Sterling Sharpe (Hawk related)

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
At the end of the latest NFL playbook segment covering the Hawks vs Rams, Sterling Sharpe's rather large mouth boldly bellows out. "And I'm picking the St. Louis Rams to win ON THE ROAD against Seattle."

Do they normally eat crow for blown predictions in the succeeding Playbook? He's not on Twitter so no way to dog him out that way :mrgreen:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't he pretty 'Faulkish' about picking against Seattle?

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
Not a big deal. Aside from Prisco (who makes no secret of the fact that he has an axe to grind), these talking heads are often just looking to score some bragging rights with picks like that, or from what Michael Irvin has said, they're even told who to pick on the air sometimes.

Seafan

Reaction score
MidwestHawker":2j9kk4zj said:
Not a big deal. Aside from Prisco (who makes no secret of the fact that he has an axe to grind), these talking heads are often just looking to score some bragging rights with picks like that, or from what Michael Irvin has said, they're even told who to pick on the air sometimes.

They read from scripts. Most of the stuff they say isn't original. It doesn't bother me.

bigtrain21

Reaction score
I think it was just wishful thinking more than anything. He wanted the Packers to get the #1 seed, so he needed Seattle to lose. He doesn't hide the fact that he loves his old team. It's really not a big deal.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Tony Dungy has already said Carolina will beat AZ Saturday and then that they have a "real chance" to beat the Hawks in Seattle. Rodney Harrison was like "um, no". Just trying to make their TV shows 'interesting'.

CurryStopstheRuns

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":2wvtuat3 said:
Tony Dungy has already said Carolina will beat AZ Saturday and then that they have a "real chance" to beat the Hawks in Seattle. Rodney Harrison was like "um, no". Just trying to make their TV shows 'interesting'.

I loved that response from Harrison.

I chortled.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Dungy does have a history of picking against the Hawks, this year in particular though. I still say he's totally butthurt over the beatdown we put on his buddy Pey Pey in XLVIII.

EMTHawkfan

Reaction score
I wonder too just how much of the things they say is their way of trying to stay relevant by going against the grain

Nog

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":hssqx4lv said:
Dungy does have a history of picking against the Hawks, this year in particular though. I still say he's totally butthurt over the beatdown we put on his buddy Pey Pey in XLVIII.
No. He picked us to go to SB back in 2010 :lol:

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Harrison seems to pick who he really thinks will win (nonscript) and he really likes our team so I will listen more to what he says..Dungy is a joke homer who picks his old teams or Peyton..Blah..

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
Dungy rated Brady above Manning by the silly sort-by-rings metric, so I don't think he's a total homer in his assessments. He is rather dim though.

Largent80

Reaction score
Does it really matter what Sharpe or any other mediot says?

Didn't almost the entire collection of them pick Denver in the SB? And even SF in the NFCCG?