DB Steven Terrell signed off practicesquad .... Hill to IR

Jville

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/johnpboyle/status/552601010636468224[/tweet]

Blitzer88

Reaction score
This hurts, this hurts real bad............. I no longer feel good about Saturday. Hill was a huge reason for our pass rush resurgence.

kidhawk

Reaction score
Staten (DT) signed to the Practice Squad as well

[tweet]https://twitter.com/Seahawks/status/552602986024042497[/tweet]

DrDix

Reaction score
Blitzer88":yq08u5av said:
This hurts, this hurts real bad............. I no longer feel good about Saturday. Hill was a huge reason for our pass rush resurgence.

He really wasn't. Watching the games, it's pretty clear he's benefitted from Bennett and Avril playing better. Most of his sacks have come from others generating pressure and him finishing it. Pete has said as much in his pressers.

Don't get me wrong, he has played very well, but he's certainly not the reason for our pass rush's success.

Ozzy

Reaction score
I hope you're right. This loss worries me a little.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
DrDix":22kuil42 said:
Blitzer88":22kuil42 said:

He really wasn't. Watching the games, it's pretty clear he's benefitted from Bennett and Avril playing better. Most of his sacks have come from others generating pressure and him finishing it. Pete has said as much in his pressers.

Don't get me wrong, he has played very well, but he's certainly not the reason for our pass rush's success.

On of the reasons Bennett and Avril had fewer sacks this year, despite playing more snaps, was due to the lack of an interior pass rush. Jordan Hill's resurgence in the last six games made it easier to finish off those pressures.

David King and Demarcus Dobbs are going to need to step up.

Bprez3

Reaction score
Dobbs and King will have to step up no question.

For those of us that will be in attendance. We also will need to step up to give those guys the extra step

jlwaters1

Reaction score
DrDix":3mdyj105 said:
Blitzer88":3mdyj105 said:

That's just it, he was "Finishing" for us. The main difference from the lack of sacks early in the year and late, is that we would get pressure but couldn't finish the play and get the QB on the ground. Hill was able to do that consistently. I'm very sad he won't be able to continue to contribute to the team. Though I think we'll be fine.

I'm excited to see what Dobbs can do.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
That really sucks. Alright Williams, McDaniels and co you got this

hawkfan68

Reaction score
oh no! Terrible Terrell is back....hope he doesn't get to play much. This guy was getting torched in preseason by Carr and the Raiders.

Bprez3

Reaction score
Terrell will probably be filling in for Johnson's role on Special Teams

Hawks46

Reaction score
Blitzer88":1c0pemz7 said:

Holy crap you're right. We're doomed !

I'm totally going to have to change my prediction on the game, call my bookie, and put it all on Carolina.

For realz.

marko358

Reaction score
Hawks46":shk9hp5g said:
Blitzer88":shk9hp5g said:

Holy crap you're right. We're doomed !

I'm totally going to have to change my prediction on the game, call my bookie, and put it all on Carolina.

For realz.
Haha. Seems like people thought we lost Reggie White in his prime. I get that he was beasting but we have the horses to continue curbstomping the opposition.

kearly

Reaction score
I don't think we'll miss Hill this week. Carolina has major protection issues.

It shouldn't be too hard for a different DT to step up. Hill did most of his damage cleaning up for Avril and Bennett. Dobbs looked good earlier this year.

I worry about interior pressure vs. Dallas if it comes to that. Hopefully it doesn't.