Please dispose of the first half.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Whatever that was, let's not use that offensive version in the playoffs, M'kay? :D

Awesome job overall, especially on defense. Hat is off to the Rams who always play us tough. They have the best defense we will face the rest of this (post) season. Good for them.

I would just like to see a bit more imaginative play calling out of Bevell. I'm not gonna bash the man, just calling it as I see it.

Over and out.

2014 NFC West Champions! WOOT!

mikeak

Reaction score
My take away is they always plays us to the last possession and despite the first half the Seahawks as a team dominated the second half. Ready for a Super Bowl run

Blitzhawk

Reaction score
When they flashed the stats at halftime, we actually dominated them in the first half as well. Just the costly mistakes that set them up for the 2 FG's. The Beast fumble in FG range and the Lockette penalty on the punt that got them to midfield were the biggest setting up their scores. The Int driving for the score by Wilson and the failed 4th down rather than the long FG attempt cost us scores that would made for an entirely different feel to the first half.

Not saying these things are ok or not irritating to deal with. We were moving the ball, had some good runs but some bad O line issues that hampered us like normal to get ironed out. I too wish we could get to the point where we start the game fast and strong but just seems we always have some issues to get smoothed out in first half. I told my dad at half time I was not a bit worried if we are close at half, our 2nd half adjustments are stellar and we dominate games then.

It all falls within PC's mantra.....it is not how we start but how we finish.

Tokadub

Reaction score
I'm gonna re-watch the game in a little bit so I might have some more to add. But my first impressions of the first half problems were:

1) Russell Wilson was a bit over excited. You could see on the first or 2nd snap of the game his hands looked to be shaking hardcore when he was waiting for the ball.

I think Wilson was just a little jittery or nervous because the Rams are one of the dirtiest teams in the league and their pass rush is brutal, and they also seem to have the most success tackling him in the open field. The Rams have quite the athletic and brutal defense and they hit hard and dirty... not too fun for a QB.

2) Offensive Line was absolutely horrible which compounded point #1. It looked like our O-Line had been broken after .2 seconds of most plays and then even if they recovered a bit Wilson was just in a funk and couldn't analyze what was his best move. It was basically a QB's worst nightmare and a very chaotic situation to execute the plan cleanly.

I don't know why Okung was in the game he stinks this year, absolutely terrible atrocious status. I've seen more from Bailey in 1 single pass blocking play this season than I've seen from Okung all year.

I don't know why Carroll was making fun of Bailey's weight but from what I've seen he is FAR SUPERIOR TO OKUNG. I don't care if Bailey is 350 pounds he floats like a graceful ballerina compared to the awkward double left footed Okung who couldn't block a 4 year old child.

3) Ran it up the middle a few too many times when it was going nowhere and demoralizing our Offensive Line that they couldn't block for beans.

4) Wilson and Lynch both tried to force the action for big plays a little too much with Wilson's terrible interception and Lynch's bad fumble when he tried to go for even more after he had already gotten the first down.

Sometimes more is less when you already got the first down, but I can't blame Lynch for his fumble... it looked a little goofy but I need to re-watch the game to see how bad that really was.

Willson's interception was horrible though he tried to force it and it obviously wasn't the right decision.

Conclusion:

Other than a few too many obvious runs up the Middle I don't think this was Bevell's fault. It was mainly the Offensive Line and Wilson was not relaxed and dialed in.

Seafan

Reaction score
That first half just flew by. I couldn't believe how fast that clock ran and part of it of course was the lack of penalties.

The two turnovers killed our offensive momentum. I'm really not too concerned about it. The Rams are a good team. The only NFC West team to beat the Hawks this season. Nothing to hang your head about. The Hawks had to work hard this season to get 12 wins and that will pay dividends. The Hawks could have won every game. The losses will help too. Even with Hauskcha. Nothing is given to you. You need to be focused all the time.

I hope Hill isn't seriously hurt. It would be nice if Jeron Johnson can recover from his injury too. If those guys go on IR it'll be next man up.

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
Aros":34lcjufb said:
Whatever that was, let's not use that offensive version in the playoffs, M'kay? :D

Awesome job overall, especially on defense. Hat is off to the Rams who always play us tough. They have the best defense we will face the rest of this (post) season. Good for them.

I would just like to see a bit more imaginative play calling out of Bevell. I'm not gonna bash the man, just calling it as I see it.

Over and out.

2014 NFC West Champions! WOOT!

I hear what you're saying, but against a clearly inferior team like St. Louis, I think that unimaginative play-calling is fine...it's the lowest-variance way to go, and the favorite in a game wants as little variance as possible.