Random Thoughts™ on the Broncos SB slaughterfest

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
Another thing I noticed yesterday was that our NASCAR Package seemed to be in the game a lot. After Moreno got shut down (just like I predicted!) by even our 'small' lineup, there were a lot more doses of pass rushers like Schofield.

Seeker

Reaction score
excellent article, I feel like a big topic coming up is gonna be "did the broncos quit"
peyton had a great game considering that defense and judging a legacy on superbowls is insane. I hate the media.

RichNhansom

Reaction score
Another fantastic write up. Thanks again Kearly.

A couple thoughts.

On the officiating I just felt like they were trying to not let the game get out of hand. The NFL doesn't benefit from blow outs and in the biggest game of the year having one team completely demoralize the other kind of takes away some of the NFL's credibility regarding parody.

The one thing that bothered me on the challenge was that we lost a time out do to it and the ability to have a 3rd challenge if needed. Fortunately we didn't need it but the way I understand the challenge is Pete challenged the spot and in fact he was correct. They acknowledged the spot was wrong and moved it to were they thought it should be. It ended up being short of a 1st down but that doesn't change the fact his challenge was correct about ball placement.

Malcom Smith getting MVP is pretty much symbolic of this team. This rag tag set of throw aways that most teams didn't acknowledge has become one of the best units ever assembled on a football field. Giving the MVP trophy to what most NFL fans would say "who is that?" is right in line with how this team has been assembled.

So absolutely proud of the 12th man. Unbelievable what they did this year and in the super bowl. A huge amount of credit needs to go to Pete Carroll and the team. They didn't just appreciate the fans, they embodied it and made the 12th man believe that they are a real part of this legacy. I honestly believe they wanted to win it not just for themselves and the team but for us 12's.

Again thanks for taking the time all season long to do these write ups. They have been the highlight for most of us all year and now we have to wait forever for the next one.

Go Hawks.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
By the way, I expect a big rosterbation post in the next couple of hours.

You know kearly has had it ready for like 3 weeks.

ivotuk

Reaction score
How can Peyton choke when he set a SuperB Owl record for completions and D Thomas set a record for receptions?

And why did Pete get charged a time out when they actually realized they spotted the ball in the wrong spot, but even in doing so still didn't give Russell a first down?

What I love about this game, we beat Denver, and the referees. They tried to influence the game early and when it didn't work, gave up.

Anthony!

Reaction score
Hawk n Load":1o42ky7w said:
Regarding the MVP choice, I think you simply had to go with defense. A thinking man could've made the case for Kam, and a contrarian the case for Avril, but Malcolm Smith definitely deserved it.

Had Harvin scored another TD, he might've gotten it.

Wilson? He was brilliant. But his TDs came when the game was already done, and while he was clutch, he did struggle early in the red zone. I know you've long loved RWIII, but as a team win, the MVP is most fitting with a role player from this d.

Yeah I do not agree with you assessment on Rw what Rw did was lead scoring drives that kept Denver off the field, we scored on both of our drives in the first quarter, ate up over 11 minutes of the first qtr allowing our defense to rest. Also what turned out to be the game winning drive as a 4 minutes scoring drive led by RW with a rushing td to lynch. What killed the first 2 drives from being more than FG was 2 o-line penalties. I am fine with who got the MVP and feel it could have gone to a few people, but lets not under play what he did, he was fantastic and was deserving of MVP, but again I am fine with who got it as it could have gone to a few people.

Northhawk

Reaction score
One thing that helped me to deal with the nerves was to not watch, read or listen to any pre-game shows. I literally turned it on at the coin toss much better than listening to pundits popping off.

BlueTalon":jno2ag8n said:
kearly":jno2ag8n said:
I know this sounds crazy, but about 30 minutes before kickoff I felt totally relaxed, and honestly, this game felt like it went entirely to plan from start to finish. It just felt like a totally normal game that actually just went the way it was supposed to for once without any batshit crazy random detours from hell. I couldn't believe how unremarkable it felt. It was the least stressful game of the entire season. And when Seattle won, there was no emotion. It just kind of felt like, "alright, one down." Maybe it's because our team is full of robots and cold blooded serial killers that I've learned to trust them when they are clearly playing their brand of football.
I don't think it's crazy. I have been this way for two weeks. After the clock ran out on the NFCCG two weeks ago, I never felt the same euphoria and adrenaline about going to the Super Bowl as I did after beating the Panthers. I thought it was kinda weird, and it surprised me actually, but emotionally I felt like this was just the way things are supposed to be.

I thought I would start getting anxious and excited a few days before the game, and then I didn't. Then I thought I would feel it a few hours before the game, and that didn't happen either. When the game started, I felt all the same thrills I feel during a normal winning effort. And even now, as I sit here typing, I don't feel anything extra. But I started having moments during the game and afterward where it felt like someone was goosing my adrenal gland and I couldn't stop grinning like an idiot, so I think it's really going to hit me probably tomorrow.

Thanks for taking the time to write your random thoughts. It's always a good read, and I appreciate your efforts.

JimZornsCorn

Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm an old bastard following our beloved team since the beginning. Spent many a game at the Kingdome watching Zorn and then Krieg to Largent. Trying to get my arms around the fact that the Seattle Seahawks are the Super Bowl Champions. Finally! And holy crap, what fashion did they do it in, too! Amazing! Kudos to Coach Carroll, Russell Wilson, Beast Mode Lynch and the Legion of friggin' Boom!

Say it with me: SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS SEATTLE SEAHAWKS!!!

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
I love this thread showing up after games. I am a constant worrier so I might have been the Thomas fumble and recovery by Smith before I truly relaxed. Even at halftime, I was feeling good but I was thinking that our offense had not run a meaningful play in about 12 minutes of game time and close to an hour of actual time. What if they come out cold, have a 3 and out and the Broncos score? Now it's 22-7. My sister texted me and asked me I could relax in the 2nd half and I told about Manning and their offense and how it was not safe. A minute later Percy takes it to the house.

Did you guys notice that on Smith's TD, Moreno was not gaining on him? Now that is great LB speed. We've seen our defense do this to other offenses all year. But I had no idea they could do this to the Bronco D.

Happypuppy

Reaction score
Well thought out post and a great read. I did like the pre Superbowl comment about Seattle that IMO set the tone by Irvin. He said Seattle would bring the pain and they did in every hit

Rocket

Reaction score
"What amazed me was just how routine this felt. We got one, but it just feels like the first of many. "

Exactimundo...

formido

Reaction score
Great post as always, mirroring many of my own observations. The non-overturn on the review of Wilson's 1st down conversion was dumbfounding. Do they not know the rules of football? Do I not know them? Isn't it where the ball is when it passes the vertical plane of the sideline?

shiva1008

Reaction score
Yeah I had a similar experience watching this game. I was expecting dominance from the Seahawks and that's what happened. Right from the first botched snap I was like, are they even gonna give us a game? lol

Turns out all the epic games came earlier in the season. And like others were saying at the time, the 49ers were the closest to being a worthy adversary, they were the 2nd best in the NFL. This didn't have that epic battle feel to it, it was more like a party watching the Seahawks dominate and get their national recognition. I would have liked for them to have more of their starters, but it wouldn't have mattered that much. The Bronc's just weren't ready for the Seahawks level of physicality and their relentlessness.

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
formido":2luutzs0 said:
Great post as always, mirroring many of my own observations. The non-overturn on the review of Wilson's 1st down conversion was dumbfounding. Do they not know the rules of football? Do I not know them? Isn't it where the ball is when it passes the vertical plane of the sideline?

Not that it matters now but even with them moving the spot I still don't think they got it right. The rule is even if the replay shows that the ball should have been spotted further ahead, unless the corrected spot gives you a first down, you are deemed to have lost the challenge and lose that challenge and a time-out. I really think that Wilson got the first and fully supported teh challenge

Largent80

Reaction score
Hawks scored td's on offense, defense, and special teams. 4 fumbles and 2 INT's for the Denver Mannings....Hahahahahaha

I have always wanted to sing along with Freddy Mercury, and now I feel I can, and MEAN it.

[youtube]04854XqcfCY[/youtube]

Smellyman

Reaction score
Anthony!":2zt55f3i said:
Hawk n Load":2zt55f3i said:
Regarding the MVP choice, I think you simply had to go with defense. A thinking man could've made the case for Kam, and a contrarian the case for Avril, but Malcolm Smith definitely deserved it.

Had Harvin scored another TD, he might've gotten it.

Wilson? He was brilliant. But his TDs came when the game was already done, and while he was clutch, he did struggle early in the red zone. I know you've long loved RWIII, but as a team win, the MVP is most fitting with a role player from this d.

Yeah I do not agree with you assessment on Rw what Rw did was lead scoring drives that kept Denver off the field, we scored on both of our drives in the first quarter, ate up over 11 minutes of the first qtr allowing our defense to rest. Also what turned out to be the game winning drive as a 4 minutes scoring drive led by RW with a rushing td to lynch. What killed the first 2 drives from being more than FG was 2 o-line penalties. I am fine with who got the MVP and feel it could have gone to a few people, but lets not under play what he did, he was fantastic and was deserving of MVP, but again I am fine with who got it as it could have gone to a few people.

Not only that, but I still think he got that first down on the run that got reviewed. That was the first FG.

The second FG the holding call really screwed it up, but it was still a dropped pass(good Defensive play) by Kearse in the endzone.

They were both really great drives.