News from enemy territory...

fan4life

Reaction score
The sports news tonight here in Badgerland has Diva Rodgers and his coach singing different tunes. The QB tells reporters his leg feels, "about the same as last week, maybe a little worse." Meanwhile, coach Mike McCarthy says his QB, "will be good to go when we need him."

Would appear that the QB is trying to shield fans from expecting too much from him, while MM is trying to keep fans (and possibly the rest of the team) from giving up the fight before it begins.

One thing is obvious: all is not well in cheeseheadland.

ptisme

Reaction score
fan4life":tmoqi9se said:
The sports news tonight here in Badgerland has Diva Rodgers and his coach singing different tunes. The QB tells reporters his leg feels, "about the same as last week, maybe a little worse." Meanwhile, coach Mike McCarthy says his QB, "will be good to go when we need him."

Would appear that the QB is trying to shield fans from expecting too much from him, while MM is trying to keep fans (and possibly the rest of the team) from giving up the fight before it begins.

I respect Russel Wilson and the Seahawks. Most Seahawks fans, while they realize they have a better over all team right now, respect Rodgers as being both very good and very tough... He's a super bowl MVP and a soon to be two time league MVP so show him some respect. Save your "diva" bullshlt for Jay Cutler... That goes for insisting on calling him "Erin" as well.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
They totally are sandbagging. He's loving every bit of the "hero" stuff he's getting. He's the best QB in football, and he's not stupid. I honestly think he's hurt, a little bit, but not nearly as much as he or they are building it up as.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
ptisme":3nig8om0 said:
That goes for insisting on calling him "Erin" as well.
I used to like Aaron Rodgers. Then I saw how he kept whining like a petulant child after the Fail Mary game to media in Nowhere Green Bay for MONTHS after that game, bringing it up out of nowhere repeatedly, all while ignoring that his only TD came off a drive where a 100% bogus PI call against Kam Chancellor on 3rd down at midfield that would have led to a punt preventing you from ever taking the lead in the first place screwed us.

Erin Rodgers it is, evermore. He earned it of his own accord. Sorry, I know facts can be inconvenient.

tacomahawk

Reaction score
ptisme":27vxubq0 said:
fan4life":27vxubq0 said:

I respect Russel Wilson and the Seahawks. Most Seahawks fans, while they realize they have a better over all team right now, respect Rodgers as being both very good and very tough... He's a super bowl MVP and a soon to be two time league MVP so show him some respect. Save your "diva" bullshlt for Jay Cutler... That goes for insisting on calling him "Erin" as well.

I really do respect Erin, I thought he and the team showed a lot of class at the end of a certain game played in 2012. On second thought, umm no that wasn't class that was totally a douchy DIVA move. Sorry that you won't agree. Damn here I go lying again. Nope don't care, Erin is a DIVA.

ptisme

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":1ctzo40g said:
ptisme":1ctzo40g said:
I used to like Aaron Rodgers. Then I saw how he kept whining like a petulant child after the Fail Mary game to media in Nowhere Green Bay for MONTHS after that game, bringing it up out of nowhere repeatedly, all while ignoring that his only TD came off a drive where a 100% bogus PI call against Kam Chancellor on 3rd down at midfield that would have led to a punt preventing you from ever taking the lead in the first place screwed us.

Erin Rodgers it is, evermore. He earned it of his own accord. Sorry, I know facts can be inconvenient.
The only time I really hear that play get brought up any more is on this forum.... I actually never heard Rodgers discuss it unless he was asked about it... Time to move on....

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
ptisme":2syip1ka said:
The only time I really hear that play get brought up any more is on this forum.... I actually never heard Rodgers discuss it unless he was asked about it... Time to move on....
And if you want to keep that illusion going, don't go listen to all of Rodgers' radio and TV interviews for the remainder of that season following the game, including local radio stuff around Wisconsin.

Packer_junkie

Reaction score
Seahawk Sailor":fnvwoqqm said:
Let's keep the rhetoric here civil, folks. We have enough chest-beating threads in the Shack for that kind of nonsense. Let's talk X's and O's, game planning, match-ups, and strategy here.

I've been looking for this all week but maybe I'm in the wrong place. Seems this forum is for pounding your chest, making up fake stats and name calling and cussing opponents and their fans. And no, I'm not butthurt, just suprised at the overall immaturity and lack of class in this place

Reaneypark

Reaction score
The Hawks need to go in with the mindset that he's 100 percent. I wouldn't trust anything that's said in the media.

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
Packer_junkie":1z4lqitp said:
Seahawk Sailor":1z4lqitp said:
Let's keep the rhetoric here civil, folks. We have enough chest-beating threads in the Shack for that kind of nonsense. Let's talk X's and O's, game planning, match-ups, and strategy here.

I've been looking for this all week but maybe I'm in the wrong place. Seems this forum is for pounding your chest, making up fake stats and name calling and cussing opponents and their fans. And no, I'm not butthurt, just suprised at the overall immaturity and lack of class in this place

No, we have a number of people--on both sides of the ball--who can't seem to keep their rhetoric in their pants outside the Shack. It's the Internet, so janitorial duty 'round here sometimes sucks. Especially during the playoffs when things matter more. We also have a number of folks with a decent knowledge of the game and the teams, who post some pretty good breakdowns, analysis, and prognostication. Engage them instead.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
There is more than enough evidence that the guy can be a little prickly and self absorbed.

But....he is an incredible, stellar QB.

He might be the best QB in the NFL, just does not usually have the team depth that others have.

Is he looking to milk the "Willis Reed" angle? Of course. Take every advantage you can.

But there is no way that he is not an incredible opponent worthy of whatever respect fear an opposing fan can muster.

It doesn't matter if he is a jerk or not, he is one of the best players in the NFL and someone to be wary of if this team wants to advance. They need to gameplan on him being healthy.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
ptisme":1sa16ben said:
fan4life":1sa16ben said:

You are a opposing team's fan and guest here, telling people what they can and can't do won't go over well, and odds are your stay here will be extremely short if that attitude keeps up. We have a brand new mod here that cannot wait to break in his brand new "ban hammer", so you may want to slow your roll.

CANHawk

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":3f5uvmcf said:
ptisme":3f5uvmcf said:
fan4life":3f5uvmcf said:

You are a opposing team's fan and guest here, telling people what they can and can't do won't go over well, and odds are your stay here will be extremely short if that attitude keeps up. We have a brand new mod here that cannot wait to break in his brand new "ban hammer", so u may want to slow your roll.

No shit! Who this guy think he is? Kim Jong Un!? This is 'Merica pal! Love it or leave it!

USA! USA! USA!

harryjohnson

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":dlgh4kbx said:
ptisme":dlgh4kbx said:

This!

And one other thing that's not being mentioned here. The game earlier this year, he looked totally scared. The rush got to him, huge. I have never seen that with him ever before.

irocdave

Reaction score
AR is a great QB and it's obvious he is injured. Hawks fans claiming he's a drama queen ( the Rapist on the Stealers comes to mind when this is mentioned..) are just taking potshots at Packers fans. If that's not the case then or own fans are displaying NFL ignorance on an obvious level. Dude is hurt and is taking pain killing shots to play. People that play down that situation don't have many life experiences and will get an idea of what that's like in their 40's, karma is coming for them.

I don't doubt for one minute that the HC and best player on the team see the players injury differently though. Imagine having to take numerous painkilling shots just to perform your job at a level much lower than your used to also knowing that your injury could become much worse. Pain is telling you to stop, get off it and rest. The shot is an attempt to tell your body it's OK, for now but your mind knows better. Actually, your mind is telling you your twisted for believing anything different.

253hawk

Reaction score
I don't know. Watched the NFL Replay today and he was almost literally walking around back in the pocket; he couldn't run at all. And that was after a full 2 weeks off. It didn't look like it'd healed any.

Seattle has put some serious pressure on him the past couple of times they've played and he's going to have to move quickly on Sunday or it's not going to be pretty. To play 3 consecutive games at a high level and win with that kind of limitation doesn't seem likely, especially when you're going up against the world champs with the undisputed #1 defense on their turf.

OP
OP
fan4life

fan4life

Reaction score
ptisme":3ccgfp11 said:
fan4life":3ccgfp11 said:

I didn't say Rodgers isn't a good QB: I called him a diva - which, in my opinion, he is. Save your indignation for your fellow Packer fans, cheesehead. I owe him no more respect than I give any other overpaid, over-pampered and coddled athlete who makes millions of dollars playing a game he loves. In fact, the biggest difference between Aaron Rodgers and Jay Cutler is that one guy had the good fortune to land in a pretty sweet working environment, while the other works for a very bad organization. I personally think Jay Cutler deserves a heck of a lot more 'respect' than your golden boy, for having to play with a potentially debilitating physical challenge (diabetes) that many actually die from, without using it as an excuse for his poor play.

No, I save my respect for people who overcome obstacles that most never have to face; save lives and/or work hard to make life better for others.

Good luck on Sunday. If your team shows up healthy and ready to ball hard, it should be a good game. Personally, I hope AR isn't tempted (or pushed by the organization) to take shots that might put him at serious risk of long-term injury (or even next season.) But he's a big boy and will make his own decision about what to do.

Whatever happens with your star QB, I'll watch the game and be happy if my Seahawks win, sad if they don't. I'll cheer the great plays, and curse the bad ones. But one thing I won't do is respect either team or any individual athlete any more or any less, whatever the outcome.