Mike Golic says...

KatarHol

Reaction score
This morning Golic claimed that the Patriots cornerbacks are better. He said that Revis is better than Sherman and that Maxwell is only average whereas Browner is good. How do dimwits like this get a national stage?

Maulbert

Reaction score
KatarHol":3smzrqd7 said:
This morning Golic claimed that the Patriots cornerbacks are better. He said that Revis is better than Sherman and that Maxwell is only average whereas Browner is good. How do dimwits like this get a national stage?

When Browner was here, every 'expert' I read said Browner had one tool in his bag, and it was holding. They all said Maxwell was an improvement. Now that he's a Patriot, everyone acts like he's a top 5 corner. It's all bull. Maxwell is lightyears better than Browner.

hawk35fan

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":2xxv1srv said:
Mike and Mike are the worst. They seriously add nothing meaningful to sports journalism, analysis or even just conversation.

ESPN should replace Golic with Strahan.

RichNhansom

Reaction score
That's just the NFL pushing it's agenda to try and sell their product. No way Mike believes that but he has to tow the company line.

Optimus25

Reaction score
I have literally never heard an original AND intelligent thought from Golic. Just always really dumb, regurgitated crap.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
RichNhansom":1r20gmw8 said:
That's just the NFL pushing it's agenda to try and sell their product. No way Mike believes that but he has to tow the company line.

I think this is bull. Them talking about the NFL period is selling their product. This is Golic's opinion and he is entitled to that.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
I'm sure his injury will have some effect but in general Sherm plays the run much better and this game could very well come down to tackling.

lobohawk

Reaction score
Just another example of a talking head who hasn't watched the players in question to make an educated opinion.

TheHawkster

Reaction score
I don't trust anything Golic says.
Even if he's saying something is delicious.
He's earned that.

jlwaters1

Reaction score
Is everyone forgetting the Ravens game, Revis was far from brilliant. He got beat by smith and had a horrific holding penalty.

Chawks1

Reaction score
Don't shoot the messenger but PFF does have Maxwell ranked 45th out of 108 CB. Now a lot of that has to do with him being tested because they don't throw to Sherms side as often.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
KatarHol":2m12b1tn said:
Another lazy east coast moron that doesn't do his homework, sad, but expected!

Russ Willstrong

Reaction score
What's revealing is that Cris Carter when he's on that show actually gives the some props to Seattle's players while M&M try to discredit them.....and Chris Carter is far from a fan of Seattle.
BTW Just a FYI, Carter won't let his son play in Seattle and is steering him toward Indy. We probably don't need another WR with baggage anyway.

Rat

Reaction score
Revis and Browner are damn good. I wouldn't call liking them "uneducated".

Golic is OK. I like Greenburg better. Their commercials are a special kind of awful though.

On another note, I'm typing this on my phone and "Golic" autocorrected to "Holocaust" for some reason. Good thing I noticed before hitting the submit button.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":imjvmrtg said:
Mike and Mike are the worst. They seriously add nothing meaningful to sports journalism, analysis or even just conversation.

What, you don't like to watch three hours of two bafoons arguing about potato salad, how fat Golic is and the Jets?

FormerEvil

Reaction score
It's always comforting to me when people I think are less intelligent don't share the same opinion as me.
Me > Golic

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
You have to understand that while this board's general IQ is pretty high, most football fans in America are closer to the level of that bostonhardo character...soundbite-reliant, impressionable, and tending to make connections where none exist. NFL characters like Golic cater to such audiences with controversial inch-deep statements and regurgitated stuff. They fall short of Sando/Cosell level stuff because they're not trying.

rastahawk

Reaction score
Golic's on that east coast Nutrisystem wagon. Every time I catch Mike and Mike I can't change the channel fast enough. Mindless chatter and nothing insightful.

Latest posts