Worried about D-Line

jackflash50

Reaction score
Not sure about everyone else but the Jordan Hill injury worries me quite a bit. First they lose Mebane vs the run. Yes Kevin Williams has stepped up. Hill has been playing great vs the pass and filling the void left by Clint McDonald leaving. Who will step up in the Jordan Hill role?

OP
OP
J

jackflash50

Reaction score
I don't remember Hill getting injured until late in the game. Not a great measure of not missing a beat. Yes Dobbs should be back however Hill was playing at a high level in the NASCAR package.

kidhawk

Reaction score
One of my favorite things about our defensive system is how we rotate guys on that D-Line. This gives a lot of guys a lot of experience and at the same time, keeps the playmakers fresher than they otherwise might be. Hill was being used as more of a 3rd down passing Lineman. IMO he benefited greatly by having a guy like Bennett out there taking on multiple blockers often to free him up. I love the way Hill has stepped up, but I think we can get solid production out of Dobbs in a similar role. We may also draw up a few more blitzes. Newton isn't really known for his quick passing decisions, so this could play out well for us this week.

OP
OP
J

jackflash50

Reaction score
Also the chance Tukuafu could be put into the rotation more.
Sorry guys, this is coming from a guy who sat in the stands of MetLife with less than 8 min to go and was still biting my nails not convinced it was over.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
Let's be real, Seahawks lost a very good player in Jordan Hill.

But this pass rush is still much better than what we had two years ago @ Atlanta.

Its a pass rush that still get the job done.

How do you cover up Hill's absence?

1. Hope Dobbs, King, Tukuafu can step up?

2. Give more snaps to OBS in the base defense, moving Bennett inside more.

3. Sacrifice Bulk for Speed: Irvin and OBS with Bennett and Avril.

4. Get Jiggy With The Blitz: Bobby Wagner is a killer at executing the Zone Blitz

Wright has been decent.

And a month ago you saw the Seahawks dial up a CB Blitz with Burley.

Seahawks rarely blitz but doesn't mean that Quinn can't get creative in helping to dial up inside pressure.

But out of any of this..

I think Dobbs steps up.... he was playing well before injury... he's a very active defender and has great ball location skills.

Other than that we'll see what the team has on Saturday.

Also, would not surprise me to see a lot of movement i.e. stunting with McDaniel and K-Dubs.... McDaniel can 2 gap on occasion which allows Kevin Williams to pin his ears back and disrupt the pocket. Something he was elite at in his prime.

OP
OP
J

jackflash50

Reaction score
Schofield has played well all season & has a motor that never stops. So happy he failed his physical with the G-men and didn't leave.
I already told the wife to take the kids & go out Sat night because I don't want any distractions for this game.