Can Pete lose the lockerroom over this decision?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
kidhawk":1py1deb6 said:
Pete didn't make the call. If they are pissed it's at Bevell

But if he keeps Bevell around it's a valid question.

Mtjhoyas

Reaction score
Pete didn't make the call. I know he said he did, but that is clearly the OC. Pete, as a good leader, is falling on the sword. That's what good leaders do, just like RW said it was a bad throw by him.

He won't lose the locker room. If anything, it will enhance his standing because he is the guy publicly taking the blame. This loss hurts, but if the players know he will take the hit, they will stand by him. It's like any other business; your boss/manager/etc owns up to a team failure, your team tends to fight that much harder knowing that guy has their back.

Now Bevell, even if he was right, shouldn't have called out Lockette. Trust me, I'm pissed at the WRs, but this is where the good figure heads stand up, and wear the blame.

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score
That's football. They'll get past it. Nothing Pete or anyone else can't handle. It's over and there's nothing can be done now. The team is stronger than that. No way he loses the locker room. That's pretty absurd, IMHO.

Decimation

Reaction score
This is horrible.. Crazy how one play can possibly change the direction of this team.

Hope all works out in the end. This is devastating.

Status
Not open for further replies.