Of the remaining 7 teams in the playoffs...

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Rank the ones that you believe pose the biggest threat of beating us in a head-to-head matchup

(Obviously left us out, since we technically can't play against ourselves)

For me it's as follows
1. Dallas
2. New England
3. Baltimore (Flacco = The new Eli?)
4. Denver
5. Green Bay (if Rodgers were 100% they'd be ahead of BAL and DEN)
6. Carolina
7. Indianapolis

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":cjzdkutq said:
Rank the ones that you believe pose the biggest threat of beating us in a head-to-head matchup

For me it's as follows
1. Dallas
2. New England
4. Denver
6. Carolina
7. Indianapolis

Still think its New England. Bill and Brady are masters of the game and were a play or two away from having 5 superbowl wins. Id love to see that matchup though. I think it would be a really close EPIC game and if we won we would of beat the 2 best QBs of this generation in Brady and Manning

Cartire

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":iougt3sx said:

For me it's as follows
1. Dallas
2. New England
4. Denver
6. Carolina
7. Indianapolis

Solid list. Switch 4. and 7. though. Nothing about Denver scares me right now with the way peyton is playing. Indy can win. Even with a mistake prone QB.

:thfight7: (btw, is it me, or does this emoji look racist? and is it ok if I think its funny because its an emoji?)

OP
OP
Hasselbeck

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Cartire":1hs8vd8p said:
Hasselbeck":1hs8vd8p said:

For me it's as follows
1. Dallas
2. New England
4. Denver
6. Carolina
7. Indianapolis

Solid list. Switch 4. and 7. though. Nothing about Denver scares me right now with the way peyton is playing. Indy can win. Even with a mistake prone QB.

:thfight7: (btw, is it me, or does this emoji look racist? and is it ok if I think its funny because its an emoji?)

I love Andrew Luck, and have been a staunch defender of him on .NET ... but there's no way the Colts beat the Seahawks IMO. You want to talk about a nightmare matchup for a team? An offense that has no running game and cannot stop the run = Seahawks blowout.

The Broncos at least have a running game this time around, and their defense is improved. Would it surprise me if they find a way to lose on Sunday against Indy? Not at all. But Seattle would be the absolute worst possible matchup for the Colts this time around.. even if they beat us last season.

kearly

Reaction score
It is just you Cartire.

1. Dallas
2. Indianapolis
3. Baltimore
4. Denver
5. New England
6. Green Bay
7. Carolina

Dallas goes without saying, they dominated Seattle earlier this season in Seattle, outgaining the Hawks almost 2 to 1. Seattle is a better team right now but you have to be concerned about what Dallas showed in that game. Unfortunately I think it is likely they will beat Green Bay with a gimpy Rodgers this weekend.

The Colts are a good-bad team, and they should get their asses kicked by Seattle if you just look at the stats. However, Andrew Luck is one of the few QBs who has the arm and accuracy to expose the weak spots in our cover three, and the Colts also have one of the best collections of deep threat players in the league. It will be impossible to stop them 100% of the time when they send four deep on the same play. Yeah, the Colts stole a win in 2013, but there were hard lessons from that game. Their offense scored 27, only three other teams scored more on the Hawks in the Wilson era, and they did so just barely.

Seattle would need to win a shootout against Indy unless Luck has a terrible game, and Seattle is more comfortable in a fist fight than a shootout. Indy has the best matchup advantage of any team in the NFL vs. Seattle's defense, we should be thankful that the rest of their team mostly sucks or else they'd be a major problem.

Baltimore has an elite run D and a QB who's the QB performance equivalent of Bruce Banner. They also have a great coach and a slasher RB who can turn a foot of space into 5 yards.

If Manning snaps out of his slump, the Broncos will be a much better team than the one that faced Seattle in XLVIII. They have a top five defense this year, and Anderson is playing well, though I think Seattle will shut him down. I kinda doubt the Broncos make it though. I think the winner of the Patriots/Ravens game will represent the AFC.

The Patriots are very good, but other than Gronk I don't really see any matchups that they own against Seattle.

Teams with speed own Green Bay, even when Rodgers is healthy, which he's not. Rodgers' numbers on the road were not great in 2014. If the Packers and Hawks both win, reserve your airfare for Glendale. Though, if Rodgers did beat Wilson somehow, at least QBs on Facebook would be a must read the next day.

The win streak version of Carolina has turned them into a poor man's Seahawks. Newton has the tools to beat Seattle, but not the accuracy. Unless the Panthers can run the ball on the league's #2 run defense somehow, they are truly screwed.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
1. New England
2.Phallus :16:
3. Baltimore
4. Denver
5. Green Bay
6. Indy
7. Carolina

chris98251

Reaction score
1. Carolina, not because they have a stacked team, they have a good defense that can keep the game close and funny bouncing balls happen. I also worry mostly how the officiating is going to fall and the fact we have had a layoff and seem to start slowly.

2. New England, They have the coach that can create and adapt, they have a QB that when it's money time has a history of finding a way to win.

3. Indianapolis, The anointed one, I worry again about how tight things could be called and like the last time allowing Luck to create a situation to win even with the 2 turnovers they seem to have every game.

4. Denver. I think we beat them 9 of 10 times, just where does that 1 game fall, don't think Manning's arm is right based on watching things, they have been using the run more, That could be an adaption and trying to work it more into the game plan, I hedge this way, makes opposition have to watch more plays and look for more keys come this time of year.

5. Green Bay, I think we match up well with them, our Run defense is better then the first game, our secondary is a whole lot deeper and no Percy to distract what our offensive game plan is.

6. Dallas, They will say all the wrong things, fire this team up and we were a M.A.S.H. unit the last time we played.

7. Baltimore. Not because they are bad, but because I think they are playing above themselves, Flacco will get the Manning treatment, Forsett is having a nice year, but I don't think it will carry over into the playoffs against top defenses. Too bad, it would be great to beat a Harbaugh in the Super Bowl, you know both will be there, it will be a two for one almost.

Vetamur

Reaction score
1. Dallas
2. Patriots
3. Green Bay
4. Ravens.

The other three I wont really both putting on the list..

brimsalabim

Reaction score
Kearly. Is that Dr. Bruce Banner or rapper Bruce Banner?

And right now I only worry about the Panthers.

halps80

Reaction score
I'd rather play Dallas than any other remaining team, simply because I can't see anyone beating us at home twice in one season.

pmedic920

Reaction score
All I'll say to this is....

I hope GB beats the boys.

I don't like the match up on the field AND I worry that what happened to the Lions will happen to us. ( officiating )

vonstout

Reaction score
:sarcasm_off: The team I fear the most is the zebras. :sarcasm_off:

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":by5holbu said:

For me it's as follows
1. Dallas
2. New England
4. Denver
6. Carolina
7. Indianapolis
Pretty decent list, mine would be...

1. Dallas
2. New England
3. Baltimore
4. Green Bay
5. Denver
6. Indianapolis
7. Carolina
8. Roger Goodell and his Merry Men (officials)
9. A meteor strike in the Clink tonight
10. A nuclear bomb explosion in Glendale February 1st

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":343r5lbi said:
1. Dallas
2. New England
3. Baltimore
4. Green Bay
5. Denver
6. Indianapolis
7. Carolina
Sure you don't want them at number one?

Ruminator

Reaction score
I'd rather meet New England than Balty in the SB. I guess that means I consider Balty the bigger threat. Don't think NE is as good as many purport. Can't remember specific reasons given, but do remember many fans on a Pats discussion board being frank about their team's weaknesses and hoping they meet any team but the Seahawks in the SB.

Edit: Sure, maybe most or all other teams could say the same thing, but Pat fans were surprisingly frank about the fact the Pats aren't all that despite their 12-4 record.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":3u2vgqjl said:
MizzouHawkGal":3u2vgqjl said:
1. Dallas
2. New England
3. Baltimore
4. Green Bay
5. Denver
6. Indianapolis
7. Carolina
Sure you don't want them at number one?
I suppose I should have used those sarcasm signs for that one. :mrgreen:

bigskydoc

Reaction score
1 - Cowboys
2 - Ravens
3 - Packers
4 - Patriots
5 - Broncos
6 - Colts