to Bruce Arians on the sideline- jaw agape- in total stunned silence. It kind of reminded me of the look on Jim Harbaugh's face in 2012 when his team got creamed 42-13 in Seattle, a look that said "oh crap, I'm boned aren't I?".

There was also another moment in the game when Arians could be seen running up his sideline after a big Seahawks play, literally just ranting and raving to himself. I kept thinking "who's he yelling at? He chasing somebody?" Thirty yards later he's still running and still fuming, and I realize he's talking to himself. It was an amazing moment.

If anyone has a DVR tuner and can gif these, that would be so cool.

Reaction score
kearly":qhumfigc said:
There were a lot of moments in this game I'll never forget. .., the best being BeastQuake2. The second best one seems to have been missed by most, but was so iconic to me.

I forget which play it happened on, I think it was in the second half, but the NBC camera cut to Bruce Arians on the sideline- jaw agape- in total stunned silence. It kind of reminded me of the look on Jim Harbaugh's face in 2012 when his team got creamed 42-13 in Seattle, a look that said "oh crap, I'm boned aren't I?".

There was also another moment in the game when Arians could be seen running up his sideline after a big Seahawks play, literally just ranting and raving to himself. I kept thinking "who's he yelling at? He chasing somebody?" Thirty yards later he's still running and still fuming, and I realize he's talking to himself. It was an amazing moment.

I think it was after a Wilson play, if I remember right. It was priceless.

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
kearly":1cqrsgxs said:

I kept expecting a ref to appear but one never did. I too thought he must be aiming that at someone otherwise he's a lunatic.

He was like Chip Kelly minus the actual refs.

Laloosh

Reaction score
It was entertaining. I actually made the comment to my neighbor at the time that he was channeling Harbaugh. Love what this team does to opposing head coaches and I long for the day Jason Garret has to go through it.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
I almost always pause the DVR and watch whenever the cameras or focused on opposing sidelines, sometimes the body language of players and coaches tells a lot about how that team is feeling.

I felt like Arians put an immense amount of pressure on his guys with making this game for all the marbles. He put an immense amount of pressure on himself too, and he looked like he was cracking. I thought stop bitching to the refs, they are flagging the Hawks like crazy! Then there just kept being no Ref.

His early week talk about the "grabby" DBs on the Hawks paid off, to the tune of 6 points. His passing strategy pretty much consisted of DPI.

pehawk

Reaction score
Arians absolutely just emotionally depleted his team. I respect his instinct to go for broke, but, man, he killed them for next week and beyond. If you watched his post game press conference, you saw how dejected Arians was. He knows his team is toast.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
The Great Hawktini":1g8h8s25 said:
kearly":1g8h8s25 said:
There were a lot of moments in this game I'll never forget. .., the best being BeastQuake2. The second best one seems to have been missed by most, but was so iconic to me.

I think it was after a Wilson play, if I remember right. It was priceless.

That's my recollection. One of those, "uh oh, we live by the blitz and now we die by it moments.

HomerJHawk

Reaction score
Nothing like fielding the best damn D in football to make the opposing coaches gonads shrivel.

And look at the time left in the game on the .gif. Seahawks still have another 3 TD's to shove down their throat. Maybe Arians was having a premonition.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
pehawk":2obkhklt said:
Arians absolutely just emotionally depleted his team. I respect his instinct to go for broke, but, man, he killed them for next week and beyond. If you watched his post game press conference, you saw how dejected Arians was. He knows his team is toast.
It was like he lost the first round of the playoffs.

I have been certain that Arians was the coach who said he wouldn't take Russ on his team. It had to be pretty depressing for his mush rush the middle and make the hobbit throw from the pocket strategy blow up in his face.

I still think he screwed up the first time he went empty. And kept going back to stuff like that in a one score game. His only chance was to wear out the DL, and he stuck to his own nature of going for the throat, trying to get DPI, exploiting down field matchups when the one behind center was crap.... Coaches get the poleaxed look when they find out their game plan was shit, especially when that game plan was based in some ego.

getnasty

Reaction score
The facial expression posted above was right after Russ threw a dime do the seam to Willson on 2nd and 20, then on the next played scrambled around and threw a bullet to PRich for 8 yards when he had nothing.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
If I was Arians, I would have the same expression. His game plan stunk for this game, especially offensively. Defensively, this is the first time all season that Arizona's blitzing game plan failed them. Yes, they did lose 3 other games but really they were still effective getting pressure and sacks. This time around they failed. Arizona only had 1 sack for the game last night. They gave up chunks of yardage on run defense (267 yards) and stopping the run was their bread/butter on defense. The Seahawks have a blueprint of how to beat the Cards' defense by using their aggressiveness against them. It worked so good last night. Hope Atlanta or Carolina was taking notes.

homerun1970

Reaction score
I believe we will soon enough see Arians losing in the playoffs expression. Injuries have caught up and the breaks going your way only go so far. The way they are at present I don't see them as a serious playoff team.

Jacknut16

Reaction score
kearly":3lagxcnb said:
There were a lot of moments in this game I'll never forget, the best being BeastQuake2. The second best one seems to have been missed by most, but was so iconic to me.

I remember this, I kept expecting a REF to come into view on the TV, but nope never happened. Classic

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Scottemojo":3che51ru said:
His early week talk about the "grabby" DBs on the Hawks paid off, to the tune of 6 points. His passing strategy pretty much consisted of DPI.

That was exactly what his game plan was. Try to get cheap yardage via DPI, convert that to points .. and have the defense carry them to another win a la St. Louis

Russ and co. had different ideas though.

pehawk

Reaction score
The Seahawks showed the Cardinals future opponents how to beat they're blitz. That was the expression; "oh shit, we were just figured out on national television". The real sting is what Seattle did to that defense is scalable to everyone; make that easy vertical throw to the finesse TE on your roster. Kap and VD can do that too.

Arizona is toast next weekend. Toast.

homerun1970

Reaction score
Lived by the blitz. Died by it horribly. I see the same way Davis going to have a large day next weekend. Then again Crabtree is historically pretty good on Peterson. Then again maybe Peterson is horribly overrated and he gets burnt often.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
I lost quite a bit of respect for Arians last night, not only for his epicly AWFUL game plan of trying to actually throw the ball against this D, with Ryan F'ing Lindley..........but mostly for defiantly throwing the ball late in the 4th quarter when he knew there was no chance to win.

Not only is he personally responsible for Simon's injury in garbage time for not just running out the clock, but he almost got Larry Fitzgerald killed a couple times........for no god damn reason other than stupid pride.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
pehawk":va3dt9gy said:

Well put. To me, Arians put his team in a very precarious position by hyping this game to the high heavens. The wheels came off almost immediately after Seattle made a few plays. Never happened to Seattle in the Russell Wilson era.

Latest posts