Team Dynamics - Celebrate Each Other's Success

RockHawk

Reaction score
In rewatching the game last night, I continue to love seeing defensive players run in celebrating big plays on offense and offensive players celebrating defense, ect. For instance go watch the Beastquake2.0 run and watch who the second person is to fly in and hug Marshawn in the endzone to celebrate.... with no helmet, no less.

Earl Thomas...

Earl Thomas literally beat every other offensive player except 1 to Marshawn to celebrate, with no helmet on.

I notice Sherman & Dougie B celebrating together quite often, though I understand their best friends, Kam celebrating a big Russell Wilson run, and Lynch running up to Sherman on a big play.

This is the reason we're playing like we are folks. This isn't synthetic or fake love for each other's success; it's real. You can tell that they are playing for each other, and celebrating each other's accomplishments.

This is why we will be back to back champs. I have no doubt.

pehawk

Reaction score
RockHawk":53m05909 said:
In rewatching the game last night, I continue to love seeing defensive players run in celebrating big plays on offense and offensive players celebrating defense, ect. For instance go watch the Beastquake2.0 run and watch who the second person is to fly in and hug Marshawn in the endzone to celebrate.... with no helmet, no less.

Earl Thomas...

Earl Thomas literally beat every other offensive player except 1 to Marshawn to celebrate, with no helmet on.

I notice Sherman & Dougie B celebrating together quite often, though I understand their best friends, Kam celebrating a big Russell Wilson run, and Lynch running up to Sherman on a big play.

This is the reason we're playing like we are folks. This isn't synthetic or fake love for each other's success; it's real. You can tell that they are playing for each other, and celebrating each other's accomplishments.

Totally agree, Doug.

You know who else realizes this? Ray Lewis. Ray Lewis LOVES this Seahawks team most likely because it reminds him of his crew; Reed, Suggs, Sharpe, etc. Those Ravens teams we're a group that only cared about winning. Exactly like this crew.

byau

Reaction score
Goes with the line "When one of us makes a play, we all make a play" from Earl Thomas

And it's easy to see in the celebrations, when you watch the game it's a lot more subtle but it's still there (usually for me I have to watch the replays to see it)

With this philosophy of you wanting to help your teammate succeed, you work to get that person to succeed. Michael Bennett says all the time it doesn't matter who gets the sack

Definitely evident in this game.

Easiest one which has been covered in another thread: Lockette throwing blocks on BeastQuake 2.0

What about Michael Bennett not trying to get a sack, but instead trying to take out two guys so Jordan Hill can get the sack?

And how about our receivers throwing down blocks for one another? Especially Kearse and Baldwin.

Love this *TEAM*

jdemps

Reaction score
SF bay area, shaping young minds with a tinge of H
RockHawk":25q7b47z said:

Earl Thomas...

This almost worries me at times. This team is so emotional and so built on momentum that you almost fear the lulls. The whole team comes alive after every big score, every big play, but until we hit that play, sometimes they seem like they're dragging their feet. Luckily, RW is a robot who plays as cool up 2 scores as down 2 scores and ET plays like his hair's on fire all the time to balance everything out.

FLhawkfan

Reaction score
Anyone notice Marshawn giving Hauschka a pep talk on the bench after he missed his second field goal? I thought that said a lot about the team dynamics.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
jdemps":32339eif said:
RockHawk":32339eif said:

Earl Thomas...

This almost worries me at times. This team is so emotional and so built on momentum that you almost fear the lulls. The whole team comes alive after every big score, every big play, but until we hit that play, sometimes they seem like they're dragging their feet. Luckily, RW is a robot who plays as cool up 2 scores as down 2 scores and ET plays like his hair's on fire all the time to balance everything out.

They have had lulls this year. They chose to work things out and grow together as a team. They had team meetings and they made choices to get better as a team and not fall apart as individuals.

byau

Reaction score
FLhawkfan":6ihdp6re said:
Anyone notice Marshawn giving Hauschka a pep talk on the bench after he missed his second field goal? I thought that said a lot about the team dynamics.

Yes. Lynch is really a great guy to his boys. Totally saw that.

volsunghawk

Reaction score
HawkFan72":3vbjslqa said:
jdemps":3vbjslqa said:
RockHawk":3vbjslqa said:

Earl Thomas...

They have had lulls this year. They chose to work things out and grow together as a team. They had team meetings and they made choices to get better as a team and not fall apart as individuals.

The concern about the "lulls" is why I think Earl Thomas does what he does. You'll hear other teams' fans complain about the Seahawks defense, saying, "Ugh, they celebrate every play like it just won the SB." But I think that's how they keep each other fired up. Guy got a catch on you and grabbed a first down? So what? Great form tackle, son! That energy is infectious and Earl is the power plant that ensures we never have an empty reservoir of it.

jacobsod

Reaction score
What I like to see is they celebrate even the "meh" ok-ish / good plays AND the great plays.

You can tell it gets under the skin of the opposing offense to see that kind of chemistry. Awesome!

Kinda like you see with so many fans of opposing teams. There we are cheering until we have no voice left the entire game (well, except when we are on offense lol), while they are upset they don't get to do the same. Albeit that's their own choice. Seems so many fans of other teams don't want to be the ones cheering their team on. Since I moved to AZ I'm shocked at most games I go to (Diamondbacks and the Cards when the Hawks play here). Nothing like it was in Seattle. They view us Seattle fans as crazy. I view us as connected to our team unlike no other fanbase. LOVE IT! :179417:

Reaneypark

Reaction score
FLhawkfan":1o5ugbky said:
Yeah, most of the time when kickers miss, nobody wants to get near them.

Reaneypark

Reaction score
I love this thread because it shows why I love this team. They are a complete reflection of Pete Carroll's attitude and how the team's success is shared by everyone. People thought Pom Pom Pete's approach wouldn't work in the NFL. It's thriving!

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
FLhawkfan":fyttvz1c said:

magcctgnm32qhkm7vaqo.gif

http://deadspin.com/marshawn-lynch-makes-seahawks-kicker-steven-hauschka-da-1657445240