Is anyone already making SB plans?

Jebediah-Hawkfan

Reaction score
I already booked flights out to AZ and eager to buy SB tix. I dont expect any challenge from the Packers at all Sunday. The Panthers were more worthy of a fight than these jokers coming up. As the Panthers had a pretty good D. Rodgers he has one leg and they barley beat the cowboys on the stupid rule of a catch.

MesquiteHawk

Reaction score
I am not planning to go to Arizona, but I am going to plan a trip to Seattle. I actually think it will be a better atmosphere there, and a lot cheaper.

I am hoping to get some good ideas about where to go for a ticketed Super Bowl party. I read that Spitfire was the best place to watch the game last year, but I do not know if it is first come first served, or if you pre-buy tickets.

Vetamur

Reaction score
I sort of have.. Ive made sure i have a place to crash in Phoenix. An old man from my home town actually now works security in the stadium so he is hooking me up with a few benefits if I go.

Also arranged a deal to pool my ticket lottery chances with someone so if either of us wins the right to buy tickets the other gets to buy the second. No chance to get a second ticket, but double the chances , roughly, to get one!

YYZHawksFan

Reaction score
why not. you can make all the plans you want as long as you can cancel at minimal or no cost and don't actually buy tickets now since they are at the high point based on the last 4 SB's and the stats on the same. so buying SB tickets now is not only stupid based on the fact that anything can happen on any given sunday...but also because they will go down in price, i will guarantee you that.

JonRud

Reaction score
I will admit I have looked at some flights from NJ to Phoenix but I would not book anything until we get through Sunday. Much different than last year when the game was 40 minutes from my house so all I needed was a game ticket!

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
I have a place to stay in Arizona already lined up. Still looking at airfare.

Tickets is just awholenother story, still waiting on a couple friends to commit.

E.Lacy27

Reaction score
Jebediah-Hawkfan":3731ql2g said:
I already booked flights out to AZ and eager to buy SB tix. I dont expect any challenge from the Packers at all Sunday. The Panthers were more worthy of a fight than these jokers coming up. As the Panthers had a pretty good D. Rodgers he has one leg and they barley beat the cowboys on the stupid rule of a catch.

A team with a losing record but still made it in and the Packers beat badly this year were a better challenge?

And hardly beating Dallas also means they aren't good? You mean a 12-4 team that also won in Seattle was not a good team?

This post is ridiculous.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
E.Lacy27":2s8nm0vm said:
Jebediah-Hawkfan":2s8nm0vm said:

A team with a losing record but still made it in and the Packers beat badly this year were a better challenge?

And hardly beating Dallas also means they aren't good? You mean a 12-4 team that also won in Seattle was not a good team?

This post is ridiculous.

why bother with it then?

andyh64000

Reaction score
I booked flights, hotel, and rental car 5 minutes after we beat Arizona. I can cancel the flight and the car at no cost but the hotel was full prepay for 3 nights.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
E.Lacy27":1rdbqcu2 said:
Jebediah-Hawkfan":1rdbqcu2 said:

This post is ridiculous.

It's not really ridiculous at all. Certain teams matchup better with the Seahawks than others. The Panthers have given us fits for the last 3 seasons because they're a very physical team with an imposing front 7.

The Packers are not that type of team. Take it as a slight if you wish, but the more finesse pass happy teams typically don't fare nearly as well as the physical, smashmouth teams do. That's why the 49ers were so imposing until they self destructed this year, the Panthers, the Rams, even the Cowboys with their offensive line.

You guys also caught the Panthers at a different time than Seattle just did.

I will say writing the Packers off as some garbage team is also woefully off.. but teams like the Seahawks are not the ideal matchup for you guys

kjreid

Reaction score
I have my flight and a place to stay, I plan on playing powerball, mega milliions and the Super bowl lottery for season ticket holders, if I win any of those three I will be at the game. If not it will be a very expensive game to be at.

E.Lacy27

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":3nqqh0rx said:
E.Lacy27":3nqqh0rx said:
Jebediah-Hawkfan":3nqqh0rx said:

This post is ridiculous.

It's not really ridiculous at all. Certain teams matchup better with the Seahawks than others. The Panthers have given us fits for the last 3 seasons because they're a very physical team with an imposing front 7.

The Packers are not that type of team. Take it as a slight if you wish, but the more finesse pass happy teams typically don't fare nearly as well as the physical, smashmouth teams do. That's why the 49ers were so imposing until they self destructed this year, the Panthers, the Rams, even the Cowboys with their offensive line.

I will say writing the Packers off as some garbage team is also woefully off.. but teams like the Seahawks are not the ideal matchup for you guys

The way you justified it before was ridiculous by acting like hardly beating a good Dallas team makes the Packers not good.

Also, The Packers just ran the pall down the throat of the best run defense in the league. Then just defeated one of the smashmouth teams you just listed. The Packers are not as finesse as you think.

Cam Newton is a turnover machine with an offense that is okay. The Packers and Panthers are not nearly the same level of team, regardless of matchups vs. Seattle.

daveCFPrez

Reaction score
Hawkfan77":2boa40gr said:
I have a place to stay in Arizona already lined up. Still looking at airfare.

Tickets is just awholenother story, still waiting on a couple friends to commit.

^ THIS!

Damn Alaska Air charging over $1k round trip from Sea to Phx. Looking into flying into Vega$ and driving for $600. cheaper.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
E.Lacy27":1b5pozde said:
Hasselbeck":1b5pozde said:
E.Lacy27":1b5pozde said:
Jebediah-Hawkfan":1b5pozde said:

This post is ridiculous.

The way you justified it before was ridiculous by acting like hardly beating a good Dallas team makes the Packers not good.

Also, The Packers just ran the pall down the throat of the best run defense in the league. Then just defeated one of the smashmouth teams you just listed. The Packers are not as finesse as you think.

Cam Newton is a turnover machine with an offense that is okay. The Packers and Panthers are not nearly the same level of team, regardless of matchups vs. Seattle.

119 total rush yards is "running the ball down the throat" of another team?

ffs... get a grip kid. dont call people out for exaggerating one thing and do the other yourself.

you were an unfortunate rule away from needing a 2 minute scoring drive to win, at home, with two weeks rest.

E.Lacy27

Reaction score
Uncle Si":3zvcm4y3 said:
E.Lacy27":3zvcm4y3 said:
Hasselbeck":3zvcm4y3 said:
E.Lacy27":3zvcm4y3 said:

This post is ridiculous.

ffs... get a grip kid. dont call people out for exaggerating one thing and do the other yourself.

you were an unfortunate rule away from needing a 2 minute scoring drive to win, at home, with two weeks rest.

Dallas is not the best run defense in the league. Detroit was, who gave up 70 a game and the Packers got about 150. I figured saying best run defense in the league would be a big enough indicator that I was talking about Detroit, considering they were the only best run defense in the league.

Also, as I've said to another poster. Dallas is a good team, something Seahawks fans definitely should know. It's not like beating them in a close game is awful by any means.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
E.Lacy27":mu4piumq said:
Uncle Si":mu4piumq said:
E.Lacy27":mu4piumq said:
Hasselbeck":mu4piumq said:

This post is ridiculous.

Dallas is not the best run defense in the league. Detroit was, who gave up 70 a game and the Packers got about 150. I figured saying best run defense in the league would be a big enough indicator that I was talking about Detroit, considering they were the only best run defense in the league.

Also, as I've said to another poster. Dallas is a good team, something Seahawks fans definitely should know. It's not like beating them in a close game is awful by any means.

you said "just", so you can see some confusion. 152 yards of total rushing is good against that D... "running it down a team's throat" though?

you seem to be hanging on the hyperbole of posts as some sort of indication of a lack of class or respect of knowledge.

people are trying to have some fun as well as talk. its exciting, for both teams.

the game will hinge on whether Green bay can run. if they can, Green bay will score. If they score, Seattle will have to match. I believe the Seahawks superior run offense, balanced passing attack and #1 D is enough to win a game at home.

and Dallas sucks. not because they arent good, but because they are Dallas. surely you understand noone is going to acknowledge that. I would imagine 125% of this board was rooting for the Packers on Sunday just because the Cowboys were a bad matchup for the Seahawks

enjoy it, throw a little back.

E.Lacy27

Reaction score
Uncle Si":1ay5h0hx said:
Uncle Si":1ay5h0hx said:
E.Lacy27":1ay5h0hx said:
Hasselbeck":1ay5h0hx said:

you said "just", so you can see some confusion. 152 yards of total rushing is good against that D... "running it down a team's throat" though?

you seem to be hanging on the hyperbole of posts as some sort of indication of a lack of class or respect of knowledge.

people are trying to have some fun as well as talk. its exciting, for both teams.

the game will hinge on whether Green bay can run. if they can, Green bay will score. If they score, Seattle will have to match. I believe the Seahawks superior run offense, balanced passing attack and #1 D is enough to win a game at home.

and Dallas sucks. not because they arent good, but because they are Dallas. surely you understand noone is going to acknowledge that. I would imagine 125% of this board was rooting for the Packers on Sunday just because the Cowboys were a bad matchup for the Seahawks

enjoy it, throw a little back.

Yeah, more than doubling a team's average rushing against is running it down the throat to me. You can disagree if you want.

Teams that suck do not go 12-4, win in Seattle, and have a close game in Green Bay.

NorthVanHawker

Reaction score
This thread sure got hijacked...I thought it was a Super Bowl plans thread??? Guess the bigger penis contest had to find its way in here....