Man, 47% increase in my costs to get MY season season seats

Marlin Man

Reaction score
for each of these two seasons!!! Man they sure do like us 12th "team member"-what a joke

Yeah I know we all (98% anyway) renewed our seats for the playoffs- NO MATTER WHAT

But good god man 47% increase_ what gives with the big thank you for supporting them all these years when you could not even give away a seat.

Hell man, it's not like LAST year's price wasn't already WAY high, then you jerk them another 47% in one year? What next $15 beer and $900 for the seat?

hawks4thewin

Reaction score
where do you get your tickets that cost so much? mine didn't go up 47% mine went up like 5 bucks or something

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
$15 for a bear seems like a good deal, as long as it's not Jay Cutler. 8)

IBleedBlueAndGreen

Reaction score
I've had mine go up less than 20% over the last two years. In fact I've had the same seats for 10 years now and it's only barely gone up 47% in total over those 10 years.

Are you talking about playoff tickets being more expensive than the regular season?

canhawkfan

Reaction score
when Paul Allen bought the team there were seats offered at $10 per game or $100 for season tickets per seat.
this same seat is now $51 per game 16 years later.
the location I have now is almost identical to where I sat in the kingdome, but the sight line is way better.

OP
OP
M

Marlin Man

Reaction score
From Last years cost to this years cost

2013 NFC Game versus the same seats at the 2014 NFC Game.

47% differance

JSeahawks

Reaction score
canhawkfan":2hz6kltk said:
when Paul Allen bought the team there were seats offered at $10 per game or $100 for season tickets per seat.

This was my first season ticket. Old kingdome, 2nd row from the top, 30 yard line.

canhawkfan

Reaction score
not sure where your seats are MarlinMan but my seat is the same this year as last year $102
there is a small discount for season ticket holders prior to 2007 I think.

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
I sure don't think mine have gone up that much. I just emailed my ticket rep for a copy of last year's invoices so I can compare.

seahawk Dan

Reaction score
Jazzhawk":1a863w4s said:
I sure don't think mine have gone up that much. I just emailed my ticket rep for a copy of last year's invoices so I can compare.

I have been a season ticket holder since 1987 and I have found the playoff tickets to go up a lot , more than regular season I say season tickets have maybe gone up 18% over the last 2 years , but the playoff tickets yea I say over 40%

Seahawks25

Reaction score
Correct, regular season games are Seahawk events and pricing is set by the Seahawks. Play-off games are NFL events and the NFL sets the price.

Ballspiker

Reaction score
Try NOT being a season ticket holder - then you can complain about ticket prices. I paid almost $400 each for two tix to the season finale. Face value of the tickets? $110 each sold to me for $330. A 300% gain for the season ticket holder and NFL ticket exchange charged another $65 per ticket. Cost to me was $395 per.

It'd be great if there were a cap on resales, but until then, people are going to get gouged like hell. Supply and demand, indeed.

seahawks08

Reaction score
I do see going to a game is getting more expensive, the parking, the ticket and the beverages and food. Even if the actual price of the ticket does not go up, everything around it is going up. A game for father and son is now costing around 350 dollars on average, but I can't complain! Playing at home, 1 Seed, priceless!

HawkGA

Reaction score
Ballspiker":1g9rzkjk said:
Try NOT being a season ticket holder - then you can complain about ticket prices. I paid almost $400 each for two tix to the season finale. Face value of the tickets? $110 each sold to me for $330. A 300% gain for the season ticket holder and NFL ticket exchange charged another $65 per ticket. Cost to me was $395 per.

It'd be great if there were a cap on resales, but until then, people are going to get gouged like hell. Supply and demand, indeed.

Why is it gouging if you willingly paid it? The only people really getting ripped off in this case is the team who sold it at below market value. Butt that was there choice so really, no harm no foul.

KARAVARUS

Reaction score
Sorry for the off-topic post, but how do I get on the list for season tickets? I know it's a long wait, but I want on the list. Please help me figure it out. Do I have to pay $100 to even be put on the list through Blue Pride?

Hawkfish

Reaction score
My seats have now doubled in the last 20 years. $44 in 1994, $89 now. Killer deal!

Latest posts