Former NFL players reaction to DeflateGate and Brady

EasleyMemories

Reaction score
“It’s obvious that Tom Brady had something to do with this,”
- Troy Aikman

"That would have to be driven by the quarterback," "That's something that wouldn't be driven by a coach or just the equipment guy. Nobody, not even the head coach, would do anything to a football unilaterally, such as adjust the amount of pressure in a ball, without the quarterback not knowing. It would have to be the quarterback's idea."
- John Madden

“Tom Brady knows exactly what was done to the ball or what wasn’t done with the ball as every other quarterback in the National Football League (does). . . . Nobody is going to touch the ball in that locker room but Tom Brady.
“I thought in the press conference he was very uncomfortable because he knows,”
- Fran Tarkenton

"It's cheating," "Regardless of how you may want to spin it.
- Hines Ward

"I think you have to really put an asterisk on it, because this is going to follow them, you know, for the rest of their lives,”
- Jerry Rice

“I’m disappointed in you, Tom Brady” ... “I can’t believe — I needed to take a sip of water,” Bettis said. “I could not believe what I heard. I’m so disappointed. I thought this was the perfect opportunity for Tom Brady to go and say, ‘you know what? I made a mistake. I blew it. It’s on me. I’ll take the blame here and this will go away.’ He didn’t do that.”
- Jerome Bettis

“I did not believe what Tom had to say. Those balls were deflated. Somebody had to do it and I don’t believe there’s an equipment manager in the NFL that would on his own initiative deflate a ball without the starting quarterback’s approval. I just didn’t believe what Tom Brady had to say.”
- Mark Brunell

“It’s unbelievable for you not to know what you touch every play.”
- Brian Dawkins

aawolf

Reaction score
Brady said he's not talked to the NFL. Quite an "investigation" the NFL is doing on this scandal. Probably like the Ray Rice fiasco:

NFL: So, Tom, did you do anything wrong?

Brady: No.

NFL: OK, we believe you. I guess that covers everything we're supposed to do here. He said no, after all. No point in wasting time conducting an actual investigation.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
aawolf":35hmealc said:
Brady said he's not talked to the NFL. Quite an "investigation" the NFL is doing on this scandal. Probably like the Ray Rice fiasco:

NFL: OK, we believe you. I guess that covers everything we're supposed to do here. He said no, after all. No point in wasting time conducting an actual investigation.
The vast majority of criminal investigations, as an example, involve investigating everything AROUND a main suspect. You do a lot of fact-finding before you try to convict. Just sayin'.

minormillikin

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":1h8auggt said:
peachesenregalia":1h8auggt said:
In before the move! (To the NFL forum)
Not sure why it'd get moved, the Patriots are our next opponent.

This has nothing to do with our game against the Patriots. On Super Bowl Sunday, every ball in the entire state of Arizona will be inflated exactly to NFL specifications.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
minormillikin":3r4erthd said:
This has nothing to do with our game against the Patriots. On Super Bowl Sunday, every ball in the entire state of Arizona will be inflated exactly to NFL specifications.
It's about our next opponent. Traditionally, virtually anything relating to the upcoming opponent is allowed in the main forum.

*shrug*

aawolf

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":ovs3x3ao said:
aawolf":ovs3x3ao said:

The vast majority of criminal investigations, as an example, involve investigating everything AROUND a main suspect. You do a lot of fact-finding before you try to convict. Just sayin'.

Reported to the NFL on Sunday, investigation opened on Monday. On Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and part of Thursday, they have an opportunity to contact the people. Usually, in police investigations, you bring the suspect in ASAP, get his statements, and verify or poke holes in his accounts with those people "around" the main suspect. The sooner you get those involved on the record, the less time they have to "forget" what happened.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
aawolf":ddtkki9r said:
Reported to the NFL on Sunday, investigation opened on Monday. On Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and part of Thursday, they have an opportunity to contact the people. Usually, in police investigations, you bring the suspect in ASAP, get his statements, and verify or poke holes in his accounts with those people "around" the main suspect. The sooner you get those involved on the record, the less time they have to "forget" what happened.
Yeah, but since this isn't a criminal investigation, Brady can just lie through his teeth like he did at the press conference and I'm sure the NFL knows that. :)

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Made my sick last night to see that literally the ONLY analysts defending this sham is ex Patriots like Willie McGinest, Heath Evans and Drew Bledsoe.

It's like some cult they don't want to be kicked out of.

Greenhell

Reaction score
Not that the NFL knows of such BS, they will make sure all balls will be inflated to specs. Wouldn't it be great, assuming Brady has always had his balls deflated, that the properly inflated balls have an impact on his game? I'd be ok with that.

minormillikin

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":18wx9wrm said:
minormillikin":18wx9wrm said:
It's about our next opponent. Traditionally, virtually anything relating to the upcoming opponent is allowed in the main forum.

*shrug*

Fair enough.

Though, I am starting to think the league is just dragging this out because they'd rather everyone was talking about a "family friendly" NFL scandal, rather than stuff like wife beating, child beating, and brain damaged retirees.

Boycie

Reaction score
aawolf":2fwa25n4 said:

NFL: OK, we believe you. I guess that covers everything we're supposed to do here. He said no, after all. No point in wasting time conducting an actual investigation

NFL: Ok gents, let's go put the wood to Lynch again.

BraveHeartFan

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1uwrk2dj said:
Made my sick last night to see that literally the ONLY analysts defending this sham is ex Patriots like Willie McGinest, Heath Evans and Drew Bledsoe.

Actually I believe it has more to do with the fact that very likely the Patriots have been doing things like this, even with those folks there, and they're not wanting their names to be attached to anything poor. So they're going to act like this wasn't ever going on when they were around, when very likely it was.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
BraveHeartFan":3qr4q93h said:
Sgt. Largent":3qr4q93h said:

Actually I believe it has more to do with the fact that very likely the Patriots have been doing things like this, even with those folks there, and they're not wanting their names to be attached to anything poor. So they're going to act like this wasn't ever going on when they were around, when very likely it was.

Maybe, but I think it has more to do with "Patriot Nation" loyalty.

But it's not surprising, just about every ex-player on all the sports networks favor their ex teams, even guys like M-Rob.

Just takes away their credibility though, what little credibility we give them.

BraveHeartFan

Reaction score
Also on that topic as well. I absolutely agree that Brady knew and had something to do with it. The QB is always the guy who has the input on the football and which ones they want to use. Brady himself admitted that he's the one who makes the choices on which ones to use.

He just won't admit to his wrong doing or his knowledge of what he allowed to be done.

jdemps

Reaction score
SF bay area, shaping young minds with a tinge of H
minormillikin":11jovb3x said:
RolandDeschain":11jovb3x said:
minormillikin":11jovb3x said:

*shrug*

Fair enough.

Though, I am starting to think the league is just dragging this out because they'd rather everyone was talking about a "family friendly" NFL scandal, rather than stuff like wife beating, child beating, and brain damaged retirees.

I think you may be on to something. :stirthepot:

Honestly, I'm just happy its not our team being distracted by this trash. They'll get a fine and have independent/non-team affiliated ball boys for the super bowl. The media needs something to write about in the lull week preSoop so they're blowing this up. After we win, they'll say that the ball was the reason Tiny Tom had an off day, not our defense.

I've heard this story before.

marymoorhawk

Reaction score
Greenhell":2zx0how0 said:
Not that the NFL knows of such BS, they will make sure all balls will be inflated to specs. Wouldn't it be great, assuming Brady has always had his balls deflated, that the properly inflated balls have an impact on his game? I'd be ok with that.

They played the second half with balls that were legal and scored 28 points. I think this is being blown way out of proportion and the media is feasting on it (shocking, the media driving a story - who knew!)

Is it illegal, yes and if it can be proven then punishment should follow (for me that means a hefty fine) but it had zero impact on the game - or close to zero impact. These calls for Brady to be suspended for the game or the Pats should be required to forfeit are agenda driven and nothing more than click bait.

Give us the Pats at full strength and lets go out and win the game.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
marymoorhawk":vw9zla5m said:
They played the second half with balls that were legal and scored 28 points. I think this is being blown way out of proportion and the media is feasting on it (shocking, the media driving a story - who knew!).

How many convicts do you know that got caught and that was the very first time they committed the crime?

The answer is zero, zero convicts.

So enough with the argument that this didn't have an impact on the Colts outcome. No it didn't, but it sure as hell could have had an impact on years and years of much closer Patriots games, including the one the very week before against the Ravens.

Do you honestly think Brady just started doing this for the Colts game? Dudes been in the league for 14 years.

Latest posts