Pete's Thursday Super Bowl Press Conference w/Recap

kidhawk

Reaction score
[urltargetblank]http://www.seahawks.com/videos-photos/live.html[/urltargetblank]

NFLN says they'll cover it as well. I'll post a recap as he speaks, but he's really had some great stuff this week. I recommend listening in if you can.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
All over it today.....Then back to working on stuff...he he he

OP
OP
kidhawk

kidhawk

Reaction score
Opened answering about someone, but it wasn't football related.

Says both Seahawks and Patriots are very good when it comes to ball control. Today's practice focuses on not turning the ball over and on getting turnovers.

Said he asked about mechanics of trick plays by the patriots and the league said they will have a new signal for when an ineligible number is now eligible. We've been preparing for it. It's on us to see it. We're prepared for it.

On Bobby Wagner....he's a tremendous athlete. 4.4 guy coming out of college. Said he came to us as a pretty raw player. Norton threw him into the middle and he's grown right into that. He's an all around player. Covers well, blitzes well and gets from sideline to sideline.

on special strategy to defend Gronk...we are committed to who we are and what we are. We have certain flexibilitys where we can adjust during the game. We aren't forgetting their possible commitment to the run. We have to see how they are going to play it. Most important for us is to play with great speed.

On Rocky Seto....he's been a part of his staff since he arrived at SC. Watched him grow in the system. He knows everything we've ever done. Says he's a special confidant. he's integral in everything we do.

On trick plays and being the first team to do them (from Mariucci (sp?).......said he doesn't agree with it. Says you need to use them at the time when you can execute them best. Comes down to fundamentals on defense and special teams so you don't get caught not seeing it coming.

Time management for having personnel role along with coaching.....It's crucial to have the expertise. Said it's so important that he does this with John. He leans on John to collect all the information they need to know. Said it's too big a job for one guy. Calls it a whole other season of stuff that goes on while football is going on. Says it's important that he oversees it and has input but without John we wouldn't be "nowhere"

on Chandler Jones....Says we really liked him. Long arms and reach...similar to Aldon Smith in abilities. Said they wanted to see how he'd develop physically. We consider him in high regard

If our defense is as good as Steelers/Ravens...he said those comparisons are flattering but we don't gauge that. It's for the media to consider

On the Zone read. He learned it mostly in the college years. Mostly against Oregon was when he really had to start paying attention. Mentioned Illinois in a bowl game as well. Said it can create more problems with the opponents. It doesn't make sense for all quarterbacks, but it does for ours.

On Wilson's upcoming contract changing the team dynamic.....Says John has made a tremendous effort to keep our core guys. It should be obvious that we reward our own guys. There's a fine balance. Ravens had a change in their team due to finances, but we don't think that will happen here. We'll always have difficult decisions to make in the offseason but we hope to be able to keep the nucleus of the club....named Lynch, Baldwin, Kearse and the Linebackers. Russell wants to play on a good team too. We do have a plan and John is doing a wonderful job of carrying it out.

That's it for Pete. Sherman is up now. I will post videos later

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
I liked the NO about Mariucci. Ya gotta watch that to see the fun he is having.

OP
OP
kidhawk

kidhawk

Reaction score
Seahawkfan80":1f93vb86 said:
I liked the NO about Mariucci. Ya gotta watch that to see the fun he is having.

Agreed, Pete's been on fire all week. His press conferences are well worth the watch, live or recorded.

Laloosh

Reaction score
I thought his comments about Russ were some serious food for thought. I got the impression that he predicts Russ taking less money to keep the team competitive. Anybody else?

OP
OP
kidhawk

kidhawk

Reaction score
Laloosh":3uu18j02 said:
I thought his comments about Russ were some serious food for thought. I got the impression that he predicts Russ taking less money to keep the team competitive. Anybody else?

I don't think Russell takes Less nor did Pete mean that. I took it that he'd work to make the contract cap friendly while still getting his paycheck. At least that was my interpretation. Of course I believed that long before today, so my view may be tainted.

McGruff

Reaction score
Holy bejeebees . . . Sherman is so freakin' smart and well spoken.

I really don't get how anyone can listen to him and not like him.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
McGruff":1bwg6g9s said:

The evolution of Richard Sherman since last season has been fascinating. This was his best press conference I have ever seen.

OP
OP
kidhawk

kidhawk

Reaction score
hawknation2015":1r31h72s said:
McGruff":1r31h72s said:

The evolution of Richard Sherman since last season has been fascinating. This was his best press conference I have ever seen.

Yes it was pretty good.

NFLN decided to Show Lynch instead....He actually spoke a little (emphasis on little) but didn't say much. You'd think they'd wise up and just record those and show the good stuff we get from guys like Sherman. It's sad how they salivate to put someone on the air who doesn't want to be there while someone like Sherm gets relegated to the live feed on .com and maybe a bit replayed delayed on tv.

HawkAroundTheClock

Reaction score
Nice recap, Kid. I missed the beginning so I appreciate that.

Pete has to be making believers out of many neutral or on-the-fence fans with his sessions this week.

OP
OP
kidhawk

kidhawk

Reaction score
Our Man in Chicago":1xyf5r77 said:
Anyone have the Sherman presser?

I plan on posting video links for the players whenever .com gets around to posting them

OP
OP
kidhawk

kidhawk

Reaction score
Pete's Video is up:
[urltargetblank]http://www.seahawks.com/videos-photos/videos/Pete-Carroll-SB49-Thursday-Press-Conference/6c05f20b-9e0f-43d9-8ec6-8087455dcfae[/urltargetblank]