Go right on ahead, then!

Ruminator

Reaction score
Because New England Patriot players are now saying "No one can stop us, but us," I look forward to them doing that in the Super Bowl. Not that we'd need the help, but hey, thanks Pats for letting us know you can stop yourselves! 'preciate it!

sc85sis

Reaction score
Just another way Pete is changing the NFL. His team's have said, It's not about them, it's about us" for years.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
sc85sis":2y6cz6gi said:
Just another way Pete is changing the NFL. His team's have said, It's not about them, it's about us" for years.
That has been a said by coaches and players well before Pete instilled it in any of his teams.
What I like is how he gets total buy in. Once his guys reach a certain level of play and belief, he convinces them that they 'can't be beat' and that they 'never have to lose anymore.' Very empowering when you have collective buy-in.

I DO; however, have a funny feeling that Jason Garrett has been walking around with a copy of 'Win Forever' in his back pocket since last season. [emoji102] I see it in his shart-eating grin after every W.

Mick063

Reaction score
The fallacy of the Pats fan's two arguments.

The Seattle defense is very beatable.
Gronk is completely unstoppable.

I would say that one is clearly showing up larger than the other lately.

If it doesn't get measured, it doesn't get done. By quantifiable measure, Pats fans can't hold water. Kam has one more ring than Gronk. One was unbeatable and the other was stopped.

But, but, but Lindley.

Yea? Seattle played him once, but when it comes to Geno Smith, the Pat's defense gets a flyer. One QB is in the playoffs, the other got his coach fired.

Let's talk AFC East. Seattle plays against a Buffalo level defense (or better) six times a year. Comparative strength of schedule, a quantifiable measure. Enough said.

OkieHawk

Reaction score
Mick063":rq6gxbdx said:

If it doesn't get measured, it doesn't get done. By quantifiable measure, Pats fans can't hold water.

But, but, but Lindley.

Yea? Seattle played him once, but when it comes to Geno Smith, the Pat's defense gets a flyer.

Let's talk AFC East. Seattle plays against a Buffalo level defense 6 times a year. Comparative strength of schedule, a quantifiable measure. Enough said.

I can't wait until Bam Bam gives Gronk a case of alligator arms.

sutz

Reaction score
85sis is right. Pretty much every team says stuff like this. What the rest of the league is starting to learn, but apparently not everybody knows yet, is just how good our team is at helping them 'beat themselves.'

:twisted:

AK Hawk

Reaction score
I forget what team was being interviewed a couple of months back, I think it was the Ravens, but the player was telling a story of how he told the team that this year could be their year and then said, "why not us". I guess it goes back to the sincerest form of flattery.

Glasgow Seahawk

Reaction score
Does anyone have a clip of the video before the GB game where various players are saying 'why not us?' then Wilson ends it with 'because you got to go through us'

homerun1970

Reaction score
Let them say it, I seem to remember a little man with a big helmet saying but we are the best offense ever! The game wont be won or lost on what is said. The Seahawks have a very good chance of going back to back.

Hawks46

Reaction score
Mick063":zt6wa0zz said:

If it doesn't get measured, it doesn't get done. By quantifiable measure, Pats fans can't hold water. Kam has one more ring than Gronk. One was unbeatable and the other was stopped.

But, but, but Lindley.

Yea? Seattle played him once, but when it comes to Geno Smith, the Pat's defense gets a flyer. One QB is in the playoffs, the other got his coach fired.

Let's talk AFC East. Seattle plays against a Buffalo level defense (or better) six times a year. Comparative strength of schedule, a quantifiable measure. Enough said.

The other fallacy that Pats fans have is that they honestly think they have the best secondary in the NFL. It's good, but they don't realized the talent gap until they play us. I really want to play the Pats because the matchups do intrigue me.

Gronk is as close to unstoppable as there is in the NFL right now. He'd get his 100 yards on us and probably a TD, but he wouldn't finish the game. He runs too upright and Kam would level him and put him out of the game.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
If we are fortunate enough for the matchup to happen Gronk is going to get his. There will be completions. The thing that Pats fans aren't considering is the ability for Brady to get him deep without getting serious pressure from one of the fastest pass rushing teams in the league.

I think that the Hawks offense would be more of a key factor in that matchup. Pound Pound and Pound. NE is no SF, AZ or STL on defense. BB could put together a solid plan, but Russell can just tear that up and throw it away.